What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

No pic (apologies), as my phone is broken, however despite being on a kit buying moratorium, I could not resist this:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-14524-32-ford-roadster--1410987 

especially as it was for an especially good price on a certain global online retailer.  For those not familiar with it, this is the newly released retool of the Stacey David '32 from a few years ago, which despite being near identical in many ways to Revell's older (1990s?) '32 roadster, was actually a brand new tooling.

• Like 6

On 12/13/2022 at 3:54 PM, elderly said:

This arrived today !

Big Bug

Got mine too. Looks pretty good, initial work is losing the plating on the wheels and chrome sprue. The chrome is pretty heavy duty, despite 3 dips in Mr Muscle, I will still need to sand residual patches off. Seat needs some work, I'm thinking of cutting facings off and replacing with Milliput.

Looking forward to seeing the first ones of these built up.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2022 at 15:54, elderly said:

This arrived today !

8 minutes ago, triumphfan said:

Got mine too.

I've got some paint that would suit those ;)

spacer.png

Got this too:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

From Mike's Decals, USA.

Two Nascar kits, T-Bird and Monte Carlo.

And without their boxes to keep the weight under 2lbs.

Decals too, Kodiak for that Monte slabside and a classy looking Slixx Mobil 1 Taurus scheme.

But I don't yet have a kit for this! Doh.

So if someone can (cough) help me to acquire a Taurus, let me know!spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

On 28/11/2022 at 20:36, malpaso said:

Not much in the way of car kits available at Middle Wallop yesterday; though I did pick up a virtually MIB Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper.  A very sensible price, not like some of the mad figures on eBay.  It won’t be green / white as I already built this kit like that when it was new (and I wasn’t old), and I have the Racing version for that colour scheme, a Revell for red / white and a Fujimi to try to replicate /restomod my first car in white with black roof.  Which leaves the following factory combinations:

red/black

grey/white

blue/white

yellow/white(?)

Unless the dealer resprayed the roof to customer preference, which apparently wasn’t uncommon.  

I'd be tempted by blue/white or grey/white.

• Like 1

This a club fun build using only tools that are mentioned in the instructions and kit supplied paints and brushes, should be fun! This will be my first car build.

52569267513_f6f01239ce_c.jpg

Next up and purchased at Telford is my 1st motorbike kit;

52569019674_8cfc017591_c.jpg

I recently sold my lovely Daytona 600 which I have had from new for 19 years so I think this purchase was my way of holding on....

Looking forward to building both.

• Like 9

The latest in a series of pick-up trucks, this '66 Fleetside. 

20221219145829-163b26b2-me.jpg

I've built the '65 Stepside a couple of years ago, this will fit right in. 

• Like 10

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to model the three '66 Le Mans winning Ford GT40's. A bit of a backburner project, but todays arrivals brought things a bit closer to a start on actual building.

The Fujimi No 1 car and a rather full up envelope from Indycals turned up, and now get added to the black No 2 car that's been here for a while.

IMG-20221220-143455.jpg

Indycals have provided both blue and gold band tire decals along with decals for the number 5 car. The Fujimi version of that one seems to fetch top dollar whenever it turns up. I can now get a much cheaper No 1 or No 2 car and add the decals to it.

Indycals are really good. The tire decals add a whole lot to anything they are fitted to. Postage from the USA is a more than reasonable $3 to the UK.

The Ken Miles car also came with an unused bottle of Zero Paints take on the blue colour. It looks spot on to me. It's a little bit greyer than the Splash version of the same I bought recently, along with the orange for the same car.

I have enough reference books on the cars to be ready to make a start once I get the last car of the trio, hopefully on some kind of after Xmas deal of some sort. Then the close study of each car and the subtle differences on the great day will get my grey matter moving a bit.

Tony.

• Like 14

That looks very cool!  Whilst I won't be getting one (can't afford it even if I did want to), I am still very glad to see that the correct livery / sponsorship branding hasn't been censored (& this is from someone who can't stand smoking!).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ruston said:

After 2 years on pre-order.

23CB5AF4-4834-40FA-BA5B-4A4C187EE562

You are very lucky Ruston. I have been to visit a work colleague this afternoon, his arrived at lunchtime and he waited until I arrived before opening the box!!

I must say what an impressive kit this is. The paint and graphics look superb, packaging on three levels was lovely to go through, revealing more and more quality castings and parts. Have fun with the build, it sure looks like good value for money.

Atb, Steve. 

• Like 2