How do I post Pictures?

Mike

Ok, Andy, now that you've downloaded Flickr you can upload your photos by clicking on the black arrow at the top of the page to the right. This will ask you to drag and drop your photos onto the page from your pc. I believe you have to leave the settings as public. Follow the instructions to upload. This will put the pictures in your photostream. 

Now, left click on your chosen photo, it will appear in another window. Left click on the downward pointing arrow at the bottom right of the screen. Select view all sizes. Another window will appear. Choose your size, (one of the mediums does me). Right click in the image and select 'copy image address' Now go to BM and paste onto the forum page. 

Others have variations but this works for me. Let us know how you get on.

16 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

Ok so this is slightly off-topic 😉 but do photos from a scale modelling show go in a thread under 'Shows' or as a thread under 'Gallery' in Photography?

Cheers,

Dermot

It's VERY off topic.  So much so that I'm going to be forced to use the :offtopic: emoji that has a disapproving and reproachful face.  Stick 'em in shows, but check to see if there's a thread on the subject first :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Vinnie said:

Ok, Andy, now that you've downloaded Flickr you can upload your photos by clicking on the black arrow at the top of the page to the right. This will ask you to drag and drop your photos onto the page from your pc. I believe you have to leave the settings as public. Follow the instructions to upload. This will put the pictures in your photostream. 

Now, left click on your chosen photo, it will appear in another window. Left click on the downward pointing arrow at the bottom right of the screen. Select view all sizes. Another window will appear. Choose your size, (one of the mediums does me). Right click in the image and select 'copy image address' Now go to BM and paste onto the forum page. 

Others have variations but this works for me. Let us know how you get on.

Hi Vinnie ,i have followed your instructions and all goes fine until I "Right click in the image and select 'copy image address".I right click and the only options I get are....

ask cortana about this picture,

save picture as

share picture

select all

copy

I cant see 'copy image address',any ideas where am going wrong.

Thanks

Neil

Edited by fatalbert

Sorry,I reread what I wrote,I right click to get the option to copy image address and I get

1 hour ago, fatalbert said:

ask cortana about this picture,

save picture as

share picture

select all

copy

I don't get the option to copy image address.

4 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

Nope,right click and I get the above options,left click does nothing.

You need to left click on 'copy image address' then go back to BM, position your cursor, right click then left click on 'paste'44665488442_721e750f1a_z.jpg

I got confused then. Had to do it to make sure. 

7 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

Sorry,I reread what I wrote,I right click to get the option to copy image address and I get

I don't get the option to copy image address.

Are you right clicking in the body of the image on the 'select size' page?

Just testing again, using my iPad for first time. Using Flickr and accessing my photostream for my photos. As previously  described  Left click on the downward pointing arrow at the bottom right of the screen. Select view all sizes. Another window will appear. Choose your size. To r click on photo to get URL I found equivalent action with iPad is clicking on the star on the toolbar in the upper right  corner and copying URL from there. 

I get this when pasting URL. IT WORKED!

32803477711_342d97629a_z_d.jpg

NOT SURE HO

Edited by Clogged
Typo errors and extra info reqd

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Cloudman1961 said:

At the risk of seeming terminally stupid. Is it possible to upload photos from the hard drive on my laptop?

it is, but not to view here!

they need to be  uploaded to  an online server somewhere....   then add the link to their URL to display here. 

1 hour ago, Cloudman1961 said:

At the risk of seeming terminally stupid. Is it possible to upload photos from the hard drive on my laptop?

As Troy said, you need to use a hosting site such as Flickr. A number of other websites are available. There are numerous posts on this thread that explain how to do this. Regrettably, more and more of these require subscriptions.