What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

4 hours ago, Six97s said:

That sounds like a great idea but not with this Mustang there's no way I can wait until July to build it. So I'll have to do some shopping for another kit....I suppose buying another kit won't do any harm 🤔 Question is what kit to buy 🤔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Were these the Hertz 'rent-a-racer' Mustangs? If so surely it has to be done in black with gold stripes?!

Keith

Nah black with either silver or white stripes.....sounds like a plan 🙂👍

Tuesday:

On 25/05/2021 at 21:07, Andy J said:

Last one for this year..

Today:

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I suppose buying another kit won't do any harm 🤔 Question is what kit to buy 🤔 

:rofl2:

K

• Haha 3

Latest Spotmodel delivery arrived this morning. Once again no VAT or other extra charges. Ordered Monday afternoon, despatched by Spotmodel Tuesday morning delivered about 11am today - given all the problems still being created in the world by a certain bug, I think that's remarkably good going by Spotmodel, Spanish post and the Royal Mail - top marks to them all! 

But I'm still none the wiser if this is now the norm post Brexit or whether I've just been lucky avoiding charges on two parcels from Spain!

Anyway the bits and pieces that came were;

spotmodel 28-5-21

- including a free sticker - who doesn't like a free sticker....??!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 8

That's right spotmodel is very quick 

and they got a lot of cool stuff. 

So you got a sticker of the Lancia 037? 

Cool my last one was a spotmodel script and btw I like the parcels too 

My last one showed a 911 GT 3 I guess...so this carton is now also hanging in my place to glue 😇🙄

What's your plan with this RSR? 

Marco F 

• Like 2

Latest Spotmodel delivery arrived this morning. Once again no VAT or other extra charges. Ordered Monday afternoon, despatched by Spotmodel Tuesday morning delivered about 11am today - given all the problems still being created in the world by a certain bug, I think that's remarkably good going by Spotmodel, Spanish post and the Royal Mail - top marks to them all! 

But I'm still none the wiser if this is now the norm post Brexit or whether I've just been lucky avoiding charges on two parcels from Spain!

Anyway the bits and pieces that came were;

spotmodel 28-5-21

- including a free sticker - who doesn't like a free sticker....??!! 🤣

Keith

Not that I need to buy any more, but is there a run down anywhere on which of the Fujimi Porsches have engines and which are (ick) "curbside"?   There are so many versions and prices are all over the place, so it leaves me mightily confused.

On 27/05/2021 at 09:55, Pekingsauce said:

My last one is a Model Factory Hiro Alfa Tipo 33 Stradale 1/12, will take some time before I can start this one. But better have it in my rack than no longer for sale

Good work. I keep saying I've bought my last MFH kit for the year but they keep releasing superlative stuff! I was trying to stick with their 1/43 and 1/24 kits since I only have space for just one MFH 1/12 kit (Mazda 787B). But if they release an Audi R18, that will soon go out of the window. Or a Porsche 904. Or an ERA. You get the idea. My promises mean nothing.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Six97s said:

Not that I need to buy any more, but is there a run down anywhere on which of the Fujimi Porsches have engines and which are (ick) "curbside"?   There are so many versions and prices are all over the place, so it leaves me mightily confused.

Pretty sure all enthusiast kits have an engine. I usually double check with https://www.1999.co.jp/ they show the parts/instructions for a lot of Fujimi kits.

• Thanks 1

Tuesday:

Today:

:rofl2:

K

I have a poor memory....and more money than sense 😂👍

12 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Good work. I keep saying I've bought my last MFH kit for the year but they keep releasing superlative stuff! I was trying to stick with their 1/43 and 1/24 kits since I only have space for just one MFH 1/12 kit (Mazda 787B). But if they release an Audi R18, that will soon go out of the window. Or a Porsche 904. Or an ERA. You get the idea. My promises mean nothing.

I know exactly what you mean 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

What's your plan with this RSR? 

It'll be built as a 3.8 Clubsport - which with it being a Fujimi kit means cutting away the rear seats and filling in the sunroof. I've also got a Carrera Cup car that I've started building as a 964 Clubsport, and another standard 964 Carrera kit I also want to build as a Clubsport, which is what the Cup mirrors and RS front vents in the Spotmodel order were for (the Cup kit has those bits in)

And yes it's an 037 sticker, and I like the boxes too!

10 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Pretty sure all enthusiast kits have an engine.

I think that too - all the enthusiast 911's I have have got an engine, the others are curbside.

Keith

As much as I know, and for sure I don't know if I'm right...if the prefix starts with "EM" you'll get a full option kit... 

BUT... I also bought a fujimi Porsche turbo without this "EM" prefix and it included also an complete engine and looked like an enthusiast one... 

May be Mr. Fujimi is fooling us, or they don't know exactly what they are selling 😇🤗🤫

Marco F 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Were these the Hertz 'rent-a-racer' Mustangs?

They were GT-350H models.

One of the Dennis Collins videos takes you through the differences.

• Like 2

Now this one was an early birthday present for March 22 I thought I'd treat myself. Only joking I already have the purple paint and it seems a shame to not use it 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I already have the purple paint and it seems a shame to not use it 🙂

So just another 59 kits or so to buy to use up all those Zero paints you've got....?? :whistle: :)

I like that Cuda!

K

• Haha 2

Just now, JeroenS said:

@Andy JYou really have missed car modelling haven't you?

Tbh..........absolutely right i have. No harm in taking a break and trying something different but this time of year is perfect for painting car shells. Come the autumn well that's different when the temperature drops i think I'd like to build a warship or two and I still have a BF109E to finish plus a load of AFV kits in the stash and that's not counting the 1/12 Meng GT40 🤔 😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

So just another 59 kits or so to buy to use up all those Zero paints you've got....?? :whistle: :)

I like that Cuda!

K

I actually like the bonnet Keith I think it looks awesome 👌. Anyway thats it for now I've got plenty to play with so the wallet has been put to sleep 💤 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Anyway thats it for now I've got plenty to play with so the wallet has been put to sleep 💤 

And Mrs. J exhales slowly... 

• Haha 2