What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Another rash ebay purchase; I've never done a 'bike kit before, but seeing some of the builds on here put the idea into my head.  These two were incorrectly listed as 1/24 which might have accounted for the lack of interest (or maybe it's the curse of the 'job lot'?).

y4mTxsuZRfdkclLVxDmCmzJWshhwfbOyk2gTyjyJ

I wanted the Honda because I like Honda cars and motorcycles, the original plan was to sell on the Suzuki kit but now I've seen it I wonder if I should build it instead (maybe do it first as a practice before I do the CB750F).

• Like 3

Most recent automotive acquisitions. I’ve been buying a few more aircraft kits to balance the stash. 

Couple more Minis from a trade. 

New kits

And a couple of Subaru’s. Looking forward to the Legacy wagon

New kits

• Like 5

Oh, come on! I've got to stop visiting this thread or I'll soon have more kits than I've got years left to build them...hold one, I might be there already!😉

Seriously, though, I'm finding it fascinating to discover what's out there.👍

• Like 1

Love the rally mini, built one years ago and seem to remember it was a great little kit

Seem to go for silly money lately though, but I'll get one again at the right price :) 

11 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Love the rally mini, built one years ago and seem to remember it was a great little kit

Seem to go for silly money lately though, but I'll get one again at the right price :) 

I read, and I can’t remember where, that Tamiya don’t have a license with Mini(BMW) anymore so cant reissue their kits. Could be true and why you can no longer buy it new and old kits are demanding ridiculous prices

I got these in a fair trade for a 1/48 aircraft kit. The Austin is unbuilt but the Rally Morris was mostly done. I’ve stripped and cleaned the parts, combined with another part started kit to get another full kit. The leftovers are currently on eBay to hopefully help someone else out with spares or repairs. 

• Like 3

One of the old Italeri's popped up on the second-hand this morning, from a guy I've purchased from before, 10 minutes from where I live. He's working on stash reduction, I'm not 🙂 

20200606132537-f327b75b-me.jpg

This one was on my "must have" list. 

• Like 5

A bit self-indulgent, but I love this car, and you won't see many of them around, i suspect!

box.jpg

sm-contents.jpg

sm-with-picture.jpg

Very nicely cast and detailed, lots of parts in resin, grey and clear, vacform, etched steel and rubber for tyres. Instructions are really clear, nicely rendered in 3D and full colour. Now I just need to figure out what colour to paint it...

best,

M.

• Like 9

I see those USCP models pop up every now and then. Very interesting subjects and looking good from what you show. I hope we'll see a WIP of this one soon. Would like to hear your thoughts on quality then.

Edited by Schwarz-Brot

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

@cmatthewbacon that Citroen SM kit looks amazing; I love the SM but it's got to be painted in a gloriously 1970s metallic colour.

Vert argentee, Feuille doree, Rouge de Rio or Bleu de Bregancon are top of my list... Turns out they can all be found in the Lechler database that Hiroboy uses for Zero Paints, so a bit of custom mixing is in order...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Recently delivered from Hiroboy:

y4mBv7od6jR_jav303Oepn7gHE4RT714KgYN6qkB

It's a 240Z with the Nissan GT-R engine. (S20 engine).

The kit has an engine, but the bonnet is moulded in! Not for long! I cut it out and then repaired the 'damage'. You can see the engine now! (Or will be able to when it's built)

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Alan R said:

Recently delivered from Hiroboy:

It's a 240Z with the Nissan GT-R engine. (S20 engine).

Cool! I’ve been eyeing that up as well since I saw (and heard) one in front of the house last week. Pretty seriously badass in a very stealth grey, with all black wheels, and the body kit was all blended in smoothly rather than sporting the “riveted on” look. But it burbled and then roared off very satisfyingly...

best,

M.

• Like 2

Hopefully the last one I buy for a while 

Kits

I think this is the best boxing you can get. I recently sold my 2 ProModeler boxings as the plastic is slightly more brittle, bad decals and no side marker lights. There’s just something about them I don’t like even though they’re essentially the same kit. 

Also, curiosity got the better of me and I eventually got one of these

Kits Kits Kits

A transkit that’s basically some cloned 69 parts and AMT Eckler Corvette wheels to use on a more readily available 68 Charger kit (which I already have) plus a decent looking decal sheet 

Certainly not cheap at £25 But ok value if you want to build a decent General Lee

• Like 4

On 09/06/2020 at 22:05, cmatthewbacon said:

A bit self-indulgent, but I love this car, and you won't see many of them around, i suspect!

box.jpg

sm-contents.jpg

sm-with-picture.jpg

Very nicely cast and detailed, lots of parts in resin, grey and clear, vacform, etched steel and rubber for tyres. Instructions are really clear, nicely rendered in 3D and full colour. Now I just need to figure out what colour to paint it...

best,

M.

Wow. That looks awesome; another manufacturer worth a look too!

On 6/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

Vert argentee, Feuille doree, Rouge de Rio or Bleu de Bregancon are top of my list... Turns out they can all be found in the Lechler database that Hiroboy uses for Zero Paints, so a bit of custom mixing is in order...

best,

M.

Despite dire warnings on his website about delays due to Covid, these two arrived today from Steve at Hiroboy (Zero Paints):

paint-colours.jpg

(Rouge de Rio is close enough to the Huayra Pearl Red I'm using on the XJ-S, and Bleu de Bregancon is pretty close to the custom mix I had for Jaguar XJ220 "Silverstone Blue" which is lurking in my paint locker). I might spray up a test piece because the Vert Argent looks a lot more bright green in the photos I've found, but I'm tending towards the Feuille Dore (Gold Leaf, not "Champagne" as a couple of auction references have it) anyway... with brown leather upholstery it feels very 70s, as it should...

best,

M.

best,

M.

• Like 1

I'm kicking myself because last year at the Silverstone Classic there was the largest gathering of Citroen SMs I've ever seen together (must have been a dozen or so), and I didn't take any photos 😢

• Sad 1

It was my lucky day today, 2 kits arrived at my door...

It took me a while to find this one actually, it's mostly sold out but one came in from Hong Kong for a very good price which included shipping. 

20200613215912-d7b530d8-me.jpg

It's a re-issue of the old Italeri kit, but from what I heard it's out of production now. It's a huge box with a heap of sprues in it 🙂 ... 

Also, my Ballaton Models Kirovets K-700A came in today. Two very nice additions to the stash. 

• Like 4

Apologies it's not a kit but for the first time I've ordered some spark plug wire (grey, black and yellow) and seatbelt material (no black available so I went with graphite grey), which I hope to apply to current and future builds.

y4mrDxq5FqeO6-CdBd3OfTn2HDERCgRITh3rNaHX

I've also bought another car kit on ebay, which I'll post when it arrives.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I just use white ribbon now, tinting it to any colour with permanent felt pen. :)

Keith

I'll remember that for next time.  I figured I could always spray the grey a darker colour and I'm unlikely to want a lighter colour for any of the cars I build.