How do I post Pictures?

Mike

I'm still seeing that flickering grey square.

insaneng, are you using a PC computer or a hand-held device like a phone or tablet?

Chris

Just trying a pic, have only done it via a tab before, now using a laptop and it seems a bit different on flickr

20190309_094424

Seems ok, the copy of the link has different characters

20181014_110018

Edited by Martin Ford
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Hi there

I would like to start posting pictures on BM but Flickr is not open to new users. What is the next best site for BM picture posting please?

Regards Toby

There are many out there, with varying degrees of ease/difficulty, google photos, Village Photos being just two. I use Village Photos, not to everyone's taste, but I like it. You will also find an "Idiot's Guide" to using Village Photos in FAQ's.

HTH's.

John.

I, too, have Village.Photos, as a backup to my Flickr account. It's easy to use and works well.

This is Flickr:

39502127211_12ce5b5ff3_b.jpg

This is Village.Photos:

22140c1b-e216-4d64-817c-28c8e93ba802.JPG

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I give up.... I'm going to have to find someone who can show me so I can visually see the 'simple' operation😳 then I might stand a chance,I'm using Flickr ...can't find 'direct link' I have no idea what a URL is and I'm even  struggling to upload pictures from my phone to Flickr 

38 minutes ago, The Crusty one said:

Well I give up.... I'm going to have to find someone who can show me so I can visually see the 'simple' operation😳 then I might stand a chance,I'm using Flickr ...can't find 'direct link' I have no idea what a URL is and I'm even  struggling to upload pictures from my phone to Flickr 

Crusty, are you using a PC, laptop or some handheld devise, like a phone or pad?

Chris

31 minutes ago, The Crusty one said:

,I'm using Flickr ...can't find 'direct link' I have no idea what a URL is and I'm even  struggling to upload pictures from my phone to Flickr 

Flickr.

at the bottom right of the screen with a single picture,  next to the image, there is a star, then right pointing arrow, then a down pointing arrow.

Hover mouse pointer (don't know about a phone, sorry) over the centre right pointing arrow, it should say "share  photo" 

click it, a box come up , with 4 options at the top.

you want the 4th option "share BB code"

there are two boxes, the top starts with [url=https://

this is the URL,  it just the 'address' of where the image is stored on the server. 

the box below gives size options,  I usually use 'large'  about 1000 x 600' ish,  

select size wanted,  the click the url box, it should go blue, copy [ctrl+c]  and the go the the BM page, and paste [ctrl + v] 

It won't immediately show the picture,  just a load of text,  but when you hit post it should the show the image. 

If this does not work I'll screenshot it,  but try the above on a computer, rather than a phone.

HTH?

T

• Like 1

hi Crusty One ,

I gave up too ,☹️

Why is'nt it as easy as postin' Pics in a Gmail message

not cheery modellin' mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G .3156

• Confused 1