Jump to content

What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?


shood23

Recommended Posts

More by luck than skill I have managed to fill one of the harder to find at the right price gaps in my F1 collection. A Benetton B192 for €39 plus €15 post and packing from Sweden. Listed  as an OBemetton 192 so a lot of people searching wouldn't have found it. I'll post some pics when it arrives 😁

Great end to the weekend after I made £170 on a couple of kits and an old RC car on ebay as well. 

Ian 😁

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dbostream said:

I like this generation of the 911, have the coupe as well.

 

spacer.png

Some years back the 996 generation of the 911 wasn’t exactly the most loved one in the Porsche community, but I think they are finding more interest now where any other 911 model have become financially out of reach for most “normal” people. I’m glad you like it too. 

 

Make sure to do a build thread please, it’s always good to follow another 911 build! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning all

 

Decided to treat myself...😁. I've been very tempted to get one of those ever since I saw plasmo build one 

 

spacer.png

 

I went for the roadster just because you can see the interior. I've added the detail up set from hobby design as well. This is going to go right up to the top of the build list along with the testarossa (my builds next year). Very tempted to use rosso letto and as colour for this.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Some years back the 996 generation of the 911 wasn’t exactly the most loved one in the Porsche community, but I think they are finding more interest now where any other 911 model have become financially out of reach for most “normal” people. I’m glad you like it too. 

 

Make sure to do a build thread please, it’s always good to follow another 911 build! 

I can imagine it is not the most desirable 911. I like the rather simple design and that it is not extreme in any way.

 

The latest 911 generation looks really good too, saw one for the first time IRL the other day. Wish it was available as a model kit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dbostream said:

The latest 911 generation looks really good too, saw one for the first time IRL the other day. Wish it was available as a model kit.

I wish too !! That (the latest model 992), and the generation before that (991). We’ll just have to wait then … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dbostream said:

I can imagine it is not the most desirable 911. I

 

The main problem with the 996 (& early Boxters) as I recall was major problems with engine failures - not what you'd expect from Porsche engineering!

 

Keith

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20220801-224633.jpg

 

This arrived today.  Can't say I'm over-impressed - there's a distinct lack of detail for something costing over 130 quid .  There aren't even any plug leads and the whole thing looks like a 1/24 scale kit made 3 times bigger .  To make matters worse , whoever packed the kit has included two of the chrome sprues containing the dashboard , brake servo , headlamp buckets etc but failed to include the other chrome sprue with the wheels on it . 

I've emailed Revell UK about the missing sprue , so we'll see what they have to say .

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rs2man said:

 the whole thing looks like a 1/24 scale kit made 3 times bigger .

 

Yeah, as discussed in another thread, that's pretty much what it is.    Plenty of scope for detailing though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Six97s said:

 

Yeah, as discussed in another thread, that's pretty much what it is.    Plenty of scope for detailing though...

I think this is the case for many of the old big scale kits from Revell/Monogram. I have a few in 1/12 that are the same not exactly Tamiya level. I knew this before buying them though. As you say it is up to us to add the detailing. But if you are not aware of this I can understand if you get disappointed when you open the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 21:39, Stef N. said:

Had a day out in Bury St. Edmunds and picked this up at the wonderful Model Junction. I could have spent an absolute fortune but stayed disciplined.

 

spacer.png

 

When I get around to it I am going to base it on one I saw on Kindig Customs.

I started this kit and although it is a good one the tyres are a let down. Large sprue attachments, poorly alligned moulding and a white wall which I want rid of. So, as some of you are far more knowledgeable, a few questions:

 

Is there any company out there that make good replacements?

 

or, what paint is best for spraying onto rubber?

 

and, does anyone produce decals for pinstriping wheels?

 

Cheers for any help.👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I started this kit and although it is a good one the tyres are a let down. Large sprue attachments, poorly alligned moulding and a white wall which I want rid of. So, as some of you are far more knowledgeable, a few questions:

 

Is there any company out there that make good replacements?

 

or, what paint is best for spraying onto rubber?

 

and, does anyone produce decals for pinstriping wheels?

 

Cheers for any help.👍

 

 

I'll have to dig mine out for a look, I didn't think they were that bad.   Rather than painting over it, you can probably wipe the white off with isopropyl alcohol.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently I bought an Airfix 1/43 Pagani Huayra

Airfix%201-43%20Pagani%20Huayra,%2001-M.

 

I liked the look of its parts and went and bought the 1/43 Bugatti Chiron. I'm still awaiting delivery of it

I'll get the 1/43 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 when it comes out

 

For an up-coming GB on the ATF I've bought in 2,  thats two,  1/43 Jaguar XJS. 

Jaguar%20XJS,%2001-M.jpg

 

Watch this space

I'm on a 1/43 cars notion right now

So many spares for diecasts can be fitted to the kits

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

. . .  and a white wall which I want rid of. 

. . . 

Cheers for any help.👍

Can you just turn the tyres around ? eg, outside to inside

I did that on a few cars, (even real ones)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Can you just turn the tyres around ? eg, outside to inside

I did that on a few cars, (even real ones)

They have a wedge so you can only do it one side, unless I carve out the wedge. That could go wrong.😬😀

 

1 hour ago, Six97s said:

 

I'll have to dig mine out for a look, I didn't think they were that bad.   Rather than painting over it, you can probably wipe the white off with isopropyl alcohol.

Thanks. I have no Iso so I tried a couple of products and it looks like Mr Thinner works. Leaves a hint of residue but I'm sure I can fix that with something.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as a lot of you have already gathered, I've had a long term goal of getting the full set of Tamiya F1 kits to build. I've not gone totally loopy having to have the clear cowl and the normal kit,as long as I have one or the other of them I just want to build one of each of the cars to display. As I've been getting rid of all my aircraft and aftermarket stuff as well over the last few months, it's been fairly self financining as well, but I've still stuck to my guns of not paying through the nose for the kits, as if you are patient, they will come round eventually. After these pair of beauties, I've only got 2 more to get, one is in negotiation and the other is a fairly common one, but just not at the minute, sods law I suppose. Need to start building again when it cools down, MP4/8 is currently on the bench, will start a WIP soon :) 

20220814_125228

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible that I may have got a little carried away with adding to the stash, just bought my second kit of the year... And I'm sure that the subject matter will come as no surprise as I've not exactly hidden that I've been waiting for this one to become available.

 

52288156768_c88b24bea7_b.jpg

 

First impression is that it looks a bit odd with a big flat infill to the engine bay, a result of the kit just needing the top of the engine building to show through the bonnet slats. Second impression is that despite the Sunny/Pulsar not being a big car, and despite no engine, there are a lot of parts here - the box is pretty much full.

 

It looks good, and I'm looking forward to when I finally get around to build it. Trouble is there's three to four years' of stash to get through first.:D

 

Not sure whether the Hasegawa container has got stuck out at sea or in port somewhere waiting to be offloaded, but I was under the impression it was due out Q2 of this year. We're not halfway through Q3 and still nothing on my usual sites. But I happened to have £30 of Amazon gift cards buyable with my credit card reward points, and this came up on Amazon at £30.02 and free delivery. Using man-maths, that's a mere 2p for the kit - how could I refuse? :)

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to my local hobby shop on lunch for a new paint brush, but they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock.  I didn't want to waste the journey, and this was sat on the shelf calling to me.  Another one off my wishlist added to the stash

 

qi4M8qj.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently purchased the latest Ducati from Pocher, and pre-ordered the Legrand Mercedes 300 slr Uhlenhaut which hopefully comes end of this year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Spiny said:

It's possible that I may have got a little carried away with adding to the stash, just bought my second kit of the year... And I'm sure that the subject matter will come as no surprise as I've not exactly hidden that I've been waiting for this one to become available.

 

52288156768_c88b24bea7_b.jpg

 

First impression is that it looks a bit odd with a big flat infill to the engine bay, a result of the kit just needing the top of the engine building to show through the bonnet slats. Second impression is that despite the Sunny/Pulsar not being a big car, and despite no engine, there are a lot of parts here - the box is pretty much full.

 

It looks good, and I'm looking forward to when I finally get around to build it. Trouble is there's three to four years' of stash to get through first.:D

 

Not sure whether the Hasegawa container has got stuck out at sea or in port somewhere waiting to be offloaded, but I was under the impression it was due out Q2 of this year. We're not halfway through Q3 and still nothing on my usual sites. But I happened to have £30 of Amazon gift cards buyable with my credit card reward points, and this came up on Amazon at £30.02 and free delivery. Using man-maths, that's a mere 2p for the kit - how could I refuse? :)

 

There’s so much good stuff on its way , but just when it gets to these shores is anybodies guess …..

Gary 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

sat on the shelf calling to me.

I saw one in a village near Boston this morning. Front garden, on axle stands, No rear axle. Been there quite a while. :sad:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...