What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

1 minute ago, Marco F. said:

Several sets for the Sierra

I bought their replacement decals for the Texaco Sierra last year (and it's a lovely looking sheet, much better than the kit decals), and they also did a number of sets for BTCC cars with resin RHD dashboards back then too. I was hoping this might have meant Tamiya were going to re-release them but nothing's happened yet!

Keith

Found these on sale while browsing the internet in bed right before sleep and could not help myself. The MiniArt ones were 50% off and the Impala ~30% off. There were more interesting kits on sale I might order some more. I know one of them doesn't belong in this category.

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I look forward to seeing that in all its glory. The colours are eye catching and that exhaust looks like it should be fun to paint.

There's a few more on the bench before this one sadly.

I'm looking forward to the decals.

Not!

Rick.

• Haha 1

The decals do look they are going to be a bit tricky to be fair. Luckily no carbon fibre though by the looks of it which I have to attempt on my next build. Bit nervous of that but I have a while yet.

• Like 1

So much for my rule about not buying any more kits until I'd finished one of my current projects...

y4me8jnhB7kBJcbrhIrIRrq1cKoNjXrpRvx7B2Ch

I'd been toying with the idea of getting an Airfix Aston Martin DB5 to revisit the models I built when I was younger.  The three kits were one lot on eBay and I got a reasonable price for them.  It's a pity Airfix went for the DBR9, not a road-going DB9 as I prefer road cars to racing ones but it will be nice to have a modern Aston to go with the classic one.  The newer boxing of the DB5 has been opened although the inner plastic bag is still sealed; the older one is sealed and I'm not sure whether to put it back on eBay or build it?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

So much for my rule about not buying any more kits until I'd finished one of my current projects...

I'd been toying with the idea of getting an Airfix Aston Martin DB5 to revisit the models I built when I was younger.  The three kits were one lot on eBay and I got a reasonable price for them.  It's a pity Airfix went for the DBR9, not a road-going DB9 as I prefer road cars to racing ones but it will be nice to have a modern Aston to go with the classic one.  The newer boxing of the DB5 has been opened although the inner plastic bag is still sealed; the older one is sealed and I'm not sure whether to put it back on eBay or build it?

I gave up on that rule a long time ago. :) I like lots, I once bought a lot consisting of 7 kits and after selling the ones I didn't want I ended up with two kits and money in my hand.

Got these the other day, they were dirt cheap I could not ignore them when I saw them.

spacer.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johnlambert said:

23 hours ago, dbostream said:

I gave up on that rule a long time ago. :) I like lots, I once bought a lot consisting of 7 kits and after selling the ones I didn't want I ended up with two kits and money in my hand.

Got these the other day, they were dirt cheap I could not ignore them when I saw them.

I seldom seem to have the fortune to end up with money in hand but anything that reduces the cost is welcome in my book.

Nice selection of kits, I've built one Tamiya Beetle but I quite fancy building another.

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

Feels like I have taken over this thread I have to stop buying model kits...

Me too, on both counts.  This one was bought before I made my rule about not buying any more kits.

y4m5ExfoGQHN2c3L_YtfJPZIhyuWgo7CbRIIXSVZ

I've seen a few FPP build threads on here and there are some tempting subjects in the Fernando Pinto range.  I've never built a resin kit so I quite fancy it as a new challenge.  I've got a bit of a thing for 1960s Ferraris and I've got a magazine article on this car, which should be a useful reference source.  When I've saved up some money it will probably be joined by a Model Factory Hiro Ferrari 250GT SWB and/or Model Factorry Hiro Ferrari 250GT Lusso.  Even if it does feel a bit wrong to even think about spending nearly £500 on two kits.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

y4m5ExfoGQHN2c3L_YtfJPZIhyuWgo7CbRIIXSVZ

I've seen a few FPP build threads on here and there are some tempting subjects in the Fernando Pinto range.  I've never built a resin kit so I quite fancy it as a new challenge.  I've got a bit of a thing for 1960s Ferraris and I've got a magazine article on this car, which should be a useful reference source.  When I've saved up some money it will probably be joined by a Model Factory Hiro Ferrari 250GT SWB and/or Model Factorry Hiro Ferrari 250GT Lusso.  Even if it does feel a bit wrong to even think about spending nearly £500 on two kits.

That Ferrari looks really good. I have never heard of or seen that range of models. I keep hoping that Italeri will reissue their 250 GT SWB, maybe one day...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dbostream said:

That Ferrari looks really good. I have never heard of or seen that range of models. I keep hoping that Italeri will reissue their 250 GT SWB, maybe one day...

I guess the whole licencing issue rears its ugly head again.  I'd definitely buy an Italeri 250GT SWB if one were available.

Yes, another kit purchase.  This one should have arrived at the start of the month but it came from Japan and must have got lost on the way.

y4mykmtYNGEVNrskUhjZ-8cy4oI7LH-Se_2wojm5

It was £36 delivered, just over £25 for the kit itself, but I'd given up on any stockist in the UK getting any more.  It's quite a basic kit but I owned three Preludes of this shape, so I couldn't not have one in my collection, especially as I think this is the only 3rd gen Honda Prelude model ever made.  It's certainly the only one I've ever heard of.

This arrived today.

y4mrCggKdo86ozJss4nKXis5ZtjfeFip0Q-TgOS7

I've got/had every other Tamiya Mini Cooper S but never the rally version; I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with it, whether to go for a rally Mini or something else?  But I now have three unbuilt and two complete Mini Coopers, I swear they are trying to take over my flat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well the postie very kindly dropped off these two beauties just now:

P1100508

On the left is Studio 27's 1/24 Peugeot 908 HDI, and on the right is MFH's 1/43 Porsche 908/3. It's not Christmas or my birthday but feels like it!

• Like 2

Having achieved my aim of getting all of the Airfix 1/32 cars, every now and then I buy one for a second or third time. This "duplicate" is another Airfix Classic:

Airfix 1/32 Bond Bug (M10C):
Img_7788.jpg

I have also made a couple of Revell 1/32 purchases:

Revell 1/32 Opel GT (07680):
Img_7785.jpg

Revell 1/32 Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray (07684)
Img_7786.jpg

Although not the same scale as the two above, how could I not buy this:

Revell 1/24 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback (07065):
Img_7787.jpg

It will be nice company for my only two Airfix 1/24 kits - Aston Martins (one a James Bond version).

Dave

• Like 4

Hi Keith,

I intend painting it with Alclad 2 Candy Bottle Green or Candy Cobalt Blue. The final choice will be made after some spraying tests.

Dave

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, davecov said:

I intend painting it with Alclad 2 Candy Bottle Green or Candy Cobalt Blue. The final choice will be made after some spraying tests.

Wondered if you were going to do it as the Bullit car. :)

K

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Wondered if you were going to do it as the Bullit car. :)

K

Forgive me jumping in to the conversation, but it's too early to be the Bullit Mustang, which i think was a '68.

@davecov nice selection of kits, I've been tempted by all of those although not yet bought any of them.  I look forward to your build threads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

Forgive me jumping in to the conversation, but it's too early to be the Bullit Mustang, which i think was a '68.

No forgiveness needed John, this is a discussion forum after all! :) And you're right the actual Bullit car was a '68, but I reckon this would be a good look-a-like!

Keith

• Like 2

I found another relatively local model shop today; I was passing Alcester and heard there was a model shop so I went and had a look.  It would have been rude to go in and not buy something.  Having read an article on the Ford Falcon Ranchero that featured in Goldfinger (link here) it seemed destiny that I should find this kit:

y4mJPukc5jLU0NH3dki5X-2ekDnyk-1LtG491IkD

To my mind the box art is a clear nod towards Auricstud in Kentucky.  There are some nice options with this kit, including different intake manifolds for the small-block V8 and some mag wheels.  Whilst maybe not being an exact replica it's tempting to try and copy the Dynasty Green metallic with a Palomino vinyl interior of the movie car although that didn't have V8 badges (I could leave these off) and include a crushed foil cube to represent the remains of the Lincoln Continental and the late Mr Solo.  Does anyone make a 1/24 or 1/25 1964 Lincoln Continental?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Does anyone make a 1/24 or 1/25 1964 Lincoln Continental?

AMT did... in 1964.   They had the promo contract, so they also made Lincoln kits every year from 1958 to 1968.   The '65 convertible has been reissued numerous times and is in the current line, but the hardtops were only produced as annual kits.  I picked up this '63 to restore a while back.

IMG_16671-vi.jpg

• Thanks 1