1/72 - Curtiss P-36/H-75 Hawk by AZmodel - released

Homebee

AZmodel is to release a new tool 1/72nd Curtiss P-36 Hawk kit - ref.

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931186-azmodellegatoadmiral-wwii-aircraft-comments-questions-and-wishes/?p=2480480

On 14/09/2016 at 08:43, Jan Polc said:

Hi to all,

(...) And, in the end - Curtiss P-36 got the priority No. 1 and is on the go...... 🙂

Have a nice day.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks for the update on these Homebee, I wondered what had happened to the P-36 / H-75, I have mine on advance order with the big H already, kind regards Colin.

Edited by Colin1967
Bad grammar

16 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi all.

Am I th only one how have a deja vú feeling with the ol' Monogram P-36A?

Cheers,

AaCee

Good afternoon AaCee26

In that case it will be a VERY updated one  ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

I'm very happy about this. 

Time to dance. 

:penguin::penguin: and bounce :bounce: and stomp :elephant: because we're getting a new Mohawk kit!!!!

:partytime:

:clap2:

I've been bending poor Jan's ear about a Mohawk IV. Apparently one is in the pipeline. There are some nice schemes planned for this Mohawk III; a couple of British, some good Battle of France (including Polish and Czech pilots)...allsorts.

I should be on commission for AZ :o!

I'm not you know :hmmm: 

I'd better rethink my approach to this:

https://youtu.be/NpYEJx7PkWE

Only joking :fool:.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

On 4.7.2017 at 3:20 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon AaCee26

In that case it will be a VERY updated one  ..

Best regards

Patrice

Good evening Patrice,

I agree with you. Just after comparing these pictures with the Monogram kit there are features looking the same like cowling front/upper part, cooling gills, wing root slightly raised fairing and different like surface detailing, tubing cover below wing center and plenty of other details.

Hopefully key issues has been corrected (thin tail surfaces, fuselage width).

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, AaCee26 said:

Good evening Patrice,

I agree with you. Just after comparing these pictures with the Monogram kit there are features looking the same like cowling front/upper part, cooling gills, wing root slightly raised fairing and different like surface detailing, tubing cover below wing center and plenty of other details.

Hopefully key issues has been corrected (thin tail surfaces, fuselage width).

Cheers,

AaCee

You still may count on AZ " research team" to make it worse ! They couldn't even make a good copy of Fine Molds Bf 109 series ( except maybe for the AS and G-10 versions).

Just hope I am wrong !

Madcop

3 hours ago, madcop said:

You still may count on AZ " research team" to make it worse ! They couldn't even make a good copy of Fine Molds Bf 109 series ( except maybe for the AS and G-10 versions).

Just hope I am wrong !

Madcop

Good afternoon Madcop

I REALLY hope they are not going to release a bad kit because I have been waiting for years for a good P36/H75 in 1/72 and I think that I am not the only one in that case ..

With all the differents boxings to be released they are going to make a lot of money if the kits are good ..

Just as a reminder here is the Monogramm P36

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scott/preww2/p36preview.htm

Best regards

Patrice  

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

The fact that they are both supposed to look like a P-36 might account for the similarity. I still have several of the Monogram kits. The parts breakdown is different. Can't tell if the fuselage is a bit wider, but the canopy view suggests it might be. It is a shame about the noses of the otherwise rather good AZ Bf-109's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon Jay

According to Jan Polc http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&page=27

the H75 / P 36 should be available in mid september ..

I am already saving some money to get a few boxes of this new kit ..

Patrice

• 3 weeks later...

Curtiss H-75 will be released in September, for the first time in sale on Pilsenkit show in Pilsen, 2nd September.  Later in the usual distribution network.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/kpaz-na-pilsenkitu-2017/

title-cz-1500x1043.jpg

camo-cz-1500x1037.jpg

title-fin-1500x1046.jpg

camo-fin-1500x1042.jpg

DSC09568.jpg

DSC09567-1500x955.jpg

DSC09566.jpg

DSC09565-1500x989.jpg

DSC09564-1500x1022.jpg

DSC09563-1500x1031.jpg

DSC09562-1500x1162.jpg

DSC09561-1500x1073.jpg

break-white.jpg?i=1360699645

p-36-1-1500x1007.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 9

On 02/09/2017 at 17:16, Colin1967 said:

I am looking forward to these kits being released soon and will be buying the Finish and French offerings.

Good afternoon

I am also looking forward to these kits being released very soon as I plan to buy at least one box of each (except for the finish one , sorry Colin  ..) ..

Patrice  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

I am also looking forward to these kits being released very soon as I plan to buy at least one box of each (except for the finish one , sorry Colin  ..) ..

Patrice  

Good afternoon Patrice,

No problem at all, and I would like to see your completed kit in French colors on here as I would be interested to see how the camouflage turns out for you - The part that scares me as I am no good at producing camouflage with a brush.

Is the old Heller kit of the Curtiss Hawk 75 a good kit to have in the stash as well ?

Best regards Colin. 

On 7/4/2017 at 2:03 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

I'm very happy about this. 

Time to dance. 

:penguin::penguin: and bounce :bounce: and stomp :elephant: because we're getting a new Mohawk kit!!!!

:partytime:

:clap2:

I've been bending poor Jan's ear about a Mohawk IV. Apparently one is in the pipeline. There are some nice schemes planned for this Mohawk III; a couple of British, some good Battle of France (including Polish and Czech pilots)...allsorts.

I should be on commission for AZ :o!

I'm not you know :hmmm: 

I'd better rethink my approach to this:

https://youtu.be/NpYEJx7PkWE

Only joking :fool:.

Best regards

TonyT

Very glad to hear there will a Mohawk IV in due course.  I'd rather like  Porky Jefferies 155 squadron aircraft or one from 3 sqn SAAF (or, probably, both).

• Like 2