What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Reading some old issues of SMi magazine, I blame the car reviewer (his name?) for these dragster buys!

Always thought to buy kits like this 33 years ago, but never did.

spacer.png

And the Quaker State, i really like this Buick shape. With some fresh Powerslide decals to replace the kit's.

spacer.png

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, seanrx said:

And the Quaker State, i really like this Buick shape. With some fresh Powerslide decals to replace the kit's.

That Buick has a really nice aggressive shark-nose front like a BMW 635Csi or a Mitsubishi Legnum.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

SE Finecast 1/24 Rover V8. I haven't opened the bags yet, but it from the transmission, it looks like it's the "Morgan Plus 8" incarnation rather than the MGB version of the kit. Though I can see that it has fans and radiators for either, the air cleaner is definitely the one at the top.... which is good because it's the same set-up as a Rover SD1, which is also a possible destination for this lump. There are over 50 parts in the kit, all beautifully detailed and cast (it's the same folks who made the RR Silver Ghost I did a couple of years back). It'll be fun building (and wiring) this iconic engine, and then figuring out what to put around it...

best,

M.

It's a well made little kit, builds up very nicely. I used it a few years ago in a Heller TE-20.

6 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

No WIP-thread I'm afraid, only two pics in my 2017 Yearbook.

I think my engine kit came with two different transmissions.

Very nice ones for 2017,  at that time I didn't know that the britmodeller.com was existing,  thanks a lot for the freshup. 

I like the  drag-tor,  @cmatthewbacon

invited this class to me, it's a great idea. 

The modded CV15 is another fantastic Kustom 

Marco F 

• Like 1

A bit of a spending spree at the weekend resulted in these two items to add to my Safari Rally cars collection .

I’ve been trying to secure this kit for ages , but always makes big money . Strangely , this was reasonably priced . Very detailed , it may get built one day . 

52637493255_7b36c0edd5_c_d.jpg

This was one of my 90s builds , again bought for a good price , I couldn’t resist ….

52637048116_9660553371_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 13

Thanks to a suggestion from a forum member, this arrived this morning from Dmodelkits in Portugal.

52647693282_a39dc2bb79_b.jpg

It’ll bypass the stash straight to the model bench as I’ve been trying to get hold of a NextGen to the UK since the summer.

• Like 5

The last item to make up a family scenario

a 1/43 double axle car trailer from K&R Replicas

s-l500.jpg

We sometimes transport our Austin 7 Ulster to events on a similar trailer.

Now I have the trailer, the Austin and the BMW car which gets hijacked for the towing

When I build the trailer I'll have to remember to put all the dents and scrapes on it

But how do I replicate the seized up road wheel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the bay, spares or repairs, Airfix Ferrari 250LM in a red stripe box. Instructions but no decals.

Missing one front wheel, rear axle, one front stub axle and three springs. Part assembled with tube glue which has attacked the headlights & top of the screen.

What to do? TET has helped to disassemble the kit & hopefully I can polish the screen. Meantime, I'm open to sensible offers if you NEED this kit.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 00:56, TimJ said:

Nice. I've been thinking of getting a NextGen for a while now. 

A couple of purchases rom last weekend's Bolton show.

52642892611_c1935cb3c7_c.jpgP1060194 by timothy jones, on Flickr

52643329050_898f18dc06_c.jpgP1060193 by timothy jones, on Flickr

That #44, if decals are still ok it builds into a great looking kit. I lost mine in a house move.

The Slixx site still have options for that Pontiac. And only 5$ shipping, bonus.

The Slixx decals I order for my Pontiacs, only five days to arrive, 02 to 07 of Feb.

Flippin quick.

Edited by seanrx
Update
  • Thanks 1

Just couldn't resist this one...

spacer.png

I drooled over this car back in the 1960s and didn't think I'd ever come across a kit of it.  Whilst I prefer larger scale models this looks a fairly simple build and a good subject to practise my airbrushing technique.  It won't matter how many coats it takes to get it right!

£30 from eBay in new condition, that'll do nicely!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

Just couldn't resist this one...

spacer.png

I drooled over this car back in the 1960s and didn't think I'd ever come across a kit of it.  Whilst I prefer larger scale models this looks a fairly simple build and a good subject to practise my airbrushing technique.  It won't matter how many coats it takes to get it right!

£30 from eBay in new condition, that'll do nicely!

I bought one just for the Rader wheels....  😶   The ones in the PL Batmobile are terrible; these are much better.

• Like 1

@Six97s Thanks for the inadvertent tip!  I never knew the Polar Lights Batmobile kits existed, I wish I had when they were available.  I'd love to get my hands on one but the only one I found when searching last night was over 150 squid - far too many beer tokens for me.  I'll keep checking though.

• Like 1