Panzer Kamphwagen IV

Jusjay

So my first armour RFI is here. Paints used were Tamiya and humbrol Matt coat for the varnish. Weathering included hairspray chipping on the muffler and various areas, and some oil paint that streaks were added in. I'd love to hear some feedback on this! 

61AFAB0B-B140-41FA-B774-C94F10D70298_zps

8C1818F7-40EE-44CA-93C8-68D8985342AC_zps

8A58513C-22E9-47A2-AE53-78C577EC6B46_zps

10E8B8EE-03AC-49CB-BF2C-535AC8536358_zps

9F331254-45E0-46B4-8C6E-4A2F81742EDC_zps

096C906E-C33E-4BD7-B832-287BF32A19A6_zps

• Like 6

A very need, clean build. The weathering is subtle and nicely done, but an overall flat coat, and possibly a little dust or wash might enhance it - not that there's anything wrong as it stands, but if you are after suggestions, those would be mine.

Its a brave step posting your first RFI - and you've done yourself proud.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

A very need, clean build. The weathering is subtle and nicely done, but an overall flat coat, and possibly a little dust or wash might enhance it - not that there's anything wrong as it stands, but if you are after suggestions, those would be mine.

Its a brave step posting your first RFI - and you've done yourself proud.

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm a bit annoyed with humbrol tbh as their Matt coat just doesn't dry Matt anymore so I'm going to recoat it with w&n when I can get some. Following your suggestion I may add some pigment dust to the hull on top and see if that improves it somewhat. Thank you again :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyRM101 said:

Very nice. I like the subtle streaking. Maybe a little dust/mud build-up on the lower hull would add to it, but that's purely subjective.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I did try to add some mud build up at the front but maybe it was t enough. Think you can just make it out in one of the photos. There's still time for me to get back and do some more though :) thanks mate

11 hours ago, Avereda said:

That looks really very well built to me

9 hours ago, foxy said:

Cracking job on the Panzer, looks like its starting to make trouble for someone.

foxy B)

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it 😀

Congratulations on your first armour RFI! It probably won't be your last!! :wicked: Great job! Well done. :thumbsup:

I agree with what some of the others have said above - a matt coat would help - although, as you say, the Humbrol version...isn't...........and a dirt wash or two would add to the finished appearance.

Looking forward to your next armour build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Congratulations on your first armour RFI! It probably won't be your last!! :wicked: Great job! Well done. :thumbsup:

I agree with what some of the others have said above - a matt coat would help - although, as you say, the Humbrol version...isn't...........and a dirt wash or two would add to the finished appearance.

Looking forward to your next armour build.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for your comment stix, much appreciated. I have got some W&N acrylic Matt which I'm trying to thin down and get a good finish on so I'll be using that on it soon. I was going to do a wash on it but the humbrol wash I have is rubbish and wasn't sure on a sludge wash. I need to get some flory washes I think! I'm partway through my Tamiya Sherman at the moment and I'm trying out some techniques on that which I'm pretty happy with. Pics up soon in the wip....

1 minute ago, Nick Charnock said:

Nice build, and the W&N works great in a thin coat, I thin it down 50/50 with white spirit.

Couple of washes and dust would add to the worn look but if you want it looking clean it's great!!

Cheers

Nick

Cheers nick I think I'll leave it now maybe add some dust to it over time but I'll try the white spirit thinner as I didn't think that would work being acrylic? Interesting I'll test that tomorrow. Cheers again :) 

24 minutes ago, Jusjay said:

Cheers nick I think I'll leave it now maybe add some dust to it over time but I'll try the white spirit thinner as I didn't think that would work being acrylic? Interesting I'll test that tomorrow. Cheers again :) 

No prob and It's an odd one but I read about in a book on small scale ship modelling by David Griffith. Used it ever since.

• Like 1