How do I post Pictures?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Flickr was easier to use when you could use the EMBED option, but alas, that is no longer useable on this forum. The BBCode isn't bad, it just takes a moment longer with a little more fiddling about.

Chris

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ooops sorry, was playing around and actually posted! 

Now how do I delete this? 🤔

You flag it up with a Report and ask a Mod (normally).  As I'm here, I'll get rid myself :)

Incidentally that pic looks a bit too gigantic for the forum.  Try to restrict yourself to 1280 wide with a maximum of 800 high.  It saves people scrolling ;)

Hi Mike

Brilliant, thank you 👍

I thought it looked a bit big, sorry about that 😥 I'm just starting to get back into things and having to try to remember how to post - but got the size a bit wrong!

Won't happen again sir, honest! 🤗

Jim 😃

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, SteveR said:

HobbyPhotoHost is as easy as,

1. Upload the image/photo

2. Click one button (use the 'Direct Link' button for this forum)

3 Paste in to this forum

looks good- i tried it out

a 3.4 mb JPG would not upload - even though it says max file size is 4MB

Edited by andmarsh

2 hours ago, andmarsh said:

looks good- i tried it out

a 3.4 mb JPG would not upload - even though it says max file size is 4MB

Hey @andmarsh

The file size limit was only increased a week or so ago, but should have worked! I'd like to get it working for you, can you do a quick support request on https://hobbyphotohost.com/support/index.php?a=add and upload the 3.4 mb JPG image there?.. and I'll get it sorted/fixed today!

Thanks

2 minutes ago, SteveR said:

Hey @andmarsh

The file size limit was only increased a week or so ago, but should have worked! I'd like to get it working for you, can you do a quick support request on https://hobbyphotohost.com/support/index.php?a=add and upload the 3.4 mb JPG image there?.. and I'll get it sorted/fixed today!

Thanks

thanks really appreciate that - although i just signed up for a new Flickr acct - which is working ok for me

42 minutes ago, andmarsh said:

thanks really appreciate that - although i just signed up for a new Flickr acct - which is working ok for me

@andmarsh No worries... Though I think I actually just fixed the problem. Even if you don't intend to use my site, could you try uploading the image again just so I know it's working again?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Flite-Metal said:

I see not upload capability other than linking to a url.

Correct - that's how it should be.  There are a LOT of reasons why we don't host the pics on our servers, on of which is cost.  IIRC, we discussed the reasons in a bit more depth either at the beginning of this thread, or somewhere else.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Correct - that's how it should be.  There are a LOT of reasons why we don't host the pics on our servers, on of which is cost.  IIRC, we discussed the reasons in a bit more depth either at the beginning of this thread, or somewhere else.

OK, I understand. It appears the majority of your subscribers are into plastics, not giant scale scratchis.
building. Here is a wee bit from my current project. A 1:8.7669 (158.7783) wingspan Boeing B-47E/WB.
Gives you a feel for what this is. 

spacer.png

..................spacer.png
This project is in three WattFlyer threads at the tune of 675k hits. Its actually two airframes with another one with
changes in components to permit one of them to be the B-47 with four cruise missiles...

spacer.png
The other two are (1) the 1000th B-47E:
spacer.png 
(2) A WB-47 radiation analysis used to measure Russian Nuke bomb testing sizes in Siberia.

spacer.png

Here's a pic of a test mill of the inboard nacelle:

spacer.png
spacer.png

All produced with CAD, CNC mills, and CNC hotwire.
..........................................................................spacer.png

..........................................spacer.png

..................spacer.png

Edited by Flite-Metal
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided how I would post images in support of any thread I start...echoing from the project's three threads in WattFlyer.com.

spacer.png
🤪.................size matters.............spacer.png

Edited by Flite-Metal
Image insertion

Mike, there was a post somewhere on BM about all the different photo hosting sites but now I can't find it (the old memory banks are not what they were). I seem to recall someone called Steve was the author and he hosted his own site. Can you tell me where it is please?

Also while you are on the line, so to speak, Has Photobucket gone belly-up? It won't respond and pictures do not display on BM

John

12 minutes ago, John R said:

Mike, there was a post somewhere on BM about all the different photo hosting sites but now I can't find it (the old memory banks are not what they were). I seem to recall someone called Steve was the author and he hosted his own site. Can you tell me where it is please?

Also while you are on the line, so to speak, Has Photobucket gone belly-up? It won't respond and pictures do not display on BM

John

Hi John. This is the document you need:

Photobucket is still going, but I would really not recommend it.

Gorby

• Like 2