What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Ok,I know this isn't a kit but its Automobilia and it still needs a full respray etc. A heavy metal Michelin man that I picked up in Greenwich market,London yesterday.The Red Bull F1 car is a full 1/43 decal conversion that is almost finished as raced in the Monaco GP 2005- just for a size comparison. A bit scabby but he might look a bit nicer when I've finished with him! Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

Well, my policy of setting the price I'm prepared to offer on the 'bay and bidding over and over on different auctions finally paid off. I've been after one of these for a long time, and finally got it for a sensible (to my mind) price:

porsche-356.jpg

That just about does it for the Fujimi Enthusiast kits that I've been chasing. Now I just need to build them...

best,

M.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Really? Who would be daft enough to do that....??!! :whistle: 🤣

K

Not me Keith I don't do things by halves 😂👍

• Haha 1

On 18/06/2021 at 16:30, Andy J said:

That's my boy....fill yer boots....full report tomorrow please 🙂😉👍

Although a visit to an actual model shop is never a waste of time there were no Mustang kits barring one of the modern ones. Nevermind, still managed to spend money on sundry items that will help in future builds. I might have to go for a jolly to Hannants now.😥😉

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Although a visit to an actual model shop is never a waste of time there were no Mustang kits barring one of the modern ones. Nevermind, still managed to spend money on sundry items that will help in future builds. I might have to go for a jolly to Hannants now.😥😉

Spend spend spend some people...I'm glad my purchases are few and far between 🙂😉👍

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stef N. said:

...only spend on days ending in a Y.😀

Me to mate...I'm off to have a mooch around on the net now ....though I must stress I'm only looking I have no plans to buy anything 🙃 👍

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I'm thinking of setting up a small model shop in the West Midlands. Not sure where I got the idea from.😉😀

This made me lol 😆 😂 👍. Infact Stef being as I've gone all Americana I'm currently looking into NASCAR kits and I like what I see 👀. With that in mind I think I may have to acquire a couple...

I'm currently weighing up my options 🙂😉🤫👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

At least you have a model shop to visit.   There's nothing anywhere near here other than Hobbycraft and a shop that caters to RC models.  😐

11 minutes ago, Andy J said:

This made me lol 😆 😂 👍. Infact Stef being as I've gone all Americana I'm currently looking into NASCAR kits and I like what I see 👀. With that in mind I think I may have to acquire a couple...

I'm currently weighing up my options 🙂😉🤫👍

NASCAR = decals = torment.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Six97s said:

At least you have a model shop to visit.   There's nothing anywhere near here other than Hobbycraft and a shop that caters to RC models.  😐

NASCAR = decals = torment.

Meh ...I eat decals for breakfast 😋 The kit below has a challenging scheme 

spacer.png

Bring it on i say 🙂👍

• Like 5

Well I'll have to be now .....thought I'd try this kit and see what happens 😉 

spacer.png

Just the one kit for now....sensible purchasing as always 👍 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Andy J said:

spacer.png

Just the one kit for now....sensible purchasing as always 👍 

Yep...very sensible 🤔...as usual 😇🤗😂🤣

Marco F 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marco F. said:

Yep...very sensible 🤔...as usual 😇🤗😂🤣

Marco F 

Thank you Marco for recognising my sensible attitude to all things modelling...though I'm a little concerned for @Stef N. the poor chap seems to be losing control 🙄👍

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Decals should be good in that one Andy, it's a fairly recent issue.

Now, older Monogram, Revell and AMT NASCAR decals, especially Monogram, are a whole different kettle of fish - they can often have the consistency - and user friendliness - of cardboard. On which decal solutions tend to have little effect....!!! 🤣 

(for years I built no cars other than NASCARS, most of which are now in the great stock car graveyard in the sky, and I used to buy aftermarket sheets from the States from companies like Slixx and Just Want To Build A Model, which were excellent)

Keith

Just thinking about this Andy - I saw a couple of Petty cars in a NASCAR museum when we took the kits to Florida many years back - I can't remember 100%, but pretty sure the 'red' stripe might well have been dayglo orange/red - it was certainly much more orange that the STP decals....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Decals should be good in that one Andy, it's a fairly recent issue.

Now, older Monogram, Revell and AMT NASCAR decals, especially Monogram, are a whole different kettle of fish - they can often have the consistency - and user friendliness - of cardboard. On which decal solutions tend to have little effect....!!! 🤣 

(for years I built no cars other than NASCARS, most of which are now in the great stock car graveyard in the sky, and I used to buy aftermarket sheets from the States from companies like Slixx and Just Want To Build A Model, which were excellent)

Keith

Just thinking about this Andy - I saw a couple of Petty cars in a NASCAR museum when we took the kits to Florida many years back - I can't remember 100%, but pretty sure the 'red' stripe might well have been dayglo orange/red - it was certainly much more orange that the STP decals....

Thanks for the information Keith much appreciated. As usual I just brought the kit for the box art and because it's something different to add to the collection . Research comes a distant second to me as you well know but I've already found the correct Petty Blue from Zero and I'm not sure whether the red on the car is painted or a decal 🤔. As usual I will open the kit and blunder my way through though one things for sure these kits ain't cheap 🙄👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andy J said:

found the correct Petty Blue from Zero

Yeh Andy I looked last night as I thought he had both colours and wanted to check what he did for the red. But I just remembered where I had seen both and it's on Gravity Spain's site - and they quote it as fluorescent orange...

https://gravity-colors.com/model-car-paints/106-16-gc-127/

Zero do nice fluo oranges and reds too.

Keith

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Yeh Andy I looked last night as I thought he had both colours and wanted to check what he did for the red. But I just remembered where I had seen both and it's on Gravity Spain's site - and they quote it as fluorescent orange...

https://gravity-colors.com/model-car-paints/106-16-gc-127/

Zero do nice fluo oranges and reds too.

Keith

Cheers Keith I shall make the paint decision once the kit arrives 🙂👍

• Like 1

Another Tamiya kit that I've been after for a while.

y4mmnb1kKqZlF_gzu8yvtTIxNXIqserQq8KbLMiF

I'd sill like the Tamiya Mercedes-Benz 600SEL but I managed to pick up the S600 coupé at a reasonable price and I think it will go nicely with the Tamiya SEC and ESCI SLC.

• Like 4

Treated myself on Fathers Day with two lucky wins on a certain auction site  . 

This Audi kit is only just coming through in this country , so I was welled chuffed to win this at a good price  .  A rather odd choice of rally / driver  , but there are already a good choice of decal kits available to rectify this . 
51269007904_d2c63356c6_c_d.jpg

And this was won for just £41.50 . I should have got one when first released , now it seems to becoming rare to find at a decent price . 
I really wanted the Roger Clark car , but beggars can’t be choosers ! 
51268275381_9d4eb277f9_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 9