What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

A couple more recently delivered by the postie:

y4mFJW4bSQ8ZmdQ62woPGLGrXJCNkrRmLcoGbV2E

This is to complement the Jägermeister version, that I bought recently. This is getting quite hard to find as Revell don't list it on their web-site any more.

This was a lucky strike after some web-trawling...

If I buy the Martini Version. I'll have the set. (Maybe next year...:))

y4mk6xUFuF5_S37_Y94eUB34SO7YRKEOuYz5Hp0E

This represents a much later version of the 911. The suspension at the rear, for example, is quite different from earlier versions.

I do have a soft spot for Porsches. 

I fancy the 959 as well, plus a few more of the better 'Enthusiast' series Fujimi porkers...

Cheers,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Fumble-fingers!
  • Like 4

I saw this one on the second hand site this week. It had already been on there for a couple of days, the price was very good and there were no serious biddings yet. I mean, €15 for this? No. Seller had not responded to that. So I took the bait and it was mine. Normally these things are gone almost the minute they're posted so I guess I got lucky. Maybe everybody had already spent their money on black friday stuff.

20200207184608-78437aee.jpg

I now have 2 of these :think:

I also have a great little book on the Krupp and it's full of different versions so now I can convert 2 of them 🙂 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Alan R said:

I have been looking at these amazing devices myself, but haven't pushed the button, yet. :)

Cheers,

Alan.

There are two versions on the KingKit site!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Really looking forward to what you do with them

/P

I hope you are a patient man... but I'll get around to them eventually. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alan R said:

A couple more recently delivered by the postie:

y4mFJW4bSQ8ZmdQ62woPGLGrXJCNkrRmLcoGbV2E

This is to complement the Jägermeister version, that I bought recently. This is getting quite hard to find as Revell don't list it on their web-site any more.

This was a lucky strike after some web-trawling...

If I buy the Martini Version. I'll have the set. (Maybe next year...:))

y4mk6xUFuF5_S37_Y94eUB34SO7YRKEOuYz5Hp0E

This represents a much later version of the 911. The suspension at the rear, for example, is quite different from earlier versions.

I do have a soft spot for Porsches. 

I fancy the 959 as well, plus a few more of the better 'Enthusiast' series Fujimi porkers...

Cheers,

Alan.

Not wishing to tempt you to part with more cash but Jumblies has the Martini version for quite a good price. And talking of Martini I was tempted to buy this fine looking decal set. Should build into an attractive bike. One day.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I just 'won' on ebay a 1/43 South Eastern Finecast Austin 7 Ulster white metal kit

I really did not want to 'win' it. I 'bid' much too much for it. I was hoping some other muggins would out bid me for it

I got it for 80% of rrp so its not all bad

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This ain't a kit but I thought I'd share it with fellow petrol-heads

We, my family, are Austineers, we like Austin 7s, especially the two-seat Tourer known as the 'Ulster', cos we have two. 

Thus I like to buy things of A7s and the Ulster in particular - see post above

I came across this and thought it odd so I bought one; a postage stamp issued by Puntland of Somalia featuring an Austin 7 Ulster. It seems it was issued about 2010 and Puntland have issued a whole range of stamps featuring various vintage and classic cars. Other countries have done so as well but Puntland doesn't come to mind very speedily

The stamps are very cheap. I think I see me reviving my old childhood hobby of stamp collecting!

s-l400.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

This ain't a kit but I thought I'd share it with fellow petrol-heads

We, my family, are Austineers, we like Austin 7s, especially the two-seat Tourer known as the 'Ulster', cos we have two. 

Thus I like to buy things of A7s and the Ulster in particular - see post above

Depending on how much scratch building you are prepared to do, have you seen the Heller 1:24 BMW Dixi kit?  I've often thought that it would be a good basis for converting back to its origins:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-700-bmw-dixi--994897

I have one somewhere in my stash, so could send some pics of the parts if that's of interest?

(Btw, that's the first time I've seen an A7 Ulster described as a tourer!!)

Edited by Paul H

59 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Depending on how much scratch building you are prepared to do, have you seen the Heller 1:24 BMW Dixi kit?  I've often thought that it would be a good basis for converting back to its origins:

. . . 

(Btw, that's the first time I've seen an A7 Ulster described as a tourer!!)

Unfortunately the 'Dixi' is a mirrored A7. It'll take a lot of work to make into an A7, even the chassis is mirrored. I have a kit to finish

I do have a couple of East German Austin 7 kits though. One might get a scratch built body and 'Ulster' gubbins

Officially the 'Ulster' was only the factory 4 racing cars, the works-replicas (about 330 afair) were 'two seat tourers'

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Unfortunately the 'Dixi' is a mirrored A7. It'll take a lot of work to make into an A7, even the chassis is mirrored. I have a kit to finish

I do have a couple of East German Austin 7 kits though. One might get a scratch built body and 'Ulster' gubbins

Officially the 'Ulster' was only the factory 4 racing cars, the works-replicas (about 330 afair) were 'two seat tourers'

One of my favourite things to show people when I'm volunteering at the British Motor Museum is the under bonnet layout of the Austin 7 and then do the same with the museum's BMW DIXI, to demonstrate how it is a mirror image.

As for A7 kits, Southeast Finecast does an Austin 7 but I don't know how easy it would be to chop it about?

I drove an Austin 7 for the first time this year, a 2-seat sort-of Ulster, and absolutely loved it.  Definitely a car to buy when circumstances permit.

• Like 2

I treated myself yesterday.

y4mK0GHA4UlqozSRVqHRxiBv6yCPaA17RbIU0TwZ

Technically it doesn't break my rule about not buying any more kits, because it is to convert one of my existing Aoshima MGBs.  I ordered it with a set of resin V8 alloys, so at some point I hope I'll have a half-convincing MGB GT V8 on my shelf.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

I treated myself yesterday.

y4mK0GHA4UlqozSRVqHRxiBv6yCPaA17RbIU0TwZ

Technically it doesn't break my rule about not buying any more kits, because it is to convert one of my existing Aoshima MGBs.  I ordered it with a set of resin V8 alloys, so at some point I hope I'll have a half-convincing MGB GT V8 on my shelf.

Hi John,  Congratulations that's a nice transkit. I also bought it when it came out and it looks like it's a good one. And with the V8 alloys it should look like a V8GT.

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

For the ones who are more interested in sportier Coupés.... C1 also produce the MGC Sebring GT 

Marco F 

And I'm really struggling to not pre-order one....!! Must stay strong, resist temptation...!! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

And I'm really struggling to not pre-order one....!! Must stay strong, resist temptation...!! 🤣

Keith

I couldn't resist....so  I pre ordered one and it should arrive beginning 2022.  

Marco F 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Hi John,  Congratulations that's a nice transkit. I also bought it when it came out and it looks like it's a good one. And with the V8 alloys it should look like a V8GT.

Marco F 

It also comes with some nice, etched "V8" emblems.  But I thnik it will be a big challenge painting the alloys with the black and silver finish.

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

For the ones who are more interested in sportier Coupés.... C1 also produce the MGC Sebring GT 

Marco F 

OK, seems like I need that in my life.

• Like 2

Oh you bad, bad people… now I’ve gone and pre-ordered the Sebring MGC as well… I do have a fair few of the base kits, mind, thanks to a lucky charity shop pair and a local model shop clearing the Airfix boxed edition for £10 each a few years ago…

best,

M.

• Like 6