Hello all,

This is my recently finished model of F-14A Tomcat in 1/72. It is a nicely moulded Fujimi kit with additional items like pylons, bombs, bombrack, LANTIRN and Sparrow from Hasegawa kit, resin seats (the kit's seats are lost somewhere) and Fightertown's decal.

I detailed the cockpit's side walls and wheel wells as they are completely bare. I found a fret of Tomcat PE from old Fujimi Royal Collection that I used some of them. Painting was done using Gunze lacquer paints and weathering by oil.

I chose modex 107 (BuNo 161296) as this particular bird dropped 32 bombs and also the only Black Knights' bird to shot her gun during VF-154 Final Combat Cruise 2003 in supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. She was one of five that based at Al Udeid, Qatar to support mainly Special Operation Task Force CTF-20 inside Iraq.

My model is not historically accurate as the crew names and bomb marks were painted after the squadron left the area. However, Tomcat is one of my favorite fighter and in this September, US Tomcat has been retired for 10 years.

Enjoy the pics...

IMG_1605_zps2hhqmskb.jpg

IMG_1600_zpsfdqac6qm.jpg

IMG_1606_zpstwqqrosr.jpg

IMG_1608_zpse0cxau26.jpg

IMG_1610_zpse7dmscjb.jpg

IMG_1601_zpsjq1pgism.jpg

P1260183_zpswsrj1sel.jpg

• Like 58

• 2 weeks later...