What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

7 minutes ago, Six97s said:

I have the 1/8 Corvette. It's not terrifically detailed for its size, but you could really go to town on it.ย ย  That's why mine's still in the box...

I'm way off building anything atm but I think it will be an interesting build for the future ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

It's very old school Monogram, the sump is moulded with the engine halves, not even a separate part.ย  I spent ages researching all the fastener sizes and making a list of 1/8ย  scale nuts and bolts.ย  Then considered the wiring and it all seemed a bit daunting so I stopped thinking about it. ๐Ÿคจ

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Six97s said:

It's very old school Monogram, the sump is moulded with the engine halves, not even a separate part.ย  I spent ages researching all the fastener sizes and making a list of 1/8ย  scale nuts and bolts.ย  Then considered the wiring and it all seemed a bit daunting so I stopped thinking about it. ๐Ÿคจ

I'm happy enough to build it oob as I usually do with maybe the odd little bit of detail added ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

@Andy J Oh!!! Andy I love your way of consumingย ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฉ

BTW...how many floors will your new garage offering?๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค—

Funnily enough there will be 2 floors. The ground floor will be the main workshop area whilst the room above in the garage loft will be for stash storage and possibly a separate spraying area. I've actually already installed the loft hatch and now I can start working on the main partition walls for the workshop area ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marco F. said:

@Andy Jย ...sounds like a dreamย ๐Ÿค—

You are lucky man....๐Ÿค—

and we (I'm) are lucky to have here on Board ...

I think it sounds more glamorous than it actually is tbh but I'm looking forward to when it's finished and I can get back to building kits again ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbostream said:

I think we need a room tour when it's finished. :)ย 

No problem when I start building again I'll throw in a few room photos though it's going to be a while yet I've got loads to do atm ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

Oh yeah! I found Tamiya's Peugeot 307 Wrc at 35โ‚ฌ in the domestic "eBay" called tori.fi. In Ebay those have astronomical prices. But in Ebay seller from Italy sold Detail up set on Peugeot 11โ‚ฌ, bargain also.ย 

ย 

Edited by alteregoni
  • Like 2

On 07/08/2021 at 10:16, Andy J said:

Well it's been a while so I decided to recruit a couple of new stash members ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I nearly got the Fiat, but at 1/20 scale would have looked really strange with the rest of my 1/24 rally cars. Looking forward to the vette build though in that scale ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

I got this one off the second hand for cheap.ย 

ย 

20210809134855-02df86f8-me.jpg

ย 

This is actually the 1981 new tool version of this kit. I built a later version a couple of years ago (converted it into a hookloader) andย I have a 1982 release in my stash and now this one as well. You might say I really like this truck, and I do ๐Ÿ™‚ย .... One of them will become a little tanker truck, the other probably a flatbed.ย 

• Like 7

Not bought as per thread title, but I've been given the new Italeriย / ye olde anciente Esci Landย Cruiser BJ44 as a birthday present.

• Like 6

I recently did a deal with Paul H of this forum and yesterday the parcel arrived , so I'm now the proud owner of a Revell 32 Ford 5-window coupe and highboy roadster, an AMT 32 Ford Phaeton and a Revell 29 Ford rat rod .ย ย ย 

• Like 4

Think it is the third time I buy this kit.ย The previous times it turns out they were out of stock even though the websites said they were in stock but I am happy I finally got one looks like a nice kit.

ย 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Just bought four resin Bomber Seats from local caster, trying out different colours, depending on vehicle fitted to.

photo1-th.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Congratulation Pat, real good seatsย 

Marco Fย 

Cheers Marco F, bought them on ebay not realising caster nearly local! I hadn't seen any of his other work.ย 

A bit too wacky for most of you I suppose, but an Atlantis Groovy Grader, originally from Monogram and nowย re-released on ebay UK..

photo-th.jpg

A bit too late for the Mustang group build but my wife needed to spend a few more pounds to qualify for free delivery so I duly obliged cos I'm helpful like that! ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Nick

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Fnick said:

A bit too late for the Mustang group build but my wife needed to spend a few more pounds to qualify for free delivery so I duly obliged cos I'm helpful like that! ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Nick

That's my boy ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 2