Airfix Ju 87 Stuka

Ferrata

Hi All,

I'm a new member and I just thought I would post a few pictures of my latest effort. This is the first thing I've done in a couple of years after a work enforced break so be gentile with the comments. The kit started life as the Airfix 1:48 Ju87 B-2 but with a few modifications I have backdated it to a B-1 from the Legion Condor.

DSC_0001_zps8srykevk.jpg

DSC_0015_zpshzcsandh.jpg

DSC_0016_zpskpvwhak5.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsqkpbmucq.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 47

Something to consider for your next build and it will really take a good build to the next level. Do a panel wash. Don't bother with trying to make your own AK or MIG have them ready to go. I came back to the modelling scene and thought washes were beyond me. then I did a spitfire and tried it and it was just that little bit of difference. A dark grey or brown on usual works well

On 22 September 2016 at 2:52 PM, Sean_M said:

Something to consider for your next build and it will really take a good build to the next level. Do a panel wash. Don't bother with trying to make your own AK or MIG have them ready to go. I came back to the modelling scene and thought washes were beyond me. then I did a spitfire and tried it and it was just that little bit of difference. A dark grey or brown on usual works well

Thanks for the tip. Do you mean a general wash to dirty up the model or something to emphasise the panel lines? I've used a general wash in the past but this time I wanted to show something a little cleaner as if it had just arrived in country.

I ment a very subtle was to enhance and make the panel lines pop. In another post if you look at pics of my tamaya spitfire I have kept her very clean but a careful panel was adds the difference when looking at the model.