What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

13 hours ago, Neddy said:

@Six97s Thanks for the inadvertent tip!  I never knew the Polar Lights Batmobile kits existed, I wish I had when they were available.  I'd love to get my hands on one but the only one I found when searching last night was over 150 squid - far too many beer tokens for me.  I'll keep checking though.

How much 😳

Five years ago I paid £19.00

51184513485_9dd0a6ee72_c.jpg

• Like 1

More towards scratch building..

Just delivered by UPS from Holland,  4 Shapeways 3D printed, TRAX or two pairs as is the case, in 1/24-1/25 scale in white stiff plastic. I can now try to find the vehicle to fit them to, be it a Jeep, Smart Car or Meyers Manx!

photo2-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

What a clot1 I've just realised that these are upside down!  The largest wheel in the pack is the driven wheel from an axle!

• Like 5

Won this on the swedish ebay. Said it had never been opened unfortunately that was not true. Both the MGB and DB5 have been started and the DB5's body is crushed. Don't think I will even try to fix it the rest of the kit looks quite bad anyway. The MGB looks salvageable though. At least the E-Type was still sealed. Fortunately I didn't pay much for the kits.

I haven't checked the state of the paint and glue. :)

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 15/02/2023 at 10:54, PatW said:

More towards scratch building..

Just delivered by UPS from Holland,  4 Shapeways 3D printed, TRAX or two pairs as is the case, in 1/24-1/25 scale in white stiff plastic. I can now try to find the vehicle to fit them to, be it a Jeep, Smart Car or Meyers Manx!

photo2-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

What a clot1 I've just realised that these are upside down!  The largest wheel in the pack is the driven wheel from an axle!

I would have thought the three smaller wheels would be in contact with the ground.  Then at the top you have the driven wheel and an idler.  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Six97s said:

I would have thought the three smaller wheels would be in contact with the ground.  Then at the top you have the driven wheel and an idler.  🤷‍♂️

Yes As I said I photo'd them upside down Dur!

The latest arrival down on the farm is a Monogram 1964 Ford Mustang soft top.

IMG-20230225-191516.jpg

It didn’t come to me with the Indy decals, lowering the price a bit to what seems to be a reasonable sub twenty quid kit. How times have changed!

I have a Fred Cady sheet that will cover the missing sheet, and I’m happy enough with that. The Cady sheet is well over twenty years old now, dating it pretty much in line with the kit, which is from 1995.

IMG-20230225-191542.jpg

Two reasons for me getting the kit.

One, I don’t have an early ragtop. Two, the stock hubcaps might well come in handy for a build or two. Resin moulding can be a wonderful thing.

The kit might be a builder; it might be a keeper. I swing both ways.

It’s a collector kit, right up until I decide it’s time to build the mother.

If it turns into a builder, I’m going to have to deal with a bit of very poor moulding.

Both front fenders have totally unacceptable sink marks at the forward edge. Monogram were well known for their first class moulding right from day one. How things got this bad is a sign of company moral at the time I guess. The kit was issued around the time of the Revell merger. The two camps were not necessarily on the same side at the time.

IMG-20230225-191647.jpg

An interesting take on providing white band tires was provided on the instruction sheet. Not exactly explained very clearly, but a fair stab at solving a problem the kit manufacturer should really have done for you. It might even work!

IMG-20230225-191714.jpg

One for the stash for now. It could well be built at some point.

• Like 10

I can't recall who it was on this forum mentioned C1 Models but when I saw they do a Spectre Defender I had to pick one up. 

i-k5w3qQV-L.jpg

i-rrDdSCH-L.jpg

It took a bit to arrive from the UK , almost to the point where I forgot about it. So far, I'm a happy camper. Now to find a suitable engine. 

Carl

• Like 7

I’ve also had a C1 kit delivered,it’s the MGC ,the one made famous on here! It’s beautifully made but has no instructions,I don’t know if it supposed to or not. Mine took a few weeks to arrive but I was told about this. Do they make them to order? Or print? Very happy to get this transkit.

Chris.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

I’ve also had a C1 kit delivered,it’s the MGC ,the one made famous on here! It’s beautifully made but has no instructions,I don’t know if it supposed to or not.

@Kitkent https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52e4ff57e4b068a31cc49397/t/61e7eba6aaec125829bed38c/1642589107964/MGC+Instructions.pdf

best,

M.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kitkent said:

I’ve also had a C1 kit delivered,it’s the MGC ,the one made famous on here! It’s beautifully made but has no instructions,I don’t know if it supposed to or not. Mine took a few weeks to arrive but I was told about this. Do they make them to order? Or print? Very happy to get this transkit.

Chris.

Now that you mention it, my kit doesn't have instructions either. I'll have to see about getting a copy of them. 

• Like 1

My grandfather decided that he couldn’t buy me a real rabbit so he’d get me this instead 

New acquisition

I had owned a 1976 VW rabbit, just a L model 1.6l 4spd, mine was SenegalRot and his name was frank. I do miss that car, so I may end up building this one to resemble it.

• Like 12

I often wake up with a long forgotten song in my head (ear worm). Most are forgotten for a very good reason. Last week, all week, it was Jerry Reed’s theme song to Smokey and the Bandit. So, now I’m the owner of a Monogram 1/24 ‘77 Trans Am kit. I guess I should buy some Coors beer to drink while I’m building it. 🤮

spacer.png

Ben 

• Like 13

I did not know this kit even existed!  It's an early Palmer kit, So from a modeling perspective, it's a bit of rubbish. But from a historical / antique perspective it's gold! (in my eyes anyway) Why in the world they put a Corvette on the box top is anybody's guess. Those black lumps on the left hand side of the first picture, look to represent a V-something engine. 8? 6? Makes you wonder if Palmer ever actually looked at a real MG-A. OOPS.... they call it a 1960 MG, my mistake!

spacer.png  spacer.png 

Found a Sunbeam. A little more on the pricy side than I wanted, but I'll probably never see a complete one in such good shape again.    Poor guy in the Cortina!

spacer.png  spacer.png

Lastly, anybody remember the Fiat X-19? Don't know exactly what I'm going to do with this, but "I got one"!  Maybe a little, Star Wars-ish race car.  🙄

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12

Wow, three great finds!  The MGA kit is an abomination but a fascinating oddity.  The Rapier kit takes me right back to my childhood - great car, I've actually ridden in one and I built several in that Airfix series, in fact I've still got the Mk III Ford Zodiac I converted into a pickup.  The X1-9 is a shape Ive always loved, shame it isn't  complete kit.

• Like 1

Bought this very cheap off E Bate .(£12.95 )  Its been started , using a scary shade of light blue .... but everything is there . Decals are past their best though.  I built one back in the 90s and I'm impressed by how much detail is included for a 30 year old kit . 

30 years old .... my god !

Gary . 

2023-03-07_07-04-47

• Like 10

Finally achieved a lifelong desire, to own (and will build) a decent-scale kit of the "Squarebird" - the utterly beautiful (to my eyes anyway) '58-60 Mk II Ford Thunderbird.  To me this is the definitive T-Bird, more so even than the Mk I, this is a piece of automotive art.  Until a week or two ago I didn't even know it existed in kit form so you can imagine my childish excitement when I found this on eBay.  It seems to have been produced around 1985 but I believe it was a repro of an earlier kit.

spacer.png

Even more chuffed to find it can be completed as either a hardtop or a convertible.

• Like 11