How do I post Pictures?

Mike

Ok. this is still not working. I have gone to my photo in Flickr and chosen the size with downward pointing arrow but I don't have a left and right click (Apple) and so I have done a ctrl click on the download on the desk top. Pasted and then nothing. I tried copying with the sideways pointing arrow and pasted and hey presto I got the web address!  I think I am officially a nincompoop Vinnie. 

I presume it is something to do with my Mac computer? 

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Are you using a PC or some handheld devise? I can do both but the handheld devise is more awkward.

Chris

Hi Chris, I have an iMac, iPad and an iPhone.  

Other than my PC, I have used my iPad. 

Pick your picture on Flickr and touch it. It will open on a separate page. Touch the arrow at the bottom right. A small window will open above the arrow. Touch the “ save URL “ option. Go back to the forum.

In the reply box, type in your text, then on the lower right, you’ll see a small black rectangle that says “ insert other media “. Touch that and in the window that opens, choose “ insert image from URL. Inthe widow that opens at the top of the page, touch the empty bar. One of the options that appears is PASTE. Touch that and add the URL into it. Then touch the “ insert into post “.

Now go back to the reply box and touch below your text and paste the URL.

Hit the return a couple time and your image should appear. Then just hit the “ Submit Reply “.

I know it seems like a lot of steps but once you get used to it, it’s quite easy. 

I hopethis helps you. 

Bear

Chris

14 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Hi Chris, I have an iMac, iPad and an iPhone.  

Sorry mate. I've never got along with anything that starts with an 'i' and won't use them. I  know we have a few Apple gurus on the forum so I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise.

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Sorry mate. I've never got along with anything that starts with an 'i' and won't use them. I  know we have a few Apple gurus on the forum so I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise.

I don't normally use anything but my old PC, but back in '16, when the whole city was evacuated due to the wildfire, I didn't have anything else but my IPad. So I learned to use that, with the help of my daughters.

Chris

1 hour ago, SafetyDad said:

I posted a picture a few days ago from Flikr and now it won't let me!

How frustrating is this!!

SD

I am tempted to say lucky you as of yet I haven’t been able to post anything.  I am still faffing about clicking and copying for all I am worth!  

• Like 1

Read some of the great suggestions on this photo posting subject. None of my photos have URL's that I know of ? They are jpegs in my iMac Photo software. I understand why accepting attachments is a server issue. But this all looks waay to complicated for someone who loves the speed of attachments. Too bad I can't see the solution easily as I'd rather build than go to school on something that's simple in every other forum I'm on. Boo Hoo..;) What are: Existing Attachments? Maybe I missed reading all the comments ad suggestions that might have explained the work around to ' URL photos, but life calls.  Waaaa!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Mark Joyce said:

Giving this a shot...

DrN17Oll.jpg?1

That worked. Your image is 640x417 pixel size. If you can get it up to around 600x800 pixel size, it will be easier to see finer details, especially for an old geezer like my with failing eyesight.

Chris