1/72 - Northrop-Grumman B-2A Spirit by Modelcollect - released - new boxing with AGM-158 JASSM

Homebee

Wow if their shipment is inbound I hope those of us who pre-ordered the kits have had them mailed at the start of the week!!!! I will be some pi$$ed if the kits go on sale and mine is not in my hands!!!!

I have had no contact from MC about pre-order shipping?????????

45 minutes ago, Flyboy72nd said:

Wow if their shipment is inbound I hope those of us who pre-ordered the kits have had them mailed at the start of the week!!!! I will be some pi$$ed if the kits go on sale and mine is not in my hands!!!!

I have had no contact from MC about pre-order shipping?????????

Neither have I!

Well I thought this confusion deserved some typing!!! So I e-mailed MC and asked if stores were getting their kits soon, also mentioned it was not good form to send retailers their kits but forget the folks who coughed up cash to help them!

This is the reply;"it will be ready in next month,best regards"  ????

So I replied asking if stores were getting their kits? Don't have much hope of a reply based on previous comms with them......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fregat said:

Just got email from Modelcollect about my pre-order: "...B-2A is ready for shipment, please confirm your address for delivery".

Finally...?!

Just out of curiosity were you part of the first batch of pre-orders or the second? I only ask because as of this typing I have heard nothing, from 2nd order batch.

Good to see they are taking care of their loyal customers!?!!

3 hours ago, Flyboy72nd said:

Just out of curiosity were you part of the first batch of pre-orders or the second? I only ask because as of this typing I have heard nothing, from 2nd order batch.

I pre-ordered mine in which I believe was the first batch (29.Sep 2016) and still haven't received an email. 

9 hours ago, Flyboy72nd said:

First batch, 15th Sept

On 17/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, fregat said:

Just got email from Modelcollect about my pre-order: "...B-2A is ready for shipment, please confirm your address for delivery".

Finally...?!

Now received my email this afternoon, so must be sending them in small batches.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have my sticky mitts on the kit which has come to me in Dubai, direct from Hobbyeasy. It’s decent. Some really quick observersations;

• Good packaging with the internal foam protecting the wings and fuselage parts.
  • The wing parts are really thick and substantial; can’t see them warping over time. 
  • Panel lines may be a bit heavy for some, especially as this is a stealthy aircraft.
  • Airelons/speed brakes are posable but basic.
  • The cockpit detail does not compare with the previously posted renders; it’s decent, the seats more than adequate unless you decide to up the upper access hatches; the etched instrument panel, which may not be seen once everything is closed up, is really well done and I particularly like the fact that the screens are in switched off mode.
  • Need to check again, but I don’t think the wheels are weighted.
  • I’m not sure of the accuracy of the bomb bays and rotary launchers, but they are well done. 
  • I’ve read elsewhere that the Mk.84 bombs are really poor. I don’t think they are poor Mk.84s, but they are average B.61s or B.83s...
  • Intakes and exhausts are full length. The bays can be posed open though would need detailing.
  • The instruction sheet does not have any colour call outs at all, apart from the main fuselage colour and listing white for bays. Otherwise the instructions are decent.
  • Three decal options although all B-2s are listed on the sheet. Decals are Two Bobs and also appear to be decent.

Overall, it’s a weighty bit of plastic and not a bad effort. It’s not Tamiyagawa or Z-M, but it’s much better the The Italeri/Testors offering. I will be interested to see what they do with the Bone.

That is all.

• Like 2