What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Yes! Believe it or not Father Christmas came a day early in the shape of a Yodel courier!

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 13

Well, Santa came up with something interesting today, apparently he had a good look around my stash and thought this would be a nice addition. And it is, I like it 🙂 

20221225075505-7fa0879a-me.jpg

Fits right in with the growing collection of American stuff.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Well, Santa came up with something interesting today, apparently he had a good look around my stash and thought this would be a nice addition. And it is, I like it 🙂 

20221225075505-7fa0879a-me.jpg

Fits right in with the growing collection of American stuff.

Nice! I built that one as a kid in the mid 70's. Brush painted the red with Humbrol 19. I thought it looked great.

• Like 2

Hm, I've been in here quite a bit recently. And I've got another one on the way.... 

Anyway, I've had my eye on this kit for quite some time, the 356 is my favourite Porsche. But this kit is quite expensive, usually around €80. However, while I was looking for something else I came across one for €40! Couldn't resist, that's a really good price. 

20221227160008-ca9a0600-me.jpg

My plan is to build this in Go Large Or Go Home GB. 

• Like 11

OK last one for this year 🙂 

20221229161755-57406308-me.jpg

I've built this truck before, I liked it a lot and I wanted to build another one. The kit has recently been re-issued but it's expensive, as are the earlier boxings. This is the original 1979 boxing (which is the one I built earlier) and it has been partly started. The engine has been put together, and the fuel tanks. No problem! It made this kit a lot cheaper, I got it for a really good price. 

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

I've built this truck before, I liked it a lot and I wanted to build another one. The kit has recently been re-issued but it's expensive, as are the earlier boxings. This is the original 1979 boxing (which is the one I built earlier) and it has been partly started. The engine has been put together, and the fuel tanks. No problem! It made this kit a lot cheaper, I got it for a really good price. 

That's one of my favourite trucks,  looking forward to see your result 

Marco F 

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

I have been looking to get this kit for a while but as you say prices are crazy. Maybe one day I find it on sale or I give in, let's see what comes first.

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

I have been looking to get this kit for a while but as you say prices are crazy. Maybe one day I find it on sale or I give in, let's see what comes first.

My patience was rewarded, I'd been looking for it for 2 years! I have some nice PE left over from the first build, because I didn't use it then. This time I will build it nice and shiny though. 

• Like 1

Found these on daBay for a pretty reasonable price. I don't really build outside of 1/24, 1/25, but I have a huge soft spot for the old kit boxes. Love that art work!

They are all complete, with the Rover still in the original bags.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, von Race said:

Found these on daBay for a pretty reasonable price. I don't really build outside of 1/24, 1/25, but I have a huge soft spot for the old kit boxes. Love that art work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Didn't know any of these existed. Nice collection.

17 hours ago, von Race said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

I've sourced the Morris, although it says 1:40 I think it works out at about 1:37 scale.  Still looking for the others but never that successful.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 13:25, PatW said:

Yes! Believe it or not Father Christmas came a day early in the shape of a Yodel courier!

photo-vi.jpg

Being a Yodel courier , I'd think it's more likely he was 364 days late for last Christmas 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/12/2022 at 15:23, JeroenS said:

Always loved the style of box art on this era of Heller kits, as they always looked more like prints of the subject matter, rather than just the packaging to a product due to how the images are kept clear of text.  

I've done very little building in 2022, too many other things to keep busy with.  But to spur me on for 2023 I picked this up from my local hobby shop.  Been after it for a while :) Not sure whether to go with the box art colour which I do love, or metallic lime green.  I've always wanted a real one, and about 20 years ago (when it was impractical an unafforable for me) a used car lot next to where I worked had a lifted lime green one on big tyres just like this one for sale...

MUVnFoU.jpg

• Like 11

I recently watched the entire wangan midnight series again and decided another R32 couldn’t hurt, so a stock tamiya R32 arrived and is now undergoing full Reina treatment, it’ll be modeled after her white car on BBS LMs

• Like 3

I had some points on Jadlam which were about to expire so I used them as part payment to buy an Aoshima 1/43  BTF 1 DeLorean

apihwr1ak__59139.1638272353.520.520.jpg?

I'll build this one mostly oob, with any improvements needed to make it a better model car rather than a toy.

I'll also check it over to see if it can be built without all that equipment to build a standard DMC12

I think I might get the Part 2 and Part 3 cars as well sometime in the future, or the past future  :blink:  :shrug:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 03/01/2023 at 01:15, HoolioPaulio said:

I've done very little building in 2022, too many other things to keep busy with.  But to spur me on for 2023 I picked this up from my local hobby shop.  Been after it for a while :) Not sure whether to go with the box art colour which I do love, or metallic lime green.  I've always wanted a real one, and about 20 years ago (when it was impractical an unaffordable for me) a used car lot next to where I worked had a lifted lime green one on big tyres just like this one for sale...

Oooh, I reckon it would look a treat in metallic lime green!  Just sayin'...  :please:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rover-V8.jpg

SE Finecast 1/24 Rover V8. I haven't opened the bags yet, but it from the transmission, it looks like it's the "Morgan Plus 8" incarnation rather than the MGB version of the kit. Though I can see that it has fans and radiators for either, the air cleaner is definitely the one at the top.... which is good because it's the same set-up as a Rover SD1, which is also a possible destination for this lump. There are over 50 parts in the kit, all beautifully detailed and cast (it's the same folks who made the RR Silver Ghost I did a couple of years back). It'll be fun building (and wiring) this iconic engine, and then figuring out what to put around it...

best,

M.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

rover-V8.jpg

SE Finecast 1/24 Rover V8. I haven't opened the bags yet, but it from the transmission, it looks like it's the "Morgan Plus 8" incarnation rather than the MGB version of the kit. Though I can see that it has fans and radiators for either, the air cleaner is definitely the one at the top.... which is good because it's the same set-up as a Rover SD1, which is also a possible destination for this lump. There are over 50 parts in the kit, all beautifully detailed and cast (it's the same folks who made the RR Silver Ghost I did a couple of years back). It'll be fun building (and wiring) this iconic engine, and then figuring out what to put around it...

best,

M.

That looks great . I never knew that was available .  Did you get it direct from SE Finecast ? 

Looking at your pic , the inlet manifold seems a suitable shape for a 4-barrel Holley and a round air filter to sit on top , which would make it suitable for a variety of British hotrods and custom cars .  It would look great in the Revell Ford Anglia for example , much better than the Sierra V6 I'd been thinking about putting in mine .