What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Au contraire @Rob G, I happen to agree with you.  Soulless slab of a car.  Turn it into something incongruous, like a beach buggy.  Doors off, roll bars, big wheels, flared arches, fat tyres, lairy paint job.  There you go, that'll be £500 design consultancy, payable in used beer tokens.   :evil_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Turn it into a Chrysler Crossfire, like the real thing? 😜

best,

M.

I agree 100% , convert it to a crossfire.!!!

If I remeber right  "Jimmy Flintstone " offer a resinbody.

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Turn it into a Chrysler Crossfire, like the real thing? 😜

best,

M.

There's a brand that I may dislike more than Merceedees... hmm (I'll have to look up the Crossfire).

Edit: I looked. Now, I may need to have my eyes surgically removed. That thing is almost as hideous as the new Corvette.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rob G said:

There's a brand that I may dislike more than Merceedees... hmm (I'll have to look up the Crossfire).

Edit: I looked. Now, I may need to have my eyes surgically removed. That thing is almost as hideous as the new Corvette.

Ok, if you think so...

I own a 2004 roadster...it's a good car. 

You have the 6 cyl engine and if you lower the stance and have some good wheels and tires, this car give you a lot of fun. 

The Design is much more interesting as compared to the 1.mk slk. 

May be that's the reason why never a mk2 Crossfire was never released...

At least Mercedes just bought Chrysler jto get more present on the american market and to get financial Benefiz...

Similar thing was the deal with BMW and Rover....just acting like a domestic manufacturer , secure a brand and get a lot of money back just bcs of the tax laws. 

At least, to appreciate a design or not, is always a indivisual descion...

I love my crossfire 

Marco F 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

I love my crossfire 

I have to admit I had no idea the Crossfire was based on a Merc platform, but I have to say I always really liked the styling of it, esprcially the 'strakes' on the bonnet! And tbh I don't know one Merc from another, but there's no mistaking a Crossfire! 

Keith

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spiny said:

As for what to do with the model, how about this for a quick and easy build? (a pink one if you don't want to follow the link).

If the colour wasn't bad enough, those wheels..... :sick:

An F1 car was in the stash bucket list so this little beauty turned up!

spacer.png

I wasn't too fussed about which F1 I got apart from no Ferraris as I didn't want another red car! 😄. I did try to win a Renault R23 but lost out. However this will do nicely. Decals look really good. Lots of clean up required on the kit though but nothing that can't be sorted out.

Nick

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

@Sabrejet excellent choices, the Cunningham C4RK is right up my street.  There are a few very tempting kits in the Profil24 range.

The C4RK is one of my favourite race cars: gloriously, quirkily ugly, but handsome at the same time. It's also the only car designed by Wunibald Kamm of 'Kamm tail' fame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vesa Jussila said:

@Sabrejet something that I need to order too. Cunningham is something missing from my collection.

I have a real soft spot for Cunninghams, having seen a few of the road cars and a number of the racers too. Those road cars are so delicately attractive while the racers (the C4 and C4RK in particular) are anything but. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 17:46, Windy37 said:

A nice thing to greet me when I arrived home from work . Another Buy It Now bargain off three day . 

Gary .

Did you have to say that about Buy It Now bargains? As a direct result I decided I'd have a look to see what was around and my stash-reduction programme has taken a hit.😬

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

Did you have to say that about Buy It Now bargains? As a direct result I decided I'd have a look to see what was around and my stash-reduction programme has taken a hit.😬

Better still the seller made me an offer I really couldn't ignore  🤣

Gary .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spiny said:

my stash-reduction programme has taken a hit

No no. It had merely be put on hold whilst you consider whether buying models as a long term investment is a good idea.

Nick

• Haha 1

These arrived in the post today!

I thought that my Pennzoil r34 looked lonely on the shelf so I thought I'd get it a friend. I also got a bending tool. I saw that there's a 2jz engine kit which is tempting to do up the engine bay with, however - this motor had a 3S-GT from the Celica (which was tuned to 500bhp)spacer.png

• Like 7