How do I post Pictures?

Mike

2 hours ago, John R said:

Thank you for the prompt reply. That's the one I was looking for. I must bookmark it. I had looked in FAQs - couldn't have gone back far enough.

No problem.

It was pinned at one point and then it got unpinned. Don't know why,

I Have been trying to post pictures,Started using Google but then the CTRLQ.org  wouldn't open? Then tried imgbox used the link but that didn't work I must have spent half a day on this. Frustrated 

9 hours ago, Jim Bates said:

I Have been trying to post pictures,Started using Google but then the CTRLQ.org  wouldn't open? Then tried imgbox used the link but that didn't work I must have spent half a day on this. Frustrated 

If you give us more details of how you are attempting to add photos, we may be able to point you in the right direction.

file that I wanted to upload Reduced the size to 880 points in Lightroom. Then opend Google images found file and created link all ok so far. Then tried  to open CTRLQ to post link but that wouldn't open? Even though I have used it in the past.

In Flicker find file do the share arrow copy link, Then go to post image from url but it goes pink but no post here is a link Well  in posting this link direct it worked I didnt know I could do that Thanks

_MG_3142

Is there a sure fire way I can use

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Bates said:

file that I wanted to upload Reduced the size to 880 points in Lightroom. Then opend Google images found file and created link all ok so far. Then tried  to open CTRLQ to post link but that wouldn't open? Even though I have used it in the past.

In Flicker find file do the share arrow copy link, Then go to post image from url but it goes pink but no post here is a link Well  in posting this link direct it worked I didnt know I could do that Thanks

Do not put the Flickr URL into "  post image from url ". Put it directly into your post. 

Chris

14 hours ago, Jim Bates said:

Your right, CTRLQ.org doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

As Chris says, when you have the URL link, just paste it directly into your post. To be honest, I have no idea what the 'Insert image from URL' button does. I remember that it confused me when I joined BM as well – I've never used it since, although I would quite like to know if it does have a use.

• Like 2

Back in the day I used photo bucket.  That is no longer a viable option because of their  "we want your $" policy.  Any suggestions on an EASY site or perhaps a way to just drag and drop pics from our own files?  Being computer challenged makes posting photos a nightmare.  Thanks for understanding

Les

Forget doing it from your own files. That's a no no. I use Village Photos and have done ever since Photoracket turned into Dick Turpin. In FAQ's there is "An idiot's guide to using Village Photos" which should help. 

John.

1 hour ago, Les Moore said:

Back in the day I used photo bucket.  That is no longer a viable option because of their  "we want your $" policy.  Any suggestions on an EASY site or perhaps a way to just drag and drop pics from our own files?  Being computer challenged makes posting photos a nightmare.  Thanks for understanding

Hi Les,

If you can get your head around Photobucket, you should be able to manage most of the other hosts. As John has said doing it directly from your own files isn't an option for several reasons. There is a document listing the main photo hosts and my advice is just to choose one and try it and if you have problems either ask for help here or try another one.

Village.Photos is easy to use, but make sure your images are a good size before you put them in V.P. It has no sizing option. 

I have V.P as a backup. A while back I was having trouble with Flickr not liking my Explorer. I have since switched it over to Chrome, but I've kept the V.P just in case.

Chris

@Mike , is it worth having a direct link to the photo host document at the beginning of this thread so that all the info a new member needs to post pictures is available in one place?

When I get time I'm thinking of adding links to the various photo host 'How to use' threads into the photo host document.

I just tried to use Village Photos, and all the bells went off  DANGER DANGER!!  So thats not happening.  In the meantime, I sit with many photos I would like to share, and no way to share them.

12 minutes ago, Les Moore said:

I just tried to use Village Photos, and all the bells went off  DANGER DANGER!!  So thats not happening.  In the meantime, I sit with many photos I would like to share, and no way to share them.

have a look here;

I've seen a lot about Village Photos not being secure, but I've not had any problems. I access VP via Internet Explorer with no trouble, but if I try it using Chrome, then yes, I get the same messages. It says that things such s credit card details are at risk, but seeing as it's a free site and no money ever changes hand, that's not an issue. The only thing that they have access to is my email address, but seeing as several scrotes on the internet also seem to have access to it, I'm not too worried.

John.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I've seen a lot about Village Photos not being secure, but I've not had any problems. I access VP via Internet Explorer with no trouble, but if I try it using Chrome, then yes, I get the same messages. It says that things such s credit card details are at risk, but seeing as it's a free site and no money ever changes hand, that's not an issue. The only thing that they have access to is my email address, but seeing as several scrotes on the internet also seem to have access to it, I'm not too worried.

John.

I just tried VP on Chrome and nothing! No warnings or alarms. It just went to VP and I logged in. No probs.

Chris

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I just tried it on Chrome again and got the red triangle with the headline "Your connection is not private".

John.

That's the browser trying to protect you. Either you used an URL that starts with "http:" (instead of "https") or the site does not support encrypted communications.

While BM supports secure communications, some other fora I frequent do not. I'm OK with that on a non-commercial site hosting public conversations. After all,  we're just a bunch of adults obsessing about plastic. Hm...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone 

A little help needed with Flickr please. 

When i I copy and paste the code over from Flickr it’s only coming up as plain text on BM. I have my Flickr account set to public and can’t think what else it might be? I’m sure it’s something at that end. 

Ive tried this from my desktop and I pad and the same with both. 

Does anyone have any ides please. 

Thanks

James

First off, are you using a PC or a cellphone? If it's a phone, then I can't help you. I can just manage to post images with my IPad if I have to, but normally I use my PC.

Chris

8 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

First off, are you using a PC or a cellphone? If it's a phone, then I can't help you. I can just manage to post images with my IPad if I have to, but normally I use my PC.

Chris

Hi Chris

Its from my pc. I’ve also tried it from my i pad too with the same result.

James

17 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Hi Chris

Its from my pc. I’ve also tried it from my i pad too with the same result.

James

Okay. When you go the Flickr pick the picture you want and click on it. It will open it so you only see that picture. Down on the lower right corner, below the picture, there are 4 icons. one is a right-pointing arrow. Click on that. This will open a small white window with a line of code in a bar. Above the code bar are 4 options. Click on the BBCode option. This is necessary because you can only use BBCode on the forum.

Now below the code bar is another bar. this is the size option. On the righthand side of this is a small black downward pointing arrow. Click on that to choose a size for posting. The maximum size for this forum is in the 1024x800 range. A better option is 800x600. 

Once the size is selected, left click on the larger code bar. It will then be highlighted in blue. Right click and copy.

Return to the forum and paste that into the reply/topic box and hit SAVE. 

That should do it.

Chris

• Like 1

James, I'm having the same trouble as you. 

I've posted pics on here many times using flickr, both through a tablet and a laptop. 

Dogsbody/Chris, thanks for your informative post (i have never used the choose a size option before) but that right pointing arrow you mention in your post above is not highlighted for me on a lot of my pics. Even for ones I have previously posted in my threads on here. 

When I scroll a bit lower in my pics then the arrow becomes active at about last June. Very odd.

Previously when posting via a laptop I would just copy and paste the url into my thread and the pic would then appear. God knows what's gone wrong. 

I have only just noticed it as I was about to start a thread for my latest build.

Is anyone else having trouble with flickr? Thanks in advance, Martin 

• Like 1