What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

8 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Never seen one of those before. Now you need some rare/exotic Japanese cars to put on it.

Have the liberty walk Hakosuka Works built ready, need to pick up some old rap car like

Toyota AE86 Levin

Nissan Leopard Ultima

Nissan Silvia

Datsun 240Z Fairlady

17 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Puzzled by the fact that it has two centre body sections?

I've looked in my box and I only have the one centre section that is packed with the front and rear sections. That all looks intact and no cracks. 

Maybe they saw the cracks during packaging and added a new one, but packaged it badly and cracked the other? 🤔

Are you a member of the facebook group Model kits for less  by MJR models in Bolton as I got mine delivered with the etch pack for less than £50 

Might be worth a look for future reference :) 

Ian

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Are you a member of the facebook group Model kits for less  by MJR models in Bolton as I got mine delivered with the etch pack for less than £50 

That's interesting! I was determined not to get an S4, but cracked after watching an on line review, so have one on the way from e-bay! I was lucky as I had a pile of Nectar points to spend so it came to just over £20 with free post. Haven't made up my mind whether to get the detail set yet....

I just hope it's a few months now till the 6R4 arrives!

K

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

I've looked in my box and I only have the one centre section that is packed with the front and rear sections. That all looks intact and no cracks. 

Maybe they saw the cracks during packaging and added a new one, but packaged it badly and cracked the other? 🤔

Might be worth a look for future reference :) 

Ian

Hi Ian. Thanks for that. So you only have one centre body part packed with the other two parts? Seems like I have a spare one then. The thing is, the one that's packed with the other two sections is fine, no cracks, no damage, perfect. It's the one that's packed on its own that's been squashed and broken on the rear corner. I've just test fitted the main one and it's fine, so I'll probably go with that one when I build it..

I'm not a member on Facebook, but that is a great price you paid £50. I paid £53 delivered, but had to pay £9 extra for vat and Royal Mail charge of £8. So total for all was £70. I also had the etch set as well. I'm seriously looking at any future purchases from the UK to avoid those pesky Royal Mail charges. It used to be cheaper from Japan, but it's shifted back the other way now..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Haven't made up my mind whether to get the Lancia S4 detail set yet....

I just hope it's a few months now till the 6R4 arrives!

I think the detail set is a must. There's no mud flaps in the main kit, but they are in the photo-etch set. I think for what you get in the set it's really worth the extra to do the kit full justice.

I personally think the Metro 6R4 is a while away yet. I don't think we'll  see it till much later in the year, but I could be wrong. There's also the Ford RS200 as well which I think again will be much later this year...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

I personally think the Metro 6R4 is a while away yet. I don't think we'll  see it till much later in the year, but I could be wrong. There's also the Ford RS200 as well which I think again will be much later this year...

I agree with the Metro, don't think we'll see it much before Christmas, and I don't recall which order they announced that and the RS200, but I'm not overly excited by the Ford I must admit. Need to save some of the budget for the Belkits Ascona and 306 Maxi too, the Opel is really top of my wants list, but apparently isn't due until 2020!

Decalcas have also announced a Mk1 Capri RS2600 driven by Rohrl in the Olympia Rally, and if that is a new kit and nothing to do with the old Otaki one, it's another on my must have list! Will it never end....??!!

K

2 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

I'm seriously looking at any future purchases from the UK to avoid those pesky Royal Mail charges

Hi Steve

Glad your kit is ok

Before I was on facebook I used to use MJR by the old fashioned way of ringing up :) they are really helpul genuine guys in the shop that can source most kits and bits that you need. Might be worth giving them a call next time 

https://www.mjrmodelsandhobbies.co.uk/

Ian

photo-th.jpg

Put this here as I can't find the 'what have you bought'...in Military Aircraft.....

photo-th.jpg

Edited by PatW

The bonus queen has been good to me, that and working over Christmas, and the postie brought me (via Kent Models):

1188199-27767-93-pristine.jpg

Naked_Bike_23_a__15177.1477294354.jpg?c=

1007768-27767-60-pristine.jpg

992921-27767-24-pristine.jpg

I know they aren't anything glamorous but I fancied a change, and they were cheap and cheerful with lots of modifying potential. I shall be getting more.

Edited by Chrissy_J
  • Like 1

In my opinion Ayrton Senna was the best F1 driver and was taken way too soon 😞

I have collected most of his cars through his career in the stash and hope to get them all eventually, so it was only right that I got the FW16 as the last one he ever drove, it will be a bitter sweet build when I do it, but hopefully a fitting tribute 

FW16

On 1/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, keefr22 said:

The aircraft (and other!) purchases are usually posted here Pat;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235044359-what-new-stuff-have-you-boughtbeen-gifted/&page=29&tab=comments#comment-3251493

I like the look of the tyres in the RAV4 box art, are the ones in the kit that good?

Keith

Er.....................NO! the tyres have a tread on them but not like the box art! I bought some Mud/Bog tyres last year for a Dakar truck conversion but I think they might well be too big, but I'll try them anyway!

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Thanks Pat, I had the feeling that would be the case!

Keith

And another thing, one of the most recent versions, has a roof rack, bull bar and extra lamps!

photo-th.jpg

But I have a truck kit with bull bars and extra lamps, but will have to scratchbuild a roof rack!

• Like 1

I have been spending like a banana republic dictator's wife in Paris with a new chequebook.... I'm sure this extravagance will come back to bite me on the bum, but what the hell, it's jam today, right?

Bought used from KitsForCash:

129782-10911-pristine.jpg

122880-10911-pristine.jpg

I'm looking for another Lotus in the same scale, that I can modify the heck out of - superdetailed V6 engine, new seats and controls, bigger wheels, the works!

Just missed one on eBay cos I was asleep....

Bought new from Transport Models of Preston (these were in the sale, 20% off):

129780-10911-pristine.jpg

I can't get enough CB750s, they're so easy to modify. The factory custom version has lots of extra bits including the parts you need to build a stock CB900.

1173125-27767-53-pristine.jpg

Bought new from Time Attack on eBay:

1007776-27767-43-pristine.jpg

992926-27767-96-pristine.jpg

Couldn't decide between them, bought 'em both....

Bought new from Hiroboy:

129741-10911-pristine.jpg

I want the factory custom version as well.

104440-10911-pristine.jpg

Looking for the Yamaha FZR750 OW01 too, to make a racing homologation double.

Aaannnndddd.... that's it. For now.

39 minutes ago, Chrissy_J said:

Bought used from KitsForCash:

129782-10911-pristine.jpg

122880-10911-pristine.jpg

I'm looking for another Lotus in the same scale, that I can modify the heck out of - superdetailed V6 engine, new seats and controls, bigger wheels, the works!

The 916 is just like the real thing, delightful (and it's the good looking version, too!) The 7 is just like the real thing, small and very minimalist. I have a (veeerrrryyyy) long-term 7 project on slow burn- Cosworth BDA, twin Webers (or possibly injection, still undecided there), independent rear end, big wheels and P-Zeros. One day... right after I finish the umpty hundred others that are waiting.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chrisrope said:

6 Chargers should be enough......shouldn’t it??

Or should that be 7, forgot the 1/16 scale kit ;)

Only 7? Come on, why stop now? 😈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisrope said:

:facepalm: 

I’m done now I have my Unicorn. 

6 Chargers should be enough......shouldn’t it??

Or should that be 7, forgot the 1/16 scale kit ;)

As to whether 7 is enough , it depends what they are . If one is a 1970 then that may be enough . If they're all 68s and 69s then you need at least one 70 to give you the full set . 

20 minutes ago, rs2man said:

As to whether 7 is enough , it depends what they are . If one is a 1970 then that may be enough . If they're all 68s and 69s then you need at least one 70 to give you the full set . 

33 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Only 7? Come on, why stop now? 😈

Maybe I do need a 70

• Haha 2