What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Finally got hold of one of these, first lorry in the stash and it's in BR livery as well, so what's not to like :) 

Love the look of the older lorries, modern stuff does nothing for me

20200818_143511_resized

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Finally got hold of one of these, first lorry in the stash and it's in BR livery as well, so what's not to like :) 

Love the look of the older lorries, modern stuff does nothing for me

Oh that's great, these are pretty hard to get. I have the tanker and I'd like another one of the series before they're gone

• Like 1

Only 30 years late , this arrived today . Complete with squashed box , I opened it fearing the worst . Everything seems ok though . Phew . The seller obviously didn’t have time to pack a fragile box with bubble wrap or couldn’t spell “fragile “ before it was posted to me . 
 Gary . 
50248898786_4994f29b32_c_d.jpg

The box , as I opened it . Luckily no obvious damage to parts within .

50248257233_e9f8e40ee8_c_d.jpg

• Like 3

Aren't you going to show the contents? 😋

One thing you definitely can't fault Belkits for is their habit of putting the shell into a separate box - gives that bit more protection from various postal services...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Aren't you going to show the contents? 😋

One thing you definitely can't fault Belkits for is their habit of putting the shell into a separate box - gives that bit more protection from various postal services...

Took photo , forgot to post .....

50249246342_aaca040ff0_c_d.jpg

Thanks , Gary . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've completed one classic muscle car, and another one came along at just the right time.

y4m7IDwAUIvB4aGfHZ34KUdtGMcwSO6_0R6C9KMy

The Road Runner was Plymouth's bargain basement performance car, stripped of luxuries in pursuit of speed.  Unlike my last build, which was by AMT and listed as 1:25, this one is by Monogram and 1:24.  It will be interesting to see how they compare.

y4m0OGMIc5kVfufppmVDBkDV0_sEbCO2n7qAhuDN

The kit was sealed in the original cellophane, the parts are tightly packed in the internal plastic bag but don't seem to have suffered because there's a bit of spare space in the box.  Nice to see everything moulded in white plastic apart from a few clear bits and a couple of chrome sprues.

y4mtu-vDCxxnxu73mHwxfCv89aBEBol_ZTwQ5qa7

The parts feel a bit more chunky than the AMT version but, looking at the parts and instructions, it looks better engineered for easy assembly.  I'm sure it should be possible to add a bit of detail, like a wired-up engine.

The most difficult question at this stage is what colour, the box art and instructions suggested magenta but I'm not keen.  I'll also have to see if there are other colour options for the interior, or at least do something to lift the uniformity of satin black.

• Like 3

Having watched a lot of 80s rallying on YouTube lately, I gave in to SpotModel telling me this was the last one of this decal sheet on stock.spacer.png

I also snagged a tarmac suspension kit by Renaissance. Now all I need to do is save up for a Belkits Manta. They've made that harder by releasing the 6R4 and by the time I can afford them both, the RS200 may come along! What problems to have eh?

Phil.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Yes, it's all terribly inconsiderate of Belkits 🙂 

Absolutely. How dare they! 😉

Now if they start doing Rallycross versions of the 6R4 & RS200, my wallet will really be in trouble.

Phil

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Yes, it's all terribly inconsiderate of Belkits 🙂 

And Beemax/Nunu/Platz or whatever they're called this week - hiroboy is taking pre-orders for the 306 Maxi. Must resist.....

K

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PHIL B said:

my wallet will really be in trouble.

Aah yes, about that... 

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Must resist.....

And that... 

Failed on both counts 😇

I've had the Emhar Bedford Tanker in my stash for a while and ever since then I wanted more of them! They're getting harder to come by, so when these 2 showed up on the second-hand for a decent price I grabbed my chance.... I absolutely love them. 

20200825185656-72dc3adc-me.jpg

20200825185730-0d9c756a-me.jpg

So... the seller and I struck up a conversation, turns out he's busy reducing the stash and before I knew it I had asked what else he was planning on selling... Of course I shouldn't have asked, I know, but it was stronger than me. I was hooked when he showed me this: 

20200825185750-f5a490cc-me.jpg

What can I say, I'm a sucker for rare stuff... He gave me a bit of a discount on this one, that was nice. 

• Like 7

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 17:36, johnlambert said:

The most difficult question at this stage is what colour, the box art and instructions suggested magenta but I'm not keen.

I'm not a fan of that scheme either, it looks wrong 🤔

I think I would go with a nice bright red, like a pillar box red, maybe add some grey accent panels on the seats to give the interior a little contrast rather than a black hole

Ian :) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

I'm not a fan of that scheme either, it looks wrong 🤔

I think I would go with a nice bright red, like a pillar box red, maybe add some grey accent panels on the seats to give the interior a little contrast rather than a black hole

Ian :) 

Thanks Ian, I'd pretty much reached the same conclusion that red is the way to go with this one.  I spent a lot of time last night searching for different Road Runners and this inspired me.  I did also see a nice blue one but I've got a few other blue builds planned and I don't want my shelves to be filled with models that are too similar.  I also found that you could get white vinyl seats like this which will give the interior the lift I want.  I'm also tempted to try and fabricate the underside of a Torqflite automatic and give this one a column mounted selector.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Very, very similar idea, but the one which leapt to my mind had black bumpers. Just dropping it in there ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dPbjAju5ex686E7a7

Interesting, I'm not keen on the black bumpers but suggestions are always welcome.

11 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Good find Spiny

I like the look of the black bumpers TBH, think it gives it a more aggresive look :), but at the end of the day it's Johns choice :) 

I agree - the black bumpers make it look more aggressive & contrast really well with the orange paintwork .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Good find Spiny

I like the look of the black bumpers TBH, think it gives it a more aggresive look :), but at the end of the day it's Johns choice :) 

To be fair I didn't have to look far - it was at a car show in the local park :)

10 hours ago, rs2man said:

I agree - the black bumpers make it look more aggressive & contrast really well with the orange paintwork .

I'm not sure whether it's a bit of a trend in the muscle car scene at the moment (although these shots were from a couple of years ago), but there were also a couple of white Pontiacs (1970 Le Mans and c1965 Bonneville) at the same show also with black bumpers. The Bonny in particular looked good with the black bumpers. But I can't argue with a nice muscle car with chrome on it either, and I'm sure John will come up with an excellent version in chrome too.

Anyway, enough digression from the topic in hand...

Been thinking about doing a 1/12 car for a long while and finally took the plunge and got this FW14B for the right price :) 

I've even started to gather some extras as well as it would be rude not to try and add some detail on a kit this size, the cockpit set is out of stock at the minute, but is on my list along with the inlet trumpets :) 

Think this will be a winter project as I will have my new work area set up by then now the son has moved out to his own house :) 

20200828_200203_resized

• Like 6

Not a complete kit but some interesting bits.

y4me-OdJbEraiELxbPVIlzk8cLV-6o8ZXgutjYPW

K&R Models does some interesting bits; these are 1:24 scale Dunlop alloy wheels and photo-etched wire wheels.  I'm not sure how I'll build the wheels as they didn't come with any instructions.  One set of wheels will probably find its way under the Monogram Maserati 3500GT kit that I've got, as it comes with some under-size, half-relief moulded "wire wheels".

• Like 1

With all the talk of the MG Metro 6R4 means I've finally got myself a 1/43 white metal kit that i never managed to get hold of the first time round! Meri kits version of the Belga car,which is nice but I think I would prefer to find some Rothmans decals.

Last week I also bought from the buy/sell section here a 1/24 Frog Chaparral 2C,which I never knew existed; spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngNote the original price sticker! It's missing one wheel,has anyone got a spare one?  Chris.

• Like 5