Alien Queen re-boot.Bet no one saw that coming!

Carts

Well,Ripley's got to have something to do.

Again,another half finished kit from the past,The Halcyon Alien Queen.

alienqueen_zps56a4b323.jpg

The more I looked at it the more something bugged me about it,flicking through some of my reference books, I realized its the head and teeth that are the problem,the head looks fixed, in the movie it mas mobile under the carapace ,and the teeth are more like the Alien warriors rather than the mainly pointy clear teeth of her Majesty..................So i cut her head off and removed her dentures!

Built up a longer head with strips of card and then covered with a layer of milliput.

DSCF3940_zpscthdwglr.jpg

I've since removed her inner mouth piece as well and hollowed out her jaw so it looks less solid

The colour scheme is a tricky one,In nearly every photo she looks a different colour due to the lighting,So spent the day experimenting with different hues and colours,pretty pleased so far.

DSCF3943_zpsnwjot8xq.jpg

DSCF3942_zps4bdicrfe.jpg

Current Alien obsession unabated I'm afraid.

Andy

• Like 7

One of the best nasties to grace the big screen and it's great to see one being built/rebuilt online

I always have a chuckle at how obvious they've made her into a female stereotype (as such) with the stiletto style feet. I think that's a bit of a downside in it's creation. Very much not required

Still, that aside, I think your getting the right colours for her head and this is one build I will be watching

10 hours ago, Madhatter said:

I always have a chuckle at how obvious they've made her into a female stereotype (as such) with the stiletto style feet.

Never actually noticed that :D Now i'm suffering from the "That which has been seen cannot be unseen" ! 

Nice work on the queen - I've always wanted this kit and now im gonna have a poke around for one ;)

Thanks All,I know what you mean about the "Shoes"I think I only really noticed them when I bought the kit,and remember feeling distinctively"Meh" They certainly don't seem prominent in the actual film.

Progress so far,Sorry about the photos,She's hard to get a decent piccy of due to the high gloss coat and various shades of blue\grey that make up the majority of the colour scheme.

DSCF3962_zps5mvxcaec.jpg

DSCF3973_zps2yl6f9u3.jpg

Have spent my "Modelling time" today making lots of teeth out of heated and stretched clear sprue..................................................I need to get a life;)

• Like 3

Brilliant work so far.....I really should get back to mine......built it over 15 years ago.....I painted it mainly grey,....then decided to introduce blue to it......only got to her waist,...& gave up

I dug her out of my shelf queen box to show you her teeth,.....all carved from clear styrene

IMG_4780_zpsrqhhklsb.jpg

IMG_4778_zpsxjf7aknq.jpg

Please excuse the dust

IMG_4777_zpsdw2sxqop.jpg

IMG_4775_zpsqxoj033w.jpg

IMG_4774_zpsic028oa9.jpg

John

The teeth(and the whole model) look great,Like yourself I'm worried I might run out of enthusiasm when I've finished the torso,Cant say working on the tail fills me with joy.

18 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looking superb.....Maybe stretch clear sprue for her teeth?  :hmmm:

Yep,Her Majesty before stomping out for a revenge based rampage pops in her falsies:lol:

AQT2_zpskfbby0lj.jpg

AQTEETH1_zpsszzhvhij.jpg

The teeth look a bit big in the picture,but I think that's the macro effect,they dont look so big in" real" life

• Like 3

Hi Tony,

This is the original Halcyon Alien Queen,They sometimes pop up on e-Bay,but boxed examples can go for silly money,Saying that ,a build up went recently for a measly fiver,If you do an E-Bay search for "Vinyl Model kits" you may come across some very similar looking items from the Far East.

The Kit stands about 35cm tall depending on leg position.

• Like 1

Cheers Sarge:thanks:

Head now in position,Much more extended,Insert shows what I knocked up for the inner jaw,You can just about make it out,tendons from carapace to lower jaw made from clear stretched sprue.

queen%20teeth2_zpsgr34l44x.jpg

Wine consumption,Hopefully exlpains,photo skills(or lack thereof):rolleyes: 

• Like 3

The see-through mouth parts are especially horrible!

I've seen some decent drool on Tyranids - the mini painters seem to mostly use UHU glue for that. The problem is it doesn't have much weight so the strings are all straight, but that would be OK between e.g. corresponding upper and lower teeth?

Cheers,

Will