THE CONTINUATION OF MY SCRATCH BUILT B17G!

Fozzy

3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Lovely work as always, Fozzy.

And well done for getting the pictures up.

I'll have a go at that site myself, I think.

Cheers Pete

Perdu suggested it earlier....pretty easy and quick with out all those bleeding adverts Photo Bucket had!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, perdu said:

There now

Told you it was easy didn't I

Oh by the way

nice doors dude!

Looking awesome Fozzy mate

Lets hope we don't wake up tomorrow to find that Postimage are going the same way as PB Bill !!!

23 hours ago, Fozzy said:

lets see if we can carry on with no hick ups........

Here are a few more shots of the doors.....I hope!:(

Here is the Alu tape on the out side of the doors..............

byt_009.jpg

Here are the doors attached (not permanently...as I have to place the actuating rods at a later stage)

....and now up on the display stand for the nose section...haven't got round to building one yet!!!

byt_016.jpg

byt_019.jpg

byt_018.jpg

Hooray !....I think I just got used to using something other than chuffing Photo Bucket!

Again thanks Bill and Cathasatail for guiding me through...

Thanks for looking in

Fozzy

I'm totally impressed with the way you've managed to make the doors look as if the doors are made of one sheet of aluminium.

How did you manage that (Assuming that it's not one sheet of course...)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P.o Prune said:

I'm totally impressed with the way you've managed to make the doors look as if the doors are made of one sheet of aluminium.

How did you manage that (Assuming that it's not one sheet of course...)

Hi Finn

Yes it's one sheet of Aluminum!....approximately 14.5cm x 6.5cm for each door....its the only way to make it look real!

Cheers

Fozzy 

Edited by Fozzy

I am devastated! Really enjoying your builds since i stumbled accross them and have been working my way through the SE5a build thread. Got to page 33 logged on last night for my Fozzy fix and boom Photobucket ruins myweekend!:poop::rage:

Do you have the build on any other platform that i can find?

Keep up the great work, you have inspired me to have a go at scratch building. Found some plans for one of my Fav Aircraft - Dragon Rapide:D. Just need to finish my current projects first!

Cheers

Andy

4 minutes ago, Buddyboy12 said:

I am devastated! Really enjoying your builds since i stumbled accross them and have been working my way through the SE5a build thread. Got to page 33 logged on last night for my Fozzy fix and boom Photobucket ruins myweekend!:poop::rage:

Do you have the build on any other platform that i can find?

Keep up the great work, you have inspired me to have a go at scratch building. Found some plans for one of my Fav Aircraft - Dragon Rapide:D. Just need to finish my current projects first!

Cheers

Andy

Andy....I'm devastated as well mate!.....All my past projects gone for ever!....I still have all the build photos backed up on disc for most of my projects ..but no explanation how I put it together, as I thought there was no need!....I absolutely hate PB for doing that to all of us.:angry:

I have all my builds on Large Scale Planes also...but alas Photo Bucket was my host for them as well....sorry:(

Good luck with your Rapide!

Hi everyone

Here is my next post....

I am very close to the finishing post for this section of this mammoth task I have set my self of scratch building this B17G!...what on earth was I thinking?...but once I start something I just have to finish it! . What I am attempting to do is finish the Bomb bay before I have a break in UK for a few months...so that when I come back I will be able to start on the next section which will be the Radio room....but I mustn't get ahead of myself!:nah:

So this post is all about the gubbings behind the wing fillets!....there's pipes and cables and I believe some sort of hydraulic pump thingy....well at least I think it is!. I have to say that this for me is when I am at my most content when model making...trying to make something look as real as I can out of bits of plastic and wire...oh the joys of scratch building!

So here we have the Starboard side with the pump thingy!!!..........

lo_003.jpg

(I hope that Postimage won't give me any hassle....unlike those b#$%a** at PB!:swear:)

...and here is the Port side.....

lo_006.jpg

Time now to apply paint and artists oils....port side

vc_007.jpg

vc_018.jpg

vc_023.jpg

Now for the Starboard side...........

vc_011.jpg

vc_015.jpg

vc_016.jpg

...and for the overall effect I put it on the front sections display stand again

vc_020.jpg

mn_004.jpg

Now then....all I have to do now is the detail on the Bulk head nearest the front section...Bulkhead number 5   and then a few pieces of tidying up and that's that for this phase....oh and a stand !

Best get on

Oh BTW...Post image .org is simple simple and fast...:)

Thanks for looking in

Fozzy

• Like 10

Holiday? You've only just started posting again!

I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Times. Or the Beano. Not sure yet.

In the meantime though, a lovely bit of detailing.

• Like 3

Hi chaps

So here it is ...(at long last :yahoo:).....Bomb bay all finished!

I had a lot of fiddly things to do starting with all the detail on the bulk head where the hydraulic pump and the Engineers circuit breaker board is....here are some photos.

Here are the hydraulic fluid tanks which is connected to the hydraulic pump further in the cockpit....

fds_008.jpg

fds_003.jpg

Here is the circuit breaker board for the Engineer to play with!!

bv_001.jpg

So here it all is put together and painted.......

zzzz_006.jpg

kkkkk_007.jpg

kkkkk_010.jpg

kkkkk_014.jpg

Once again I have thoroughly enjoyed my self with this section of the B17G.

I also managed to complete it before my trip to UK...which is good news for me as when I return to my office at the beginning of September I will be able to start a fresh on the next section which will be the Radio room!....I think I need this time off from this build as it is the toughest project I have ever done....I really was only going to do the front section....but I guess I got carried away with it all!!.

Thank you to you chaps who have been watching this and giving me support and help to get through the build....but I will need you in a few months time to encourage me for the next section...so don't go away!

I will post a few photos on RFI a little later

cc_023.jpg

Cheers guys.......I'll be back soon!

Fozzy

• Like 14

We int going nowhere mate

And I s'spect even if we did a slight mention of words like

Fozzy

Fort

or maybe Radio Room  or

Radio Shack

would have us homing in like Speckled Jim should have

have a good break, see you here, there or everywhere

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys..really appreciate it....I have only been away from my office for 2 days and already missing it !

1 hour ago, Fozzy said:

Thanks a lot guys..really appreciate it....I have only been away from my office for 2 days and already missing it !

Well skip the holiday and get back to it - you know you want to really!

The level of detail is breathtaking. I am so glad you decided to build the whole aircraft and not just the nose section.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well hi there everyone!

After a long break that was had in dear old Blighty! I have returned to my office in downtown Bulgaria where the temperatures are at a sizzling 32C...real feel 37c...so just as well I am locked away at my bench!

I do hope that everyone had a good summer...I know I did!

So on the subject of this B17G.......well I thought it best to make the second display stand.... which I wanted to be the same as the front section stand. In the photos I have taken I hope that it kind of shows where I am going with this project......here they are.....

bv_007.jpg

bv_006.jpg

bv_004.jpg

bv_005.jpg

fre_005.jpg

bv_002.jpg

I was thinking the other morning as how long I thought it would take to finish this project....and I came to the frightening conclusion that it will be another 3 years in the finishing!:o....seems crazy really but I just have to do it....and I do hope I have you guys on board to spur me on!... Each section takes me about a year to complete and I have another 3 sections to go!

I am in the process now of gathering info and photos of the Radio room section which is next on the agenda....but before I start building I think I am going to put together one of my kits that I have in my ...very small stash!...just as a warm up for the Radio room.

So until then.......see you in a bit!

Cheers

Fozzy

• Like 11