What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

1 hour ago, TimJ said:

Andy, I've got one of those in the stash that I'd be happy to part with as I don't think I'll ever get around to building it.

Perfect Tim I'll send you a PM later today mate 👍 

15 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Modern one Andy? 

139715-26556-14-720.jpg

Iirc this is pretty much a scaled up copy of the 1:25 one not the level of details you'd expect on a 1:12 kit. Andy perhaps you can join the Mustang GB with this if you find one? :) Would be nice to see one built.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dbostream said:

Iirc this is pretty much a scaled up copy of the 1:25 one not the level of details you'd expect on a 1:12 kit. Andy perhaps you can join the Mustang GB with this if you find one? :) Would be nice to see one built.

When does the Mustang GB start 🤔 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:44 PM, dbostream said:

Fujimi makes a nice Daytona but have not found one at a price I like so I settled for the Italeri one instead. Planning on picking up the Coupé at some point too.

spacer.png

I usually don't buy kits with no engine but I could not resist. What do they mean with Clubman?

spacer.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dbostream said:

What do they mean with Clubman?

To me it was just a marketing exercise playing on the name of the original flat front Clubman shaped MIni (as per my avatar :) ) 

And tbh the original Clubman name was pretty meaningless as it wasn't particularly designed for club motorsport drivers!

That's my basic interpretation of it anyway!

Keith

• Like 3

The Italeri version is a good kit, even so the Fujimi ones, as long they are from the enthusiasts line, are more detailed. So you should have some fun building it. 

The Mini is quite basic. I remember I bought one 20 years ago for my elder son...I still keep this built kit to, may be, build a copy of my last Mini....

at least it's a good kit to create a Mini MK III up to MKVII (?) - the final version before the tiny BMW - and you should get a good result 

Marco F 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

the final version before the tiny HUGE BMW

Fixed that for you Marco!! (I'm sure we could park our 1275GT if the back of a new 'Clubman'.... 🤣 )

2017-mini-clubman.webp

How many cars are so big they need two rear screen wipers....??!! 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, keefr22 said:

Fixed that for you Marco!! (I'm sure we could park our 1275GT if the back of a new 'Clubman'.... 🤣 )

2017-mini-clubman.webp

How many cars are so big they need two rear screen wipers....??!! 

Keith

Yes a friend of ours had one of these we jokingly named it after one of British Leyland's disasters the Maxi! She was not amused! As it is about twice the size of my brother's 1963 Mini Van and Mum's 1965 Mini Estate with the exterior wood trim/ framing.

• Like 1

Just bagged on ebay UK due here on Monday 5th July..

photo-th.jpg

I saw lots of these at Silverstone in the day when marshalling, most weekends.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PatW said:

Yes a friend of ours had one of these we jokingly named it after one of British Leyland's disasters the Maxi! She was not amused! .

The 'Mini' (I really think something got lost in translation there) is nearly nine inches longer and 300kg heavier than a Maxi and probably has less room inside. As a former Maxi owner I can say that they are a nice drive and I'd rather have a Maxi than a modern Min any day.  

• Like 2

Getting back on topic, these arrived this morning. 

51282883866_25cb9b541c_o.jpgDSCF2322 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The '57 Chevy is a 1990's tool and a lot more detailed than the old AMT kit. It even includes some foil and wire for the spark plug leads, complete with wiring diagram. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Getting back on topic, these arrived this morning. 

51282883866_25cb9b541c_o.jpgDSCF2322 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The '57 Chevy is a 1990's tool and a lot more detailed than the old AMT kit. It even includes some foil and wire for the spark plug leads, complete with wiring diagram. 

Nice choice of kits there Tim very nice indeed 👍 👌 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

This arrived yesterday

p?i=7efc9b69af4cdf44effad69c59985e67

And this the day before

p?i=68fb2ed1bd1b78a7158637901af323c8

That's the spirit keep em coming 🙂👍

So as it's Mrs Js birthday tomorrow I thought I would treat myself to a kit for the upcoming Mustang GB. Thanks to @TimJ I now have a suitable candidate thanks again Tim I will enjoy building this kit 👍

spacer.png

For a 1/12 kit there's not loads of detail however for someone who likes to finish them and move on this kit suits me fine. Right time to order some paint for the shell methinks 🙂👍

• Like 6

Picked up a 1/24 rc Bugatti Veyron Vitesse. Want to use it for casting the bumpers on a die cast Veyron I have coming to make it a super Sport. Can't get the Super Sport in 1/24 and the 1/18 ones are a fortune. Like the orange and carbon fiber scheme. Not big on super cars but these I like. Also just got the 1/24 Maisto Chiron, Blue 42 version. I know Airfix makes one but it's to lego for my liking.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

So as it's Mrs Js birthday tomorrow I thought I would treat myself to a kit for the upcoming Mustang GB.

:rofl2:

I'm sure she's pleased about that!!

Looking forward to seeing this beast go together mate! :thumbsup:

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

:rofl2:

I'm sure she's pleased about that!!

Looking forward to seeing this beast go together mate! :thumbsup:

K

She thought that £15 was a bit suspicious for such a large kit but I managed to convince her that the box having been opened seriously affects the price second hand 😉. I'm really looking forward to building this one Keith my mojo is peaking 🙃😜🤪👍. Anyway when she opens her present tomorrow she'll be happy it's an all singing and dancing hair brush from Poundland.....yes I know i really shouldn't spoil her so much 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well I said I wouldn't be buying any more kits this year and I haven't. The kit below is in anticipation of my wife's birthday next year so I think that's fair enough 🤔. Another 1/12 kit but one i couldn't resist 🙂👍

spacer.png

Happy Birthday 😉👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

The kit below is in anticipation of my wife's birthday next year

You really ought to write a book on 101 modeller's excuses for stash expansion - it'd be a definite bestseller....!! 

And that thing is definitely going to need a proper set of harnesses - no excuses matey....!! :)

K

• Haha 1