How do I post Pictures?

Mike

On 13/10/2020 at 08:15, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The same issue occurred with the ARC forums about a month ago when they updated their forum.  No BBCode links were working

Testing Flickr BBCode link - works!

50449323803_8579a8edb4_b.jpg

and direct page URL - works as well

72-Airfix_C-47_Ipec_25

G'day from Sydney

I recently returned to this site as I have started to do another build after 6 years. I used to use Photobucket to upload photos in the past but it now apparently costs dollars to upload photos onto it. I read that Flickr was free for up to 1000 images so I decided to open an account and upload photos there. Still getting used to it as I only did that this morning.

I did see some instructions from another poster posted quite a while ago about how to upload photos from Flickr to this site. I followed the instructions and got frustrated after about an hour of trying and nothing happening.

After reading the instructions again, I did manage to upload images quite easily.

I will try and locate the post and include it here for anyone who might be interested.

It was a great help to me so it might help someone else. 

Regards,

Steve from Sydney

6 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

All the Photobucket images I have seen on various forums are ruined by the grey translucent bar crossing each picture. May as well not bother!

Hi Noel,

I did notice that as well so decided to try Flickr.

It seems to work quite well and is fairly quick as well.

Perhaps I should do a short tutorial on how to upload using Flickr. That may help people who are are having difficulties.

Regards,

Steve

11 hours ago, Stinger 9 said:

Hi Noel,

I did notice that as well so decided to try Flickr.

It seems to work quite well and is fairly quick as well.

Perhaps I should do a short tutorial on how to upload using Flickr. That may help people who are are having difficulties.

Regards,

Steve

How to link photos from Flickr has been covered several times notably here and here.  I'm not the most prolific photo poster but after brief flirtations with a couple of other sites I settled on Flickr about five years ago and it has never given me any trouble either with uploading or linking.

Dave G

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kentavros76 said:

Test on picture uploading...

54995.jpeg

Posting is successful, but the image is too small. It could easily be 3 times larger. 800x600 is a good size for this forum.

Chris

14 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Posting is successful, but the image is too small. It could easily be 3 times larger. 800x600 is a good size for this forum.

Chris

Can you click on the image? It should open up!!! When I click on, it opens a new window and the I can enlarge the picture even more! 

7 hours ago, Kentavros76 said:

Can you click on the image? It should open up!!! When I click on, it opens a new window and the I can enlarge the picture even more! 

But if you posted a larger image, I wouldn't have to click on it, would I?

Which one of these do you like better?

A:

50391844872_3203933742_q.jpg

Or B:

50391844872_3203933742_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I too was looking for a photo hosting platform, I use github for code and wondered????

Yes it seems to work, if you've not used a source code control system its probably a bit of a faff and a bit techy but if you have it quite nice.

And it was recently bought by Microsoft so hopefully not going anywhere (I hope their embrace, extend, extinguish days are behind them)

Beaufighter.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does not work for me.  The Insert image from URL field just turns pink, its obviously very embarrassed.

I have tried:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o52up1jyrgapec/2021-01-18_13-16-46.jpg?dl=0 

https://pasteboard.co/JKa8H9z.jpg

https://paste.pics/9e7c4fa43ff84e008caa5fa9eecda63c

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149487253@N06/shares/6FT4YC

Now this works ... https://i.paste.pics/9e7c4fa43ff84e008caa5fa9eecda63c.png

Possibly as the parsing sees the image extension (png) and wraps an HTML image tag...

9e7c4fa43ff84e008caa5fa9eecda63c.png

Peter

Edited by pbrowne

All the images except the pasteboard one can be copied and pasted directly into Britmodeller

In the image hosting window right click on the image, select copy image link

Click in your Britmodeller post editing window where you want your image to be and paste link (control shift V)

The image should appear automatically.

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

9e7c4fa43ff84e008caa5fa9eecda63c.png

2021-01-18_13-16-46

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rich,

yes, that is the best way to check proof that it has worked; before posting it to the forum.  If it does not appear in the preview then it won't on the live forum.

Mike

22 hours ago, Rich75 said:

When I paste the Flickr URL into my post it says it cant be copied as there is no picture there?

How are you getting the Flickr URL? The best way is to click on the photo you want to upload and open it in Flickr. At the bottom right, there is an arrow curving to the right, click that and a pop-up will open. Select 'BBCode' from the top right of the pop-up, then select what size you want to display your photo (800 or 1024 for the first figure is best) from dropdown list. Once that it done, right click on the code above the dropdown and select copy. Then you can just paste it into your thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my newbie ignorance ...Photos that I have are either on my tablet and/or Google photos..neither seems to provide a URL

I don't do photobucket or similar.

Other forums I'm on I can just post pics that are on my device..if URL is the only route does this mean I effectively can't put photos on here ?

Edited by Pig of the Week
More info

1 minute ago, Pig of the Week said:

Excuse my newbie ignorance ...Photos that I have are either on my tablet and/or Google photos..neither seems to provide a URL

I don't do photobucket or similar, if URL is the only route does this mean I effectively can't put photos on here ?

Hey @Pig of the Week, if you go to the following thread, you'll find instructions on posting photos from various hosting companies. I provided instructions on how to post from Google photos which have been summarized in the first post, but be forewarned it is a multi-step process that involves a third party website. I still use this process, but I know it's a turnoff for many because it's not a straightforward one-click URL solution.