What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

41 minutes ago, dbostream said:

When I look at some of the parts I don't know how to get them off the sprues without breaking them they are so tiny. :) 

Patience ... and luck 🙂 

I've found that easy does it... real easy! Try to cut as far away from the part as possible, making sure you're cutting in an order which places the least amount of strain on the part, and cut slowly. Then when the part is off, cut closer to the part, using clippers or small scissors. A very thin PE saw is recommended by some but I haven't been able to acquire one yet. Finally, carefully sand away the last pieces. I usually take a square piece of paper, 2 x 2 cm, roll it and then flatten it. 200 grit or something, not too coarse. I managed to built the GAZ truck without breaking a single part so I must have done something right. Or I was just real lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One thing I do with very small and delicate parts (and clear parts too) is to heat my scalpel blade in a candle flame and then slice the part off the sprue - using a hot knife blade doesn't put any stress on the part. Just be very careful not to touch the part itself!  I clean it up then as Jeroen so well described above. :)

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Recently picked this up from eBay at a bargain price,its beatiful I think. Winning Mercedes of Sir Stirling Moss and Dennis Jenkinson- 1955 Mille Miglia,his greatest race? This a 1/24 heavy metal model,signed as well! You can still buy this as a kit now by K and R Replicas . Enjoy below,Chris. + spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngThanks for looking.

• Like 5

Paint

Whilst out shopping for essentials, I got these from Halfords. Okay, I admit these aren’t essential items but it will keep me at home when I’m not working. 
The orange is for the obvious, the green is the only limey green I could get, I’ll try it over white primer to hopefully make it pop a bit brighter 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisrope said:

Paint

Whilst out shopping for essentials, I got these from Halfords. Okay, I admit these aren’t essential items but it will keep me at home when I’m not working. 
The orange is for the obvious, the green is the only limey green I could get, I’ll try it over white primer to hopefully make it pop a bit brighter 

Is the Rover Applejack the same color as Mr Bean's car?

Green and orange

Turns out it is Mr Bean green. Not quite as limey as I wanted but maybe once some clear coat is on it might brighten up. It’s definitely a bit snotty :D 

I’ll call it the Snot Rod

The orange is VW Brilliant orange as seen on beetles and type 2 buses. It’s very bright 😎

These are both over white primer, might try again over grey primer 

Edited by chrisrope
  • Like 5

More consumers advice. Green looks better with a second coat, Orange is just orange :D

Cars

Cars Cars Cars

This shows the difference between what I’ve got and what I was kind of hoping for (the Focus and the writing on the spray can)
Still, should look cool once done

Mr Bean got an upgrade ;)

Cars

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A 1980s release of the 1960s tooling Monogram 1934 Duesenberg dual cowl phaeton - inspired by a truly fantastic build of this kit on here!

A couple of classic British sports cars have been added to the stash :D

49830985861_46f59d0466_c.jpg

I got the MG a few weeks ago as a belated birthday present. The Lotus is the result of a very dangerous activity - namely browsing a certain well known internet auction site with a few too many Nectar points sitting on the card.

Now I've just got to hope that the quality of the kits is what you would expect from a Japanese company rather than a 1970's British sports car...

• Like 5

Shock... I’ve got another 69 Pro Modeler Dodge Charger on the way ;)

Having cut my teeth on the Dodge Challenger in my WIP, I’ve also ordered some curvy Tamiya tape for masking window edges and wheel arches, normal tape just doesn’t really work. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spiny said:

A couple of classic British sports cars have been added to the stash :D

49830985861_46f59d0466_c.jpg

I got the MG a few weeks ago as a belated birthday present. The Lotus is the result of a very dangerous activity - namely browsing a certain well known internet auction site with a few too many Nectar points sitting on the card.

Now I've just got to hope that the quality of the kits is what you would expect from a Japanese company rather than a 1970's British sports car...

You beat me to it 😂 I was bidding on the Europa as well ! Fair play Spiny looking forward to seeing it built 👍

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andy J said:

You beat me to it 😂 I was bidding on the Europa as well ! Fair play Spiny looking forward to seeing it built 👍

Looks like there's too many modellers with too much time on their hands 😉 

• Haha 2

I have this puppy coming in... I was letting Youtube take me on a trip one evening and came across this monster. I just knew I was lost as soon as I found out there's a model kit for it! It's just a tad expensive because it's a resin kit. So it's been on the wishlist for a while, but when I thought I could get away with it I ordered it 🙂 

20200429120815-ed9f1b0a-me.jpg

I couldn't resist the twin wheels add-on of course so it should come out looking something like this: 

20200429121314-18acebaa-me.jpg

I just love this hobby... 

• Like 4

This arrived in two days from Kingkit last week - well done to them and the Royal Mail!

IMG_20200429_134805768

Thought about doing it as a production class historic hillclimb/sprint/targa rally car but then decided I couldn't be bothered to scratchbuild a roll cage for it. Opened the box when it arrived to find the kit has a basic rear cage in it, so the plan is back on - happy days!

Keith

• Like 4

23 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

The Europa is a really nice kit... though you really do need to decide whether you tend toward the Gold Leaf or John Player colour scheme for the true 70s nostalgia trip...

best,

M.

Probably nothing odd in this at all, but I was trying to work out which of these two to go with when I put the bid in. The decals look pretty good, and as I was tending towards JPS anyway I'm 99% certain that's what I'll go with.

9 hours ago, Andy J said:

May well have been - were you bidding on the one with the damaged box or the 'other one'? If it was the other one, then I don't know whether this will be good or bad news for you, but you were 25p away from the maximum I was willing to go to. :phew:

• Like 1