MB152 "Semi WIFF", Mystere Real World

Mass

Hello all

Latest two finished. Both started as 1/72 out of box builds to get some mojo back, but one suffered major decal disintegration so turned itself into a semi-WIFF.

First up, a 1/72 SMER Bloch MB 152. I bought this gawd knows how long ago (it had a price sticker of $1.50 on it) and it was the first time I've used Vallejo Model Air acrylics. Good having the eye dropper bottle but the paint is very soft. Don't know if I'll use it again. Three issues with the build:
(1) I stuffed up the 3/4 windows by donating them to the carpet monster, so I had to put the canopy sitting a bit back - no, ClearFix wouldn't stretch that far;
(2) as a result you can see where I cut corners with no seatbelt and where I didn't extend the cockpit floor, so you can see right through the wheel wells to the ground; and
(3) the decals literally exploded when they hit water, so I had to find some substitutes. All I had were post WWII French roundels plus pre-war French EC 1 (or EC 7 I'm not sure) insignia, so she sports a hybrid pre and post war marking scheme on WWII colours. Anyway, photos below:

MB_152__00_zpsh2u1khyh.jpg

MB_152__01_zpseuklfzgh.jpg

MB_152__02_zpsnlutq5ru.jpg

MB_152__03_zpsjrgykcrj.jpg

Secondly, a 1/72 Revell Dassault Mystere IVA of the Patrouille de France. This is the old Matchbox kit re-popped and as you'll see the seams and canopy still managed to beat me. The large decals actually went on well considering its age (maybe the thicker ones last better) and my airbrush work is starting to improve. No issues here except my haste with the intake that made it set at a slight off angle. Again Vallejo Model Air acrylics. Photos below:

Mystere_00_zpsslgimbgx.jpg

Mystere_01_zpsaxrmmhwu.jpg

Mystere_02_zps50nqj7dh.jpg

Anyway, I'm happy with the both in the end.

Ciao

Andrew

• Like 3