What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

17 hours ago, Andreas.R said:

Lancia LC2 from Italeri 1/24

spacer.png4

After I bought this model, I would like to give a short review: This is a decal set with a few plastic parts! The best part are the Cartograph decals - forget the rest! Unless you are a total Lancia fan (Lancisti).

The few parts fit very badly and have many sink marks. The transparent parts are all, except for the rear lights maybe, so horrible that I threw them in the bin in disgust.

You practically have to rebuild the model 90% of the time, and as I said only 20% of the parts are usable at all. It is the worst model I have ever bought or seen.

The box says kit for ages 14 and up - the truth is: For kids up to 14 years!

Cheers

Andreas

Thanks for a honest review, just waiting for someone to say 'but we're modelers everyone wants a shake and bake kit nowadays', no I do this as an enjoyable hobby not spend my life trying to get crap bits of plastic to look like something on the box art 😆

• Haha 3

Some newly acquired scale H0 (1/87) stuff for my future THW / Fire Brigade station. 

WFlLnpX.jpg

qUYxyMS.jpg

Also managed to build up a small collection of Herpa Minikits, they are great for customization as they come unpainted and unassembled, just as they are cheaper than the finished Herpa models. 

zw7Kca7.jpg

ehkAvHz.jpg

So no excuse really for not getting started :) 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, desert falcon said:

Some newly acquired scale H0 (1/87) stuff for my future THW / Fire Brigade station. 

WFlLnpX.jpg

qUYxyMS.jpg

Also managed to build up a small collection of Herpa Minikits, they are great for customization as they come unpainted and unassembled, just as they are cheaper than the finished Herpa models. 

zw7Kca7.jpg

ehkAvHz.jpg

So no excuse really for not getting started :) 

Some of those cars remind me of the Tyco slot cars me and my brother used to play with as kids. Of course we played too violently so most of them were destroyed. Recently when I visited my parents' house I found the track in the attic and managed to salvage parts from the car graveyard to make two cars work again so I could relive some old memories. It was surprisingly fun. And I am happy I am more into fixing thing than destroying things these days...

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 3

Just got back from the Dutch IPMS model show, it had been three years but it was finally on again. I got a nice haul. 

20221126164614-9ad2ed1d-me.jpg

Definitely a US theme going on here.... I particularly like the F-100 service truck, I had never seen that kit before. Right up my alley. Bottom right is a resin Scania Vabis kit, I just need to get a donor kit for it. Luckily, I didn't spend all my money 🙂 

20221126164614-0caab85e-me.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Bottom right is a resin Scania Vabis kit, I just need to get a donor kit for it. Luckily, I didn't spend all my money 🙂 

Well, donor kit acquired, that was easy. Checked the second hand site and there was a local guy here selling it. Somewhat started, box a little damaged so got a nice deal on it.

20221126190029-c2881c16-me.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Well, donor kit acquired, that was easy. Checked the second hand site and there was a local guy here selling it. Somewhat started, box a little damaged so got a nice deal on it.

20221126190029-c2881c16-me.jpg

Hi Jereon this resin kit looks very interesting. I like these older trucks 

Marco F 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dbostream said:

Some of those cars remind me of the Tyco slot cars me and my brother used to play with as kids. Of course we played too violently so most of them were destroyed. Recently when I visited my parents' house I found the track in the attic and managed to salvage parts from the car graveyard to make two cars work again so I could relive some old memories. It was surprisingly fun. And I am happy I am more into fixing thing than destroying things these days...

Now there’s an idea, converting these emergency vehicles into slot cars 😁 

Slot cars are always good fun! Got a box of old Scalextric stuff in the basement, think I’ll go down and dig it out for the Christmas Holidays 🏎️ 

• Like 1

Just remembered I've got a part built AMT Mack cabover that my late dad bought me when it first came out (1977 according to Scalemates but I thought it would have been earlier....) Must dig it out and see what state I left it in & whether it can be rescued!

It's this one;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMT-AMT1062-Mack-Cruise-Liner-Tractor/dp/B0734DGXNX

It has the family surname on it   ( probably why my dad bought it ....!!  :) )

Keith

• Like 5

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Just remembered I've got a part built AMT Mack cabover that my late dad bought me when it first came out (1977 according to Scalemates but I thought it would have been earlier....) Must dig it out and see what state I left it in & whether it can be rescued!

It's this one;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMT-AMT1062-Mack-Cruise-Liner-Tractor/dp/B0734DGXNX

It has the family surname on it   ( probably why my dad bought it ....!!  :) )

Keith

I built this one when I was a teen....so decades ago...

• Like 1

Not much in the way of car kits available at Middle Wallop yesterday; though I did pick up a virtually MIB Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper.  A very sensible price, not like some of the mad figures on eBay.  It won’t be green / white as I already built this kit like that when it was new (and I wasn’t old), and I have the Racing version for that colour scheme, a Revell for red / white and a Fujimi to try to replicate /restomod my first car in white with black roof.  Which leaves the following factory combinations:

red/black

grey/white

blue/white

yellow/white(?)

Unless the dealer resprayed the roof to customer preference, which apparently wasn’t uncommon.  

• Like 5

Got this from my dear family for my birthday the other day. 

yiTyPIC.jpg

It appears to be a nice little kit. 

n3ndb3v.jpg

The PANTHER from Rosenbauer is one of the most popular ARFF (Airport Rescue & Fire Fighting) vehicles in the world and yet Hasegawa has chosen one of the most boring liveries for this boxing! So I was thinking of doing mine in something a bit more colorful, from my old airport in Copenhagen. 

Q63ddAT.jpg
(Photo rights Rosenbauer)

• Like 6

....clearly the postal strike blockage has freed up today! My postie brought this:

tomy-300sl.jpg

It's a bit of a Grail kit, and this one was surprisingly affordable. It's beautifully detailed, with full engine and interior, and includes white metal and etched detail parts, plus an accompanying figure. Probably will hit the bench pretty soon.

best,

M.

• Like 9

On 11/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, malpaso said:

Unless the dealer resprayed the roof to customer preference, which apparently wasn’t uncommon.  

I always liked a red Mini with a black & white chequered roof.

• Like 1

I just ordered the complete 1/8 Mercedes W196 GP kit from IXO so I can compare the tooling to the upcoming LeGrand 1/8 Mercedes 300 SLR Coupe kit that claims "all new tooling" (because the real Mercedes 300 SLR was based on the engine and chassis of the W196 GP racer).

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, brady said:

I(because the real Mercedes 300 SLR was based on the engine and chassis of the W196 GP racer).

To be strictly correct, the Uhlenhaut coupes were based on the 300 SLR sports racer (W 196 S). Expect the engine, gearbox and back end to be similar, but I too would doubt that all-new tooling would make sense.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:22 PM, Sabrejet said:

To be strictly correct, the Uhlenhaut coupes were based on the 300 SLR sports racer (W 196 S). Expect the engine, gearbox and back end to be similar, but I too would doubt that all-new tooling would make sense.

May be just semantics, but the Coupes are 300 SLR sports racers (also designated W 196 S by the factory), just never raced because of M-B withdrawal from racing. The 300 SLR racer engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes were based on the W 196 R GP car.