What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

A Tamiya 1/12 Honda CB750F "Custom Tuned" arrived in the post today . It's my third CB750F - I enjoyed the others so much I decided to buy another . 

I'm also hoping to receive a cheap , slightly started Tamiya Mk2 Jaguar that I bought off somebody off Facebook, but it's been a fortnight now and , even allowing for late despatch due to illness , it's starting to look as if either Royal Mail have lost it, or I've been had over.  My own fault I suppose - If it looks too good to be true , then it usually is . I'll give it till after the weekend and put in a claim to PayPal if it still hasn't arrived .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paws4thot said:

All I can see is "spacer.jpg". @johnlambert may well be right; could one of you post producer, make, model, scale and series details and I might be able to comment further.

It's the Tamiya 2CV  . It seems that the screws hold down the retainers for the front and rear suspension . I don't think they'll be very visible , if at all - they seem to be behind the front bulkhead and under the rear seat .

2 hours ago, rs2man said:

It's the Tamiya 2CV  . It seems that the screws hold down the retainers for the front and rear suspension . I don't think they'll be very visible , if at all - they seem to be behind the front bulkhead and under the rear seat

There are no screws there on a real 2CV. And certainly none 75mm across!

But could I hit you up for a wee favour; which pattern upholstery are the Tamiya seats please? My Heller Mehari has diamond sink button seats, which really only go in a 2CV Bamboo, Charleston or Dolly.

That Budweiser Monte Carlo arrived yesterday. I looked at it and liked it. Liked it so much, today I ordered Racing Pettys Combo including Kyle's #42 Regal and Richard's #43 Grand Prix, and Terry Labonte's #44 Piedmont Monte Carlo. I may need fresh decals, though.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, vppelt68 said:

I may need fresh decals, though.

The condition of the decals is the main concern I have with my NASCAR kits, I know a wide range of aftermarket decals are available but the shipping and possible additional costs have put me off so far. I'll have to look into it further. I have just ordered the Salvino's JR reissue of Cale Yarborough's #28 Hardee's Monte Carlo for a reasonable price (they aren't cheap) so I shouldn't have to worry about the decals on that one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TimJ said:

the condition of the decals is the main concern I have with my NASCAR kits

Well, the biggest issue I've ever had with the decals for a NASCAR is that yellow translucent water soluble stuff that there sometimes is on AMT or Monogram sheets.

I caved and bought a Focus RS WRC 01 from ebay, although the £64 I got it for is pretty good since the last 5 I've bid on went for £69-£77 in the end - more than I was prepared to pay.

Pic from Scalemates.

spacer.png

Edited by galaxyg
additional text.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 05/05/2021 at 17:07, dbostream said:

New month new kits...first one to arrive was this one that I found at a really good price on Ebay. The decals have seen better days but other than that all parts are still in plastic bags. I was surprised to see metal screws in the kit hopefully they are not too visible once it is assembled.

Don't worry about the screws. I remember them being on my Tamiya / Ebbro 2CV Fourgonette kit. I just picked up the model and turned it over. The screws are not visible, they're on the inside of the chassis. IIRC they hold the suspension in place, which is actually a bit springy on the model. A bit of a gimmick indeed, but the real thing was quite springy as well! So all in all, a nice representation of real life I think. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, galaxyg said:

I caved and bought a Focus RS WRC 01 from ebay,

Hope the decals are good - I have a kit from when they were first released and they're unuseable..... :(

Keith

13 hours ago, Paws4thot said:

Well, the biggest issue I've ever had with the decals for a NASCAR is that yellow translucent water soluble stuff that there sometimes is on AMT or Monogram sheets.

Biggest issue for me is that Monogram NASCAR decals usually have the user friendliness of corrugated cardboard...

Keith

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Hope the decals are good - I have a kit from when they were first released and they're unuseable..... :(

Keith

I'll hope for better. Not building it immediately anyhow but hopefully in 2021 at some point. Stash now stands at 59 cars and about 6 aircraft.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, galaxyg said:

Stash now stands at 59 cars and about 6 aircraft.

Funnily enough I counted mine yesterday - 129 cars, 53 x 1/48 aircraft, 140+ 1/72 aircraft (which I want to get rid of) and I didn't get round to the 1/144 aircraft, armour and ships. I've been disposing of more than I've been buying for years now (at least when Telford was on) but still have far, far too many.....

Keith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Funnily enough I counted mine yesterday - 129 cars, 53 x 1/48 aircraft, 140+ 1/72 aircraft (which I want to get rid of) and I didn't get round to the 1/144 aircraft, armour and ships. I've been disposing of more than I've been buying for years now (at least when Telford was on) but still have far, far too many.....

Keith

Hmm merely 12 months work for me 😉👍

• Haha 3

Not recently bought, but I have been getting to grips with organising the stash so I don't keep buying things I've already got.   I didn't even think to count them.  This still isn't all of it.  🥴  

stash1-vi.jpg

stash2-vi.jpg

[stash3-vi.jpg

thegoodstuff-vi.jpg

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4