What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

I’ve got a grail coming.  Someone’s finally put out a 1/24th scale kit of a Porsche 908K with a roof.  Specifically, the one Elford & Siffert won the 1968 Nurburgring race with:

http://www.racingkars.com/en/hikashop-menu-for-products-listing/product/35-1968-porsche-908-k-nuerburgring-vic-elford-jo-siffert-1-24-ddp-models-kits

I’ve had an Elford-signed photo of this charismatic little monster flying over a bump, all four tires clear of the ground, on my office wall for a few years, and if I don’t make a mess of it, I’ll have a model of the wee boggert on my table before Christmas.

The DDP owner (I think it is) posts on three of the car modelling facebook groups I'm on, he posts an awful lot of lovely progress shots of his models and could quite easily bankrupt me if I wasn't buying any more kits! I believe you can buy his models fromhim via facebook.

If you search for Pierpaolo Pintarelli on FB you'll find his page.

And if anyone's interested Kits for cash have 4 pre-owned DDP kits for sale at the mo. Don't know how good the prices are as I've never dared check what they are new! No connection with them at all.

Keith

8 hours ago, Marco F. said:

DDP models are rare jewels and great kits.

Good to know!  I’d still have bought it if I’d heard it was the most pinhole-filled, worst-fitting loose formation of parts in kitdom, because my heart melts when I think of that car.  Flat 8, 350hp, 1500lbs.  And the look of it:  a sentient, aggressive little Roomba.

52.jpg

Edited by Gween Weeder
  • Like 3

@keefr22:  Thanks!  I’m not on Facebook, but I found that Dutch dealer’s site after 15 minutes of deep googling.  He replied to my enquiry immediately.

The kitsforcash prices are roughly the same numbers as the Dutch dealer’s, except his are in euros, and KFC‘s are in sterling.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gween Weeder said:

I’m not on Facebook

I hate FB to be honest, I only use it as there are a lot of good modelling groups on there and people that post on them often don't use forums unfortunately.

K

I may have said earlier that I had my eye on this one... well my birthday was 2 months ago but some money came in late to the party this week so that was just the excuse I needed... 

40805721583_64de3f2731_z.jpg

Half my stash is now "trucks"... 

• Like 1

Managed to add another couple to the 1/20th Ayrton Senna F1 cars over the last couple of weeks with a Lotus 99t from Tamiya and a Fujimi McLaren MP4/6 

Just the Tolemans and the 97t and 98t to fill the gaps now. I know the 97t is out there at the right price somewhere, and the 98t can be converted from the 99t with a studio 27 kit I believe 🤔 the tolemans and the conversion kit are rare and mega bucks at present, but I'll keep looking :) 

Ian

On 5/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, Redstaff said:

Managed to add another couple to the 1/20th Ayrton Senna F1 cars over the last couple of weeks with a Lotus 99t from Tamiya and a Fujimi McLaren MP4/6 

Just the Tolemans and the 97t and 98t to fill the gaps now. I know the 97t is out there at the right price somewhere, and the 98t can be converted from the 99t with a studio 27 kit I believe 🤔 the tolemans and the conversion kit are rare and mega bucks at present, but I'll keep looking :) 

Ian

Theres one singular 97t in stock here;  https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=50009&language=en

may be of some help to you?

Edited by Cooper645
  • Thanks 1

On 08/05/2019 at 17:06, Cooper645 said:

Theres one singular 97t in stock here

Missed that one by the time I got round to it, but managed to get one from ebay Germany for just under £40 all in, so well happy with that :) 

Thanks 

Ian

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Missed that one by the time I got round to it, but managed to get one from ebay Germany for just under £40 all in, so well happy with that :) 

Thanks 

Ian

Glad you got one. 3 people had it in their shopping 🛒 😂

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

managed to get one from ebay Germany for just under £40 all in, so well happy with that :) 

Well I was happy with £40 all in from Germany seeing as some people have these up for sale at £60 to £80 which I wasn't prepared to pay, so I looked for ages for the right price

then as my German parcel lands on the mat this morning I get an email from Hiroboy saying they are back in stock at £29.98 😞 you can't make it up can you

Still I've got one now which was the main exercise, sometimes you have to laugh at the timing of things 😂 😂

Ian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Well I was happy with £40 all in from Germany seeing as some people have these up for sale at £60 to £80 which I wasn't prepared to pay, so I looked for ages for the right price

then as my German parcel lands on the mat this morning I get an email from Hiroboy saying they are back in stock at £29.98 😞 you can't make it up can you

Still I've got one now which was the main exercise, sometimes you have to laugh at the timing of things 😂 😂

Ian

Buy one of those as well before they sell out. In a year you can flog it on for £80 👌🏼 💷

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

Buy one of those as well before they sell out. In a year you can flog it on for £80 👌🏼 💷

Knowing my luck,  I'd buy one just before the Chinese buy the moulds and flood the market selling them all for a tenner  😂

Went browsing online the other day looking for this

s-l1600.jpg

Whilst looking , I came across this , which I never knew existed :

s-l1600-V2.jpg

I found the Greased Lightning for a reasonable price at Creative Models , but they didn't seem to have the 53 Chevy until I found one in the damaged boxes section .  They both turned up yesterday & I was delighted to find the Chevy's box was only slightly crumpled . 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I received my Mini Moke,

a new kit from mbdesignart.

At first sight it looks like a perfect minuature of the original, and I guess the building of this kit will show that the first sight is right. Looks like it will be a pleasant build.

Congratulations to Mark.

Cheers

Marco F

• Like 1

My Tamiya 1/24 Toyota TS050 arrived yesterday. A little bit simplified for the money but a nice kit nonetheless. I was a bit dissapointed in the fact that you cannot make an accurate Le Mans or WEC machine out of the box as Tamiya seem to have scrimped on paying the license fee's for the logo's for the 24 Hrs, WEC and Total as these are missing from the decal sheet.

There is a update decal sheet from Blue Stuff that rectifies the deficiencies in the kit decals which I've ordered from Hiroboy.

For a while, I've been adding new kits to the stash at the rate of about 2 new kits for every one built, despite trying not to go overboard. So I'd obviously be a prize pillock to go out and buy another kit wouldn't I?

Oops!

47974406136_b9af43620f_c.jpg

My only defence is that I've been looking at this for a while, and saw this on eBay for a (very) good price and had enough Nectar points hanging around so had to buy it - it's in the Cars-which-share-a-name-and-not-much-else-with-one-I've-owned-in-real-life category.

Now to see if I can get through the rest of the year without any more purchases...

• Like 1

@Spiny I have told myself to only buy a new model once I finish one. It worked for a while but now I am back to my old sins. In my defense I have sold quite a few models recently that I have realized I will never build.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

@Spiny I have told myself to only buy a new model once I finish one.

Yes, I tried that too, for a while it even worked... A short while 🙂 I have now limited my stash by limiting the available cupboard space, that seems to work haha

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dbostream said:

@Spiny I have told myself to only buy a new model once I finish one. It worked for a while but now I am back to my old sins. In my defense I have sold quite a few models recently that I have realized I will never build.

[Pics of 2 MGs and an Alfa]

Of course you realise that's not helping posting up 3 models which keep catching me eye whenever I look at a shop :winkgrin:

7 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Yes, I tried that too, for a while it even worked... A short while 🙂 I have now limited my stash by limiting the available cupboard space, that seems to work haha

That was working for me, but with the GP I've moved on top of the cupboard - need to find somewhere else out of sight...

19 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I rearranged the models in my cupboard and unfortunately it now has more room for models... 🙂

• Haha 3