What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

OK so these 2 will be the last additions to my stash for a while... is what I'm saying now 😋 ....  Like the Mercedes a couple of weeks ago, I bought this pair on a second-hand site as well. New in box, and for a reasonable price too, when compared to prices on ebay. 

I've added them to the back of my stash and they will be staying there for now, I want to have some more kits under my belt before starting on this lovely pair. 

41791757374_5e559cee1b_z.jpg

41612217375_3d89a0584c_z.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Finally managed to bag these two kits, both with the excellent Shunko Models decals in the box. I think that's my good luck done for the year 😌.

tumblr_pajc6fuERv1xxqk0so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pajc6fuERv1xxqk0so2_1280.jpg

All the best.

• Like 2

New to modelling & Britmodeller, kept looking at different models and mentioning how I’d like to do them... so was bought the Tamiya 1966 Beetle Kit for my birthday as I used to have one... and have got a bit carried away from there. I’ve since bought the Italeri Porsche 928 S4 & the Tamiya Porsche 959... and have just been given the Revell 1965 Ford Mustang fastback for Father’s Day 

think I better start building some before I get even more carried away and run out of room!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chris Taglialavore said:

think I better start building some before I get even more carried away and run out of room!

Join the club - there's more than a few of us with that problem! :wink:

:welcome: to  the forums too!

Keith

Another Aoshima Toyota 86 kit, this one the 2016 body. I bought the kit for the engine (going to add a cast copy to my GReddy/Rocket Bunny version) as well as because the car on the box art has the most amazing powder blue wheels. Just love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up the other day at Affinity Models in Stoke

HEMICUDA.jpg

I expected it to be similar to the old Monogram 71 Hemi Cuda , but it seems to be a much more recent tool , copyrighted 2013 .  Really nice kit

• Like 1

It is a nice kit. Mine had a (very) slightly warped bonnet, but the main bit to watch out for is the rear valance. Other than that, it goes together nicely and makes a good looking model - a good buy on your part.

15 hours ago, Spiny said:

It is a nice kit. Mine had a (very) slightly warped bonnet, but the main bit to watch out for is the rear valance. Other than that, it goes together nicely and makes a good looking model - a good buy on your part.

Thanks for the info .  What's the problem with the rear valence ?

8 hours ago, rs2man said:

Thanks for the info .  What's the problem with the rear valence ?

Going to go with what I wrote at the time since it was fresh in my head (or maybe I'm just being lazy:smile:😞

"The rear valance just doesn't seem quite right. It has to be added on after the body has been mated to the chassis, but the hollows to accommodate the rear cart springs are slightly too wide apart. I hollowed them out further to get it to fit a little bit better, but didn't dare go any further in case I went through the plastic. So it doesn't sit quite right (only by about 0.5mm, but it's enough) and that has meant that the exhausts don't quite go in right either. At least being below the bumper, it's only noticeable if you go looking for it."

The pic below is probably the one I have which shows it best - the valance just sits a bit proud of the rest of the body. Probably nothing a skilled modeller couldn't fix, it's just that I'm not a particularly skilled modeller... Of course I may have just messed up the rear suspension, but I think that's one bit I got right.

39695505280_2f51ffe768_k.jpg

It's not a big issue, and the rest of the kit is pretty good so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Finally managed to get myself one of my favourite cars of all time, a 1989 Jiotto Caspita. The real car was a neat bit of kit, all carbon fibre with a Formula 1 derived Subaru V-10 engine and those fancy electronic front/rear spoilers.

tumblr_pc2siuc8ol1xxqk0so1_1280.jpg

All the best.

• Like 3

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Couple of new additions :) 

First up this newly released GMC pickup... I kind of like the new pickups etc that are coming out again like the Jeep Honcho and the Suburban. 

This one is suitably decked out with big tyres and a gun rack :) Something that's a bit on the naff side is that the camo scheme depicted on the box comes in the form of decals.... Clearly, they think car modellers cant paint their own camo :) 

resized_0df5ca19-02f3-4d92-b9a5-6ad3c804

Next up is this Volvo 240 from Beemax. Whats not to like :) 

resized_55003b51-bb34-4a5e-8d71-a329b479

And lastly this 73 Porsche RS from Fujimi

I've been on the look out for an earlyish 911 for some time, and this one fits the bill, has an engine and quite nicely detailed 

resized_f17a4c6a-7a64-44d4-b37b-3689815b

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just went looking for this thread & was amazed to find it's nearly 2 months since any of us fessed up to buying anything .

Anyway , recently I've acquired 2 of the Emhar Bedford lorries - the long wheelbase tanker & the short wheelbase recovery truck .  Both seem like really nice kits .  I also picked up an old boxing of the 1/43 Heller Renault 4CV , which is a delightful little thing & reminded me just how nice those little Heller kits really are . Finally , I bought a 1/24 Heller Renault 8 Gordini .  This is a typical older Heller tooling in that it seems nicely moulded but it's just a trifle odd in that a fair amount of it is moulded in soft vinyl .  I can live with the seats , but the rollcage & exhaust manifold are definitely going to need replacement .  Still , where else are you going to get a Renault 8 Gordini ?

em2403.jpg

em2404.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

80700-renault-r8-gordini-1-24-heller.jpg

• Like 2