How do I post Pictures?

Mike

as an aside to posting images, but on a similar-ish subject, I just tried one of the photobucket link fixer extensions for chrome from the google app store and it seems to be working just fine for viewing older posts on here.

5 minutes ago, fsssh said:

as an aside to posting images, but on a similar-ish subject, I just tried one of the photobucket link fixer extensions for chrome from the google app store and it seems to be working just fine for viewing older posts on here.

Same here, which is nice, but going forward I still wouldn't use 'em :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 21:32, Vinnie said:

I use Flickr and my method is to upload the photos, allow public viewing, then left click on each photo. Bottom right of the screen is a downward facing arrow. Click on 'view all sizes' then choose the size that suits you. Right-click on the image then select 'Copy image'. Go back to your thread, right click, then paste. Try that. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks so much for this method. I've been trying for ages to post pictures. Works a treat !

39683395292_65e3cf9214_c.jpg

RESULT !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After about half a year without any problems with Flickr today I cannot go to public mode, thus I am unable to post a new model on RFI. Anybody knows how to remove this problem? Any suggestion? 

Regards

J-W

@JWM Seems that it's Flickr's issue, so why not have a go at them and maybe check their user forums if they have one.  You're more likely to get assistance there, as nothing has changed here, so it's either them or your device may need a reboot.  I'd try a reboot if you haven't already.  That can sometimes clear weird issues :)

Thank you Mike, I reboot, moreover I tried on other computer and it works the same - I mean it does not work in the same way. Something happend with my Flickr accout I think. Apparently only with mine one...

Regards

J-W

On Flickr forum thre is planty of such people like me - it looks that suddetly Chrome browser did not work properly with Flickr/

I will try other browser. Will see

Regards

J-W

I’ve come across a problem which has surfaced in the last week or so and that’s posting pictures from the internet using an iPhone. Using Safari or Google I could copy a link and embed it in a post. That’s not happening anymore. The linky button has changed its options and copying the link isn’t one of them. When I do find a link which is for ‘share’ it just embeds like this

https://goo.gl/images/xrPeFE

Sure, you can click on the link and see the picture but it’s annoying just the same.

Any tips?

Trevor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have problem with posting picture from imgbox. This link doasn't appear like a photo should be.... this is direct link. But when I choose Insert other media...insert image from url..... it dosn't appear.

KqJfJf9A

Any suggestions?

That's because it doesn't end in .jpg or .png.  The server at their end must use the code to serve up the pic from there on the fly, so you don't see the actual image name.  You need to look at their help & support pages to see how you post pics in forums such as Invision :)

@zegeye this page here is about as far as I can get. Their own Help link doesn't work on my machine, so I had to get there another way :drunk:Link.

Yes, I use the ''full size'' option.  But when I try to put the code link it doasn't appear here in a BM post window when I use ''Insert other media''. Its alittle wired becouse I have not problems in other forums with that.  Can you please show me how the code should looks like?

OK it seems that I mannage this problem by using ''insert link'' function not by insert other media...   strange, but if works....

Edited by zegeye

The other forums that you use - do they also use Invision forum software?  For security purposes, Invision software doesn't let you link to dynamic links, which are created using the code you supply, as this is a bit on the insecure side.  I would try getting help from the other users of that host, and maybe contact them by email for guidance?  other than that, you could perhaps consider using a host that works with Invision's software :)

Hi, Mike!

I didn't understand how to post some pictures on the forum? And how to edit them in the working window?

Cheers!

Igor

Edited by IGKent