How do I post Pictures?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see your reflection too!😂 I think you've got the picture publishing sorted now! Its always awkward at first but the more you do it, the better you will be come! Nice couple of models there too!👍

• 4 months later...

Looks good. You can post larger photos here. Anything in the 600x800 range is good, but you can go as high as 1024 in at least one dimension without bring down the moderators.

Chris

2 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Looks good. You can post larger photos here. Anything in the 600x800 range is good, but you can go as high as 1024 in at least one dimension without bring down the moderators.

Chris

Thanks Chris :yes:

Let me just clarify a bit on what Chris said though. ;) As most of us are using screens of Full HD (1920px x 1080px) or nearby, we encourage people to keep the vertical to 800px, and the horizontal to 1024 or 1280px max, So that the forum software doesn't have to shrink the pic down to fit on the screen, which slows things down for everyone if there are enough massive pics being viewed at the same time.  Another important aspect is the file size.  More and more of us have fast internet these days, but anything over 200-250kb usually causes a noticeable delay in the pics showing up, so keep that in mind.  I can usually tell if people are loading big pics, and my download speed is a pretty decent 512Mbps, or around 64mb per second, so keeping your file sizes reasonable definitely matters, especially if you're posting LOTS of pics on your thread.  :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It worked, but it's only a thumbnail.

John.

Yes John. I was having problems finding a free hosting site I was happy with, before I got too tired and gave up for the night 😁 I used to use photobucket, but that works differently now.

1 hour ago, Nerazzurri said:

Yes John. I was having problems finding a free hosting site I was happy with, before I got too tired and gave up for the night 😁 I used to use photobucket, but that works differently now.

There are two photo hosting sites that you should avoid. One is Photobucket, because they tried to rip all of their customers off a couple of years ago, and they other is Village Photos, because it hasn't renewed it's security certificate, and is therefore unsafe.

I used to use both, but now I use Imgur and am very happy with it.

John.

47 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I use Imgur and am very happy with it.

I've had a look at that John, but it asked me to select content to follow and I couldn't bypass that phase. I've ended up on freeimagehost - it seems ok so far 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can I test here - please delete if needed.

AEJleRicetty4cUY9Ys8A0ZqMaSqmVQQwLm8zCgM

- - - - - - 

Post edit: - seems to have worked.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HiAdSFnpXnbAJZrP6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HiAdSFnpXnbAJZrP6

Anyone else using the Google Photos hosting, note it is a two stage operation - 1. host the photo and get the link, 2. get the link embedded ready for external linking (as partial quote below from 'Gorby' on 11th November 2019)

On Google Photos, open the photo you want to use and click the 'Share' icon.

Click 'Create Link' and then 'Copy'.

Go to https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/  paste the GP link into the first box and press 'Generate Code'.

After a couple of seconds it will show the new code – copy the contents of the the 'Direct Link (URL)' box.

You just need to paste that new code into your post.

If you use a lot of photos this may be too much of a hassle to have to do for every photo, but obviously, only you can decide if you want an easier option

Edited by Rob 1