How do I post Pictures?

Mike

11 minutes ago, LiamA said:

A bit unsure about this bit, if I choose 31days then download to this site will my image disappear from Brit after 31 days?

Short answer YES

What happens is you upload the image to Postimage. Then in Britmodeller you are creating a link from your post to the image held in c. No images are ever held on Britmodeller. 

So when the image is removed from Postimage after 31 days, then the link in your Britmodeller post will fail, and you won't see the image. I don't see why you would want to put a time limit on an image for Britmodeller if you have the option to leave it indefinitely.

Cheers

Colin

spacer.pngThanks Colin, I just wanted to clarify the matter which you have done many thanks. I'm 'steam-driven' but get there in the end!!!!! cheers Liam.

Edited by LiamA
re test

Test if this is visible.. 

[narrator's voice - it isn't] 

This is a straight url copy from OneDrive, my 'embed' option seems to be broken as it generates an error  - existing pics keep working though.

4 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Test if this is visible.. 

20210331_225435.jpg?psid=1

This is a straight url copy, my 'embed' option seems to be broken as it generates an error  - existing pics keep working though.

Sorry, but it doesn't show up. Just a broken link, I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Hi Geoff.

Have a read of this:

I use Village Photos. Free at the moment.

As long as you have less than 1000 images, Flickr is also free.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to post a picture as usual but the URL box turns red when I try to insert into the post - any ideas anyone. I've tried flikr and dropbox plus another host which worked earlier in the week but now nothing works. The links all look good.

10 hours ago, Scaleplanes said:

I'm trying to post a picture as usual but the URL box turns red when I try to insert into the post - any ideas anyone. I've tried flikr and dropbox plus another host which worked earlier in the week but now nothing works. The links all look good.

Post the Flickr link directly into the REPLY or TOPIC box, as if it were just some typing. Make sure to use the BBCode option.

Chris

Morning all. 

I'm new to the forum and am having trouble posting inages. They are held on Pinterest. 

When I copy and post the link, as below,  this is what is provided...

https://pin.it/nyiBx93

However, the image does not appear. 

I have also had the URN box turning red when I have tried that option, as per earlier posts. 

I have read through Mikes helpful guide to no avail so any help, pitched at numpty level, would be appreciated. 

Rob. 

Edited by Sheepbloke
Sausage hooves

What you need to do is get signed up with one of the many photo hosting sites (except Photobucket!!!) Flickr and the one that I use, Village Photos. You will then be able to upload photos with no problem. All you need to do is make sure that they are below the maximum size. I do mine approx. 900x700.

HTHs.

John.

• Like 1