Jump to content

What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?


shood23

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

That's quite quickย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

Beware of any speedlimit๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Watch this space ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Red with black interior Stef has to be...bloody blue ๐Ÿ™„...they'll have you adding white stripes next ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Not every car modeller has such bad taste as you sunshine....!!! :tease:ย ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

And where did you find a 1/16 Ford Anglia kit....??!!

ย 

K

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

Not every car modeller has such bad taste as you sunshine....!!! :tease:ย ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

And where did you find a 1/16 Ford Anglia kit....??!!

ย 

K

I've done my usual amount of research on the mystery kit Keith absolutely zilch ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. So I'm fully expecting the kit to be known as a duffer but I don't care because.....I have a vision .....a plan of attack....and if I win the auction its next on the bench after the GT500 ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Red with black interior Stef has to be...bloody blue ๐Ÿ™„...they'll have you adding white stripes next ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ‘

Like this??๐Ÿ‘

ย 

spacer.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well a last gasp bid got me the kit and for less groats than I expected ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. Don't know anything about this kit other than I now own one but hopefully I haven't brought a lemon ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿค”

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

So don't be shy if it's pants let me have it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. However I will be building it regardless of any quality issues ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marco F. said:

I built the100-6 in the '90,it was a Matchbox boxed one, much too early for the GB๐Ÿ˜‚...but it's still a good kit considering it's age, bcs the Revell Box was from '60.

@Stef N.ย comes the Alfa with an engine? If i remember right sometimes in it's comeback history it was an curbside.

The blue suits it real good, but it was also avaiable in a pale blue with dark blue interieur which was also a nice comboย 

@johnlambertthe Scirocco in bright green metallic with BBS wheels looked great in these days.ย 

@dbostreamย great kit and minimum 2 versions to choose, so it should offer a lot of fun

Marco Fย 

ย 

Just checked the Alfa Marco and it does come with an engine. In an unbuilt state it looks to be pretty good too.๐Ÿ‘

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Well a last gasp bid got me the kit and for less groats than I expected ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. Don't know anything about this kit other than I now own one but hopefully I haven't brought a lemon ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿค”

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

So don't be shy if it's pants let me have it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. However I will be building it regardless of any quality issues ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

ย 

It's pants....!!

ย 

Just kidding, Paul Bretlland did a build series on his ISM YouTube channel onย  one a few weeks back - itย  turned out really well, worth a watch.

ย 

Just don't paint itย blue with white stripes....!!ย  ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

K

ย 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

It's pants....!!

ย 

Just kidding, Paul Bretlland did a build series on his ISM YouTube channel onย  one a few weeks back - itย  turned out really well, worth a watch.

ย 

Just don't paint itย blue with white stripes....!!ย  ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

K

ย 

Definitely won't be blue Keith but tbh I'm not sure about a colour atm ๐Ÿค”. Thanks for the tip regarding the build video I shall watch it as soon as I get the chance ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. In other news mate I may have to temporarily suspend all modelling I'm afraid my cave needs a serious upgrade I simply have no room for storage I've outgrown my space instead of using a part of the double garage i now need at least 50% of it ๐Ÿ™„.I have permission to do as I please but jeez it's a lot of work but if I'm to continue I have to get stuck in which means building kits for a while will be out of the question ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I've amassed so much gear it's amazing and it really deserves to be looked after better than it is currently. I mean 15 different airbrushes....really...and 3 of those i found still in the boxes unopened under a pile of spare decals, photo etch etc. So in the next week or so work will begin i simply have no choice ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Well a last gasp bid got me the kit and for less groats than I expected ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. Don't know anything about this kit other than I now own one but hopefully I haven't brought a lemon ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿค”

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

So don't be shy if it's pants let me have it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. However I will be building it regardless of any quality issues ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I want one too but people have put the wrong price tag on them so far...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I simply have no room for storage I've outgrown my space

ย 

I know that problem very well my friend. Although I don't have 15 airbrushes.....!!! :)ย (I do have FAR too many kits though!!)

ย 

K

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

I know that problem very well my friend. Although I don't have 15 airbrushes.....!!! :)

ย 

K

I've been too busy building kits Keith and ignoring the obvious problem building up around me. Don't get me wrong I could continue as I am if I wanted but I have a large space that needs to be used way more effectively than it is atm. Finding items that I never realised I had was the final straw mate for example an Airfix 1/24 e-type jag an old kit but in mint condition and one I doubt I'll ever build, a couple of gunze sangyo 1/24 kits again i doubt I'll ever build , a Protar Ferrari inย  mint condition and the list goes on. I've got more paint than B&Q but it's disorganised chaos and it needs sorting ๐Ÿ™„. So rant over time to stop whinging and create the theatre of dreams ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Andy Jย I don't have the problem that I find stuff I didn't know I owned...๐Ÿค”...okay from time to time it happens too.ย  My problem is that I can't find the things I'm looking for and this is time consumingย  and not very pleasant.ย 

Marco Fย 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

@Andy Jย I don't have the problem that I find stuff I didn't know I owned...๐Ÿค”...okay from time to time it happens too.ย  My problem is that I can't find the things I'm looking for and this is time consumingย  and not very pleasant.ย 

Marco Fย 

Yep I know what you mean Marco I thought I had 3 jars of mr surfacer primer when I actually have 7 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. Well I've decided no more modelling until this issue is sorted so see ya in about 10 years ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘. Though I have to say more space means more room for kit's which equals more shopping which makes me happy ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Finding items that I never realised I had was the final straw mate for example an Airfix 1/24 e-type jag an old kit but in mint condition

ย 

I actually remember you buying that one....!!

ย 

I do also have the same problem of finding things I've forgotten I had - sometimes shortly after buying another one the same!

ย 

K

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

I actually remember you buying that one....!!

ย 

I do also have the same problem of finding things I've forgotten I had - sometimes shortly after buying another one the same!

ย 

K

So we are growing older and more puddled together then....at least I'm not the only one ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

I actually remember you buying that one....!!

ย 

I do also have the same problem of finding things I've forgotten I had - sometimes shortly after buying another one the same!

ย 

K

It's well known that the best way to find any lost item is to buy a replacement ;)ย 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

It's well known that the best way to find any lost item is to buy a replacement ;)ย 

Problem is John I buy several ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Lady Rose placed a tag-sign in our kitchenย 

" Nothing is really lost until your Mum can't find it "ย 

May sounds true, but not in my case bcs my put all my stored modelling stuff into the garbidge (junk) when I was nearly 20ย 

and this was not a pleasant experience.ย 

So since then I prefer supprise myselfย 

Marco Fย 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Well a last gasp bid got me the kit and for less groats than I expected ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘. Don't know anything about this kit other than I now own one but hopefully I haven't brought a lemon ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿค”

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

So don't be shy if it's pants let me have it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. However I will be building it regardless of any quality issues ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Hi Andy

ย 

Ok , the main problem with this kit is the wheels and tyres , which are absurdly over-wide even for a racing Cobra . The rear tyres are marked 12.5 x 15 but they're way wider than that , something like 17 or 18 inches wide .ย  The front tyres are around 12.5 x 15 but have no size marked . When I built mine back in the 1980s , Iย  narrowed the rear wheels to fit the front tyres then cut a sidewall off each rear tyre , cut off a little over half the width of the tyre , superglued the sidewall back on then narrowed the front wheels to suit . Because of the huge tyres , the rear suspension is rather too narrow and also missing the upper wishbone , but it doesn't really show when it's built .ย ย 

The kit is intended to be built with sidepipes so if you want tail exhausts you'll need to fill the big holes in the sides .

Everything else is just a general lack of detail for a 1/16 kit - nothing a little work won't fix .ย  It certainly looks good when finished - I'm still very happy with mine .

ย 

If you want to know anything else , drop me a PM .ย 

ย 

John Greenย 

Nantwich , Cheshireย 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, rs2man said:

Hi Andy

ย 

Ok , the main problem with this kit is the wheels and tyres , which are absurdly over-wide even for a racing Cobra . The rear tyres are marked 12.5 x 15 but they're way wider than that , something like 17 or 18 inches wide .ย  The front tyres are around 12.5 x 15 but have no size marked . When I built mine back in the 1980s , Iย  narrowed the rear wheels to fit the front tyres then cut a sidewall off each rear tyre , cut off a little over half the width of the tyre , superglued the sidewall back on then narrowed the front wheels to suit . Because of the huge tyres , the rear suspension is rather too narrow and also missing the upper wishbone , but it doesn't really show when it's built .ย ย 

The kit is intended to be built with sidepipes so if you want tail exhausts you'll need to fill the big holes in the sides .

Everything else is just a general lack of detail for a 1/16 kit - nothing a little work won't fix .ย  It certainly looks good when finished - I'm still very happy with mine .

ย 

If you want to know anything else , drop me a PM .ย 

ย 

John Greenย 

Nantwich , Cheshireย 

Hiya John thanks for the info mate much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘. Rest assured when the time comes I'll drop you a line....or two ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Hiya John thanks for the info mate much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘. Rest assured when the time comes I'll drop you a line....or two ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

You're welcome . in case you're interested , here's a pic of mineย 

ย 

20210725-111945.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jumblies have a sale

It's a limited edition so it must be bought but when it gets to the bench I have no idea

Unless somebody is going to do a fire engine group build

ย 

ย 

resized_0abe3a21-78bd-47a3-a7eb-65997d69

Edited by cherry268
Afterthought
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...