How do I post Pictures?

Mike

20181014_110814

I can post this pic which is from my flickr account but after a certain time the option to copy url is not there. Seems to be all older pics are ok but then anything after July/August last year the option has gone. The odd thing being it has happened to pics I have already posted on this forum. Very strange and annoying, oh well. 

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

When i I copy and paste the code over from Flickr it’s only coming up as plain text on BM. I have my Flickr account set to public and can’t think what else it might be? I’m sure it’s something at that end. 

it does at first, but when you hit submit post, the image then appears. 

Try  a test post here. 

also, do not try to put the Flcikr link into the 'insert image from url'  box in the lower right,   just paste the ink into the main post area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm lets see now...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187446036@N03/shares/2bcH87

nope... second attempt:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187446036@N03/shares/u75s0i

nope... how about now?

IMG_0407

OK I think we're getting somewhere now...

Edited by Desk Flyer
Talking to myself
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, rich2010 said:

Hi Rich, I assume you are trying to use Google Photos. From personal experience it isn't a particularly good way to host photos. There is a document on alternative hosts here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am able to upload my images from my new Flickr account, but the image size is small and I don't seem able to resize this in Flickr.  The original image on my laptop are !mb plus, so it seems that Flickr is shrinking them down, like this:

spacer.png

Which is a bit small for the average getting on a bit Britmodeller.

Any ideas please?

sprues

Hooray got it to work!

Edited by Olmec Head

Testing larger image posted through  spacer.png
 spacer.png
 😄. Would be a wee stretch to think guys "over there" would
     consider crossing the pond to attend our 40th WarBird Rally. 
.....Bomber Field is just West of Houston, Texas. Thought to test
.....image posting with our event brochure. I like the new forum
format........................................................................................................

Edited by Flite-Metal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dogsbody,

This is my first time posting on Britmodeller so I'm still finding my feet. The picture appears for me, but I've found a different way of doing it now which you might be able to see.

It's my post about the Spitfire Ia in Ready for Inspection. There are two similar posts next to each other only one is mine.

Sorry I can't figure out how to insert a link to it yet. I'd be curious to see if you can see it.

Keith.

53 minutes ago, KeithR said:

Sorry I can't figure out how to insert a link to it yet.

either copy the address bar,  or in the top right of each post, next to 'report post' there is a < symbol,  if you hover the pointer is says 'share this post'  copy and paste that an it takes you to a specific post

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235008824-how-do-i-post-pictures/&do=findComment&comment=3734013

you can get it to display like this by then clicking  "display as link instead" 

Your photos in the RFI post are showing fine as well.