How do I post Pictures?

Mike

1 hour ago, Mark Joyce said:

Thanks Chris,

Not sure how to resize it, but am giving it a try.  I use Imgur:

0ast5Wj.jpg?1

Perfect! I can see a lot more detail. I can even see the tread on the main wheels.

Chris

Reading through it seems I can't "insert other media" direct from my gallery or photo album on phone.......or can I ? I have used pH bucket and flkr in the past don't like em won't use em. So any other way?

22 minutes ago, Stevejj said:

Reading through it seems I can't "insert other media" direct from my gallery or photo album on phone.......or can I ?

Not as far as I know

22 minutes ago, Stevejj said:

I have used pH bucket and flkr in the past don't like em won't use em. So any other way?

An online photo host you like?  There are others.

They need to be online somewhere ,  even if you post them on Facebook, and then copy in the photo URL will work,  or if you have some webspace with your provider.

I have used both photobucket (who now don't block photos, so just leaving the account alone was a good idea) and now Flickr, which I find easy enough. 

Postimage are easy too.

HTH

I still have my free Photobucket account but don't use it. I do have a Village.Photo account that I used for a few weeks until I got my Flickr account onto GOOGLE Chrome. I like Flickr the best, but Village.Photo is okay, too. There are lots of other places that will host photos, too. You just have to look around.

But you absolutely do need a hosting site in order to post pictures here, on Britmodeller.

Chris

18 hours ago, Stevejj said:

Reading through it seems I can't "insert other media" direct from my gallery or photo album on phone.......or can I ? I have used pH bucket and flkr in the past don't like em won't use em. So any other way?

Hi Steve,

I use Google Photos - So far no issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank You, Mike.

It's only taken me about 3 years!

The secret of my success? 

I got my son to explain it! He realized that the pics stored in Flickr have to have their little padlocks unlocked to enable them to be whisked through the electricals to my post.

It's sorta like watching the crew of Enterprise teleport. Always wondered how they did that (Should've asked my son!)

Do you think it's a little large (assuming your in the 'size matters' camp?)

Tom

That's the perfect size, Tom. As long as it's at least 600x800 pixel size, it will look good here. I should ask if you are using a PC or  hand-held devise, like a phone or a tablet. I mostly use my PC but I have used my IPad a few times, just so I know how. I had to figure it out 3 years ago, during the wildfires and our whole city had to be evacuated for a month.

Chris

t0YAlnKDgfcPayYSACoCZyodH3-ntqP4RsQJId5n

when I open your link, i just copy the link but is doesn't give anything with JPG or the like, when I first click on the pic, and rightmouse -> copy link it works...

Edited by Silenoz

I click the link, and see the picture, but when I do rightclick and copy picture link that doesn't work. When I first click the picture and it opens full screen, then I can copy the link in aforementioned way...