Griffin HT1 (now finished)

Rodders154

Bit late in starting but as i dont take long on models It will be finished well before the deadline.

Griffon HT1 of the helicopter school using the Italeri kit with no aftermarket (except MAYBE the decals) I will use Revell decals for the most partput anything up on the site and had nearly finishe

So on with the show.  I suddenly realised that I had not put up anything on the forum and had fished the cabin.  Those who have seen my builds before know that I do tend to get on with it and am not too fusy about the accuracy of the kit unless it is glaring I leave it as it came in the box.

First pic is picture of the box (duh)

1.jpg

There is enough of the basic 2 blader being build so the spure only shows the Griffon bits

3.jpg

Decals x2 will be using bits from both

2.jpg

Sorry no cabin being built pics but got carried away.  I used a modeldecal wessex instrument panal cut down for the instruments I think it looks better and under the glass its very hard to see properly anyway.

4.jpg

From another angle

5.jpg

Rodders

• Like 4

Told you all I was a quick builder

More progress takn about 10 hours to get to here

201.jpg

The 10p is the ballest weight to keep it on its skids and avoid tailsitting.

202.jpg

Major cockup on the windows above the pilots in that they go in from the underneath not on tol like I have them noticed too late after I had joined it all togeather

The blue is tamiya clear blue via a brush.

203.jpg

Coming along I had never noticed that one windscreen had the triangle in the top corner you live and learn.

All seams sorted now.

204.jpg

The main differance between a Griffin and a 212/UH-1N

205.jpg

Assembley and painting next

I had a sleepless night so spent a lot of it modelling  Will edit this post about the reason later

Rodders

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Nice start, such an attractive scheme.

I don't suppose that I could cheekily ask if you'll have any if the DHFS titles left over?

Sorry but the other set is earmarked for a mach2 squirrel which is languishing in the stash 

Rodders 

• Like 1

Right then told you I was quick

Masking and painting then decalling

All that needs now is the final stencils along with the red on the blades and final assembly

Back to work on Monday should be done by then.

Many thanks to Tiger331 for letting me have the decals and waiting for my modelling skill to improve enugh to do them justice

302.jpg

Main blades masked

400.jpg

Getting there

301.jpg

Next update should be the RFI and in the GB Gallery

Rodders

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

Wow, you are powering through this one Rodders, is it Blitz build of sorts? :D

Nice job so far. That DHFS scheme looks great on the Huey :thumbsup:

This is normal speed for me on a build. I am not getting alot of sleep reason will become obvious soon so this whiles away the night.

I never bother with etch as with my eyes I cannot see much of a differance and not being a rivet counter I think that if a kit is recognisable as the subject then I feel  have done alright.

Rodders

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...