1/144 South African Airways DC-4

mitchem

Just finished my South African Airways DC-4 in 1/144 for the Airliner III Group Build.

MInicraft kit finished off in markings from F-dcal :

SADC4pf.jpg

SADC4pr.jpg

SADC4sr.jpg

SADC4sf.jpg

and here it is with a neighbour :

Neighbours.jpg

Build Log can be found here: South African Airways DC-4 (WIP 2) ***FINISHED***

Time to start the engines and head on back to the Group Build and see if I can make any progress on my 747.

SADC4lpf.jpg

Thanks for dropping by.

mike

• Like 23

Love that last photo in particular, and a really nice build of the DC4

• Like 1

Many thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated and just the tonic to keep me trying.

On 9/18/2016 at 5:49 PM, bzn20 said:

Great model...That last pic is ace, nice little sign off...How did you do that? Hair dryer ?

My wife's "Parlux 3200 Ceramic and Ionic edition". She gets pretty steamed up when she switches it on and I've changed the settings to "rotate propellers"

On 9/19/2016 at 9:02 PM, Viking said:

What a beauty Mike! That photo with all 4 props turning is my favourit model pic of the year! Fantastic.

Cheers

John

Thanks John - high praise indeed from the master !

Club-mates are putting the squeeze on me to build a Shackleton, but only to see if I can get 8 props on the go at the same time. They'll have to wait until a decent MR3 arrives on the scene.

Best Regards

mike

• Like 2

On 24/09/2016 at 9:28 AM, mitchem said:

Club-mates are putting the squeeze on me to build a Shackleton, but only to see if I can get 8 props on the go at the same time. They'll have to wait until a decent MR3 arrives on the scene.

That'll give you time to save up for a second hairdryer then - to blow from the other side & get the contra-rotation right....!! :whistle: :clap2:

Really, really love this DC-4 Mike, absolutely wonderful job you've done on this beauty - hope I didn't miss it last Wednesday?

Keith

• Like 1