How do I post Pictures?

Mike

2 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

After the move of all of us from photobucket earlier this year, I went to FLICKR. Seems to be fairly straight forward for both uploading pictures to my account (FREE) and then posting pictures onto a thread. When you are editing, you copy & paste the text (example below), but when you you hit "save" the post appears with picture. When selecting the picture to post, it offers me a drop down choice of "size" from thumbnail thru to Large or original. I tend to go with Medium 640 x 480 which seems reasonable for this site. When the picture subsequently appears in the post, there is a bit of FLICKR text after the picture - I tend to delete my name (i.e. the text that appears outside the Square brackets)  below is the line of text that should appear in your ost as you edit - clearly I changed "URL" to read "You Are Elle" so as text to appear here rather than a picture for this post

["You Are Elle" =https://flic.kr/p/JFN9mf] etc, etc..........[/url]IMG_3160 by My Name, on Flickr

the picture appears like this (when "URL" is used:) When in Edit mode, just place cursor at end of text "on Flickr" , hit return, and you can type to you hearts content...   If anyone clicks on the image - it takes you to my Flickr account - or those pictures I choose to make public

28017330838_38685b6f7e_z.jpgIMG_3160 by My Name, on Flickr

my current build for the Carrier GB - clearly I need to get a move on to finish it for the deadline!!!

Yes i also have a Flickr account!
When i am in edit mode on this forum, i paste link, and within a second the link turns into a photo and you cant revert and its hard to delete the photo once placed.
Ive just realized... when i paste the photo link i copy and paste the link at the top of the browser (https://www.flickr.com/photos/1548888....... Etc etc). While it seems you are pressing "edit" and copying the URL link and hence you have the size settings. I never tried it this way.
Also i never had problems with the "Flickr text" like you and others do....

Ok i just tried the new way. Share photo->BBcode->size->copy->paste:
42282409042_c0c161fe5a_m.jpgIMGP0029 by Ad Gam, on Flickr

42282409042_c0c161fe5a_m.jpgIMGP0029 by  (TRIED DELETING)

42282409042_c0c161fe5a_m.jpg

Edited by AdriaN (MLT)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, that looks OK.

So, what you can do is sign up to "Postimage", then upoad your photos, click to see one of your images, click on the "share" icon on the upper left corner, select "Hotlink for forums" annnddd you're done!

6 hours ago, AdriaN (MLT) said:

After i post my images... then go back to "edit" to edit my mistakes, the pictures which were once links, become pictures!
Is there any way these links become links again, not pictures??

I may not completely understand you situation. But usually the conditions you describe are what we want to happen. (i.e. links become pictures, any "editing" of the text could still be performed or the pictures deleted until you "send/submit" the reply. Even then after you sent and are reading your reply on the forum there is still and "edit" button on the lower left of your post screen. That will "re-open" your post and let you make changes as you need.   hope this helps

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, Prop Duster said:

I may not completely understand you situation. But usually the conditions you describe are what we want to happen. (i.e. links become pictures, any "editing" of the text could still be performed or the pictures deleted until you "send/submit" the reply. Even then after you sent and are reading your reply on the forum there is still and "edit" button on the lower left of your post screen. That will "re-open" your post and let you make changes as you need.   hope this helps

After I send my post.. those picture links (addresses) become pictures. That's great. Nothing wrong.
What I meant was...if I go back and edit the post... these pictures don't show up as links anymore, but you get the actual picture. Which makes it harder to make changes if you have a lot of pictures. I remember years ago if you made a change youd see picture links on the edit mode.

5 hours ago, andmarsh said:

could someone please help this newbie insert a couple of pictures- I uploaded to Google photos, grabbed the URL and pasted it in on the forum

I just get the link though?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nvu6u9hfpWdNgqLn9

many thanks

Andy

Hi, Andy. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the way Google photos work, but I can talk you through the Flickr method. It is free and relatively easy. Let me know, initially with a pm.

20 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hi, Andy. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the way Google photos work, but I can talk you through the Flickr method. It is free and relatively easy. Let me know, initially with a pm.

thanks,  PM sent...