What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Well up to now they did 🤣🤣

The only thing that would look good in is the datk with no lights on 

10 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Well up to now they did 🤣🤣

The only thing that would look good in is the datk with no lights on 

Awwww, it has feelings you know.....!! 

Keith

• Haha 1

Not a kit as such , but a transkit from Renaissance to convert Tamiya’s Impreza into a gravel car . Great detailing in these parts and it was ordered from Spotmodels on Sunday evening and arrived , by Royal Mail , today . Great service by all concerned !

53647335238_29a593f6c5_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 5

I've got a 1/12 Doyusha Countach in the stash which comes with the raised 5 holes rims. I much prefer the smooth faced version that the later cars came with so I contacted a vendor (Demon Resin) on eBay and he made some for me. He wanted to do some rims for the Trumpeter 1/12 GT40 and since I had that kit in my stash, I sent the kit wheels and tires to him to use as a template. He sent back a set of wheels for that kit as well 

PXL_20240411_175453195-L.jpg

The best bit was I also sent the rims from my old Tamiya 1/12 MP4/6 kit and he made new tires for that as well as the required spacers to make them fit the kit wheels.

PXL_20240411_175604734-L.jpg

Not only did I get a set of slicks but also a set of rain tires on resin rims so I now have the option of going to either setup.

PXL_20240411_175613599-L.jpg

Compared to the kit tires, this is a huge improvement. Just a bit out of round.

PXL_20240411_180249981-L.jpg

I started the kit back in '93 and the original tires have degraded over time.  Now I stand a better chance of finishing it.

Edited by FG2Si
Fix typo
  • Like 4

It has been a while since I posted in this thread but that is because I haven't been spending much on cars, having achieved my aim of having every 1/32 Airfix car kit. However, I couldn't resist another purchase:

Airfix 1/32 Morris Marina (03405-0)
Marina_2.JPG

I already have one in my stash and the price paid for that one was the most I have ever paid for a kit. This boxing was almost £30 cheaper than the other one so I couldn't resist it. As Airfix damaged the original moulds for this kit and it can never be produced again, the price of these kits will increase over time. Even so, I intend to make this one.

Dave

• Like 4

Just bought these 3 to add to the ever growing stash. The sf70h also have full s27 carbon and the f2008 has the full decals for the ciggy logos 

The 550 is IMHO one of the best looking ferraris made and to have a lemans/gt version just made it better.

20240412_194934

SN

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PatW said:

I just hope the decals are 100%!

If not, give me a shout, I'm pretty sure I still have a set of those decals as I did mine in the Bastos red scheme

Ian :) 

Thanks Redstaff I'll keep your offer in mind! Where did you get the Bastos decals from? I used similar on a Porsche 911.

3 hours ago, PatW said:

Thanks Redstaff I'll keep your offer in mind! Where did you get the Bastos decals from? I used similar on a Porsche 911.

No problems, can't remember to be honest. Maybe Spot model or Ebay?

But they weren't Bastos decals, they were Lancia Chardonnet now I've had a look back on my builds 🙄

20200506_165936_resized

• Like 1