How do I post Pictures?

Mike

42 minutes ago, IGKent said:

how to edit them in the working window?

Once you've posted a pic you can't edit it sadly.  You'll have to remove the link and then repost with the correct URL :)

I've just discovered (quite by accident, by the way) you can bypass part of the procedure by simply pasting the link into the field instead of going to "Insert other media".  (I was getting nowhere with that).

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2018 at 15:28, Uncle Pete said:

I've just discovered (quite by accident, by the way) you can bypass part of the procedure by simply pasting the link into the field instead of going to "Insert other media".  (I was getting nowhere with that).

Psssst! :ninja: Don't want to burst your balloon, but that was mentioned in the first post!  :cwl:

On 15/09/2016 at 09:53, Mike said:

Ok - assuming you already have your photos hosted online somewhere, you just copy the DIRECT link from wherever it is (Photobucket, Flickr, you name it), and you paste it into your posting window. 

5 minutes ago, boom.boom said:

Ok, that was easy, but... Is there any option to reduce size of image during the process of uploading to the forum? :hmmm:

There's not really much benefit to that as you're still burning through the bandwidth of a larger photo when a smaller one would do (saving any possible limited bandwidth with your photo-host, as well as it taking longer to download the large photo when a small one would be quicker.  This is important to people with lower quality connections, or who are connecting via cellular data.

In-house we use a maximum of 1280 x 850, which will fit most people's 1080p desktop machines, and leaves us with a filesize that's not too large.

However, the forum has a back-stop that reduces photos over a certain size so they don't go off the edge of your screen, but out of respect to your fellow members who may be viewing your pics via metered bandwidth (mobile/cellular data allowances mainly), it's good practice to post pics that are the correct size anyway. :angel:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's not really much benefit to that as you're still burning through the bandwidth of a larger photo when a smaller one would do (saving any possible limited bandwidth with your photo-host, as well as it taking longer to download the large photo when a small one would be quicker.  This is important to people with lower quality connections, or who are connecting via cellular data.

In-house we use a maximum of 1280 x 850, which will fit most people's 1080p desktop machines, and leaves us with a filesize that's not too large.

However, the forum has a back-stop that reduces photos over a certain size so they don't go off the edge of your screen, but out of respect to your fellow members who may be viewing your pics via metered bandwidth (mobile/cellular data allowances mainly), it's good practice to post pics that are the correct size anyway. :angel:

:worthy:

Hi guys, 

I don't know why but the photos on my B-2 spirit RFI thread don't want to show, what am I doing wrong? It's the dreaded photo bucket screen... 

I copied the DIRECT link from photo bucket into the Insert other media box. 

Let me know of any suggestions 

Cheers

On 20/04/2018 at 05:25, EthanGreen123 said:

Hi guys, 

I don't know why but the photos on my B-2 spirit RFI thread don't want to show, what am I doing wrong? It's the dreaded photo bucket screen... 

I copied the DIRECT link from photo bucket into the Insert other media box. 

Let me know of any suggestions 

Cheers

Use something other than photobucket

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POST PICTURES AS A LINK ONLY, BUT WHEN PUBLISHED, A PICTURE SHOWS UP?
I remember a few years ago when posting from photobucket only a link showed up. then when published it shows the photo.
Its really annoying that pictures fill up my screen when i'm writing a thread and if i dont press space after posting, i will not be able to post under it..
It used to be easier and concised when posting links and writing under the photo link.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, AdriaN (MLT) said:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POST PICTURES AS A LINK ONLY, BUT WHEN PUBLISHED, A PICTURE SHOWS UP?
I remember a few years ago when posting from photobucket only a link showed up. then when published it shows the photo.
Its really annoying that pictures fill up my screen when i'm writing a thread and if i dont press space after posting, i will not be able to post under it..
It used to be easier and concised when posting links and writing under the photo link.

After the move of all of us from photobucket earlier this year, I went to FLICKR. Seems to be fairly straight forward for both uploading pictures to my account (FREE) and then posting pictures onto a thread. When you are editing, you copy & paste the text (example below), but when you you hit "save" the post appears with picture. When selecting the picture to post, it offers me a drop down choice of "size" from thumbnail thru to Large or original. I tend to go with Medium 640 x 480 which seems reasonable for this site. When the picture subsequently appears in the post, there is a bit of FLICKR text after the picture - I tend to delete my name (i.e. the text that appears outside the Square brackets)  below is the line of text that should appear in your ost as you edit - clearly I changed "URL" to read "You Are Elle" so as text to appear here rather than a picture for this post

["You Are Elle" =https://flic.kr/p/JFN9mf] etc, etc..........[/url]IMG_3160 by My Name, on Flickr

the picture appears like this (when "URL" is used:) When in Edit mode, just place cursor at end of text "on Flickr" , hit return, and you can type to you hearts content...   If anyone clicks on the image - it takes you to my Flickr account - or those pictures I choose to make public

28017330838_38685b6f7e_z.jpgIMG_3160 by My Name, on Flickr

my current build for the Carrier GB - clearly I need to get a move on to finish it for the deadline!!!

• Like 1