How do I post Pictures?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Finding photobucket a pain ,i don't post photos much so when i try after a few months someone has changed how to use it .

Tried signing up for flickr ,i seem to be going round in circles ,won't accept my email address .

Anyone know any other sites i can use?.

• Like 2

Cocky I feel your pain! Some kind of 1st world crisis for us.

I took the liberty of looking at your profile - I think it's an age thing !! Know right well my daughters could do it eyes closed.

I'm 1953 by way of consolation, with a touch screen phone- I ordered a book off Amazon once, and ended up getting THREE of them..

Hey,whaddaya gonna do....?

We're going to keep trying, ...

Sorry I got no recommendations for you, just moral support! 

I can do it ,it is just that how to do it changes every time and it takes for ages .

I am 57 .I think the interweb is the greatest thing in the entire history of the world .

You might not remember Fireball XL5 ,made by the same guy who did stingray and thunderbirds.

Anyway because of youtube i could hear again it's theme song ,might sound silly .

Yes it can be a bit stressful at times .Recently upgraded to BT infinity and started having problems with losing connection .

I Googled and found it might be Avast antivirus that was was causing the problem ,i uninstalled that and installed AVG free antivirus instead .

It might be a coincidence but it hasn't happened since .The interweb would be a lot better if there were not so many scammers and idiots on it .

I am still waiting for my share of a million pounds i was promised for lending a guy £5000 :D:D.

I once got a scam email from someone pretending to be from the FBI ,it was a few months after our holiday in America ,i thought what have i done  now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello chap - that depends on the sentence in the address bar.  To me, the address bar means the top bit of your browser where you'd enter a URL for a website you wanted to visit.  When you're looking at your PB page choose Share, and you should be able to copy either "Direct" or "IMG" from the options on the right.  You can choose either, as they both end up with the same result :)

DIRECT

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/mikeiw/Test/3949106162_1efb8ba86e_o.jpg

Becomes:

3949106162_1efb8ba86e_o.jpg

IMG

[URL=http://s63.photobucket.com/user/mikeiw/media/Test/3949106162_1efb8ba86e_o.jpg.html][IMG=http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/mikeiw/Test/3949106162_1efb8ba86e_o.jpg][/URL]

Becomes:

3949106162_1efb8ba86e_o.jpg

Sky fan you're like me, trying too hard. Make sure the photos are unlocked for public viewing. Then do.nt bother with insert other.... paste it straight into the window. Touchscreen phone just hold on the cursor till it says" paste", and tap. Computers probably right click mouse or something.

Don't give up, once you get it, you'll wonder what your problem was!!

( Notwithstanding what the admin.advise, mike etc. who actually know what they're talking about) 

On 22/01/2017 at 01:10, cocky05d said:

Finding photobucket a pain ,i don't post photos much so when i try after a few months someone has changed how to use it .

Tried signing up for flickr ,i seem to be going round in circles ,won't accept my email address .

Anyone know any other sites i can use?.

Hi, I use village.photos....................it works........................

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CasualModel98 said:

Can't seem to post pixs from Google pictures. Is this not allowed? I copied the link from sharing and pasted it into the box but the box turned pink.

Have you marked them for Public view?

I'm not familiar with Google pics, but that was a tripping point for me on flickr.

The default is Private and pics need unlocking into Public gallery. So I'm thinking it's the same for your pictures?

Just a long shot - I'm new to this stuff, and on a steep learning curve myself.

Hello,
I am ashamed to say, but I did not understand the method to post images and photographs of my models.
I need to open an account at Photobucket?
Then take the address of the image in the search bar?
And then after ?
Sorry
PS I am also 57 ...
Marc

Don't despair Phos, you'll get it in the end!

Yes you need your pictures" on a cloud" somewhere like photobucket, flickr, village.photos- turns out there's dozens of em!

I found flickr more useable with less pop-up junk, but there's a lot of people use photobucket.

When you upload, the pictures are " private" by default. You need to unlock them in to "public" or britmodeller site can't see them.

Then you copy the link, go to your post and paste it in.

I am on touchscreen phone, so that means I touch and hold the cursor till it says paste, and I tap it.

If you have a mouse you might be right clicking or something. . .

I'm older'n you! Took me a good while - you'll get it. You'll look back and realise it a doddle!😂

IMG_20170247_121128

Just remember that public thing - that was one of the hurdles that caught me out👍

• Like 1

My dear Rob
After being mercilessly refused by Flickr, I succeeded with Serving.com.
I think I have succeeded and above all have understood "the meaning of life" (Sacred Monthy Python ..).
A big thank you for encouraging me .. May strength be with you!
Marc

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 19:20, ABeck said:

You are pasting in the wrong information from phototbucket, on the right side of your image you need to copy what is in the "Share This Photo" then Direct box;

ie

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/ABeck_2006/DSC_0029.jpg

then if you paste that url in you get;

DSC_0029.jpg