This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

How do I post Pictures?

How difficult it all is! It used to be easier .....:D

I've just discovered (quite by accident, by the way) you can bypass part of the procedure by simply pasting the link into the field instead of going to "Insert other media".  (I was getting nowhere with that).

Posted (edited)

Ok, it is time to try it!

IMG_4965.jpg

Edited by boom.boom

On 06/04/2018 at 15:28, Uncle Pete said:

I've just discovered (quite by accident, by the way) you can bypass part of the procedure by simply pasting the link into the field instead of going to "Insert other media".  (I was getting nowhere with that).

Psssst! :ninja: Don't want to burst your balloon, but that was mentioned in the first post!  :cwl:

On 15/09/2016 at 09:53, Mike said:

Ok - assuming you already have your photos hosted online somewhere, you just copy the DIRECT link from wherever it is (Photobucket, Flickr, you name it), and you paste it into your posting window. 

Ok, that was easy, but... Is there any option to reduce size of image during the process of uploading to the forum? :hmmm:

5 minutes ago, boom.boom said:

Ok, that was easy, but... Is there any option to reduce size of image during the process of uploading to the forum? :hmmm:

There's not really much benefit to that as you're still burning through the bandwidth of a larger photo when a smaller one would do (saving any possible limited bandwidth with your photo-host, as well as it taking longer to download the large photo when a small one would be quicker.  This is important to people with lower quality connections, or who are connecting via cellular data.

In-house we use a maximum of 1280 x 850, which will fit most people's 1080p desktop machines, and leaves us with a filesize that's not too large.

However, the forum has a back-stop that reduces photos over a certain size so they don't go off the edge of your screen, but out of respect to your fellow members who may be viewing your pics via metered bandwidth (mobile/cellular data allowances mainly), it's good practice to post pics that are the correct size anyway. :angel:

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's not really much benefit to that as you're still burning through the bandwidth of a larger photo when a smaller one would do (saving any possible limited bandwidth with your photo-host, as well as it taking longer to download the large photo when a small one would be quicker.  This is important to people with lower quality connections, or who are connecting via cellular data.

In-house we use a maximum of 1280 x 850, which will fit most people's 1080p desktop machines, and leaves us with a filesize that's not too large.

However, the forum has a back-stop that reduces photos over a certain size so they don't go off the edge of your screen, but out of respect to your fellow members who may be viewing your pics via metered bandwidth (mobile/cellular data allowances mainly), it's good practice to post pics that are the correct size anyway. :angel:

:worthy:

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Psssst! :ninja: Don't want to burst your balloon, but that was mentioned in the first post!  :cwl:

:pie:  Here's a pie to slap in my face!

Just now, Uncle Pete said:

:pie:  Here's a pie to slap in my face!

Nah, you'd only duck and someone else would get it! :lol:

Just now, Mike said:

Nah, you'd only duck and someone else would get it!

You've bought apples off my cart before, eh?!

I'm just going to say yes and back away smiling :unsure:

Hi guys, 

I don't know why but the photos on my B-2 spirit RFI thread don't want to show, what am I doing wrong? It's the dreaded photo bucket screen... 

I copied the DIRECT link from photo bucket into the Insert other media box. 

Let me know of any suggestions 

Cheers

On 20/04/2018 at 05:25, EthanGreen123 said:

Hi guys, 

I don't know why but the photos on my B-2 spirit RFI thread don't want to show, what am I doing wrong? It's the dreaded photo bucket screen... 

I copied the DIRECT link from photo bucket into the Insert other media box. 

Let me know of any suggestions 

Cheers

Use something other than photobucket

11 hours ago, Duckwizard said:

Do we see a picture?

Yes, looking good to me.