Hasegawa 1/72 Mig-25 'Foxbat'

Hi All, this is not my model but my son Matthew's who is an intermittent modeler this Mig is his latest build, it is out of the box except the seat which was Aeroclub. The main colour is Halford Ford Polar Grey which may be a wee bit on the dark side but we both decided it was near enough for government work :) I hope you like it.

IMG_1504_zpshlxiqsbv.jpg

IMG_1503_zps4tlpmsbx.jpg

IMG_1502_zpspvsvwaao.jpg

IMG_1501_zpssticzcxi.jpg

1. IMG_1500_zpscjrdzbyp.jpg

IMG_1499_zpsmhlkankn.jpg

Thanks for looking

John & Matthew 

• Like 27

Hello,you two!! - Here's a delightful piece of teamwork.This 'Foxbat' looks splendid and I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.She's my favourite 'Beast from the East' and is a fine tribute to the type.

I want to see more builds from Matt!! :clap:All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

That looks pretty darn good to me. I've long agonised over whether to pick up one of these, (cheaper) or a Zvezda one ( more expensive but supposedly more accurate) Seeing this & your comment "good enough for Govt work", it'd be good enough for me too. I reckon he's made a cracking job of that.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 19 September 2016 at 1:53 PM, vh-bob said:

G'day All

The colour looks fine to me and I like the clean finish rather than the currently popular "unloved" look favoured by many.

Well Done,   Trev.

Hello,Trev - I totally agree and support your reply.The 'Foxbat' looks superb in her clean (loved) finish and this is what I love to see.It's a personal choice and preference,I know,but it will do for me.😉👍All the best,Paul.

On 2016-09-19 at 1:29 AM, stevehnz said:

That looks pretty darn good to me. I've long agonised over whether to pick up one of these, (cheaper) or a Zvezda one ( more expensive but supposedly more accurate) Seeing this & your comment "good enough for Govt work", it'd be good enough for me too. I reckon he's made a cracking job of that.

Steve.

It's very much more correct indeed and far better detailed too 😉

However it is a far more complex kit to build than the beautifully simple Hasegawa! ☺

You pays your Money and pick your choices

• Like 2

10 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Thank you all very much on Matt's behalf, I've tried to get him to join up, he's thinking about it! ^_^

John

It's a pleasure,John.Matt must follow the wishes of the many and join 'The Crew'.:clap:All the very best to you both,Paul.

• Like 2

Hello everybody, I relented and joined.

Thank you very much for all the kind words, it's really nice to hear! :) I must confess that she only looks so clean because I don't know how to make her look dirtier, but as she hadn't been in service long before the pilot Victor Belenko defected with her at least it's probably historically accurate that she looks nice and clean. :P

• Like 5