What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Just snaffled a pre-owned Revell 1/16th scale BMW Isetta kit from Kingkit.  Delighted to find they had precisely one in stock...  Now they haven't.    :evil_laugh:

Delighted as nowhere else in the country appears to have stock.  I've always had a soft spot for bubblecars as my first car was a Heinkel/Trojan 200 and this should be a fun build, something a bit different to add to the stash.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Neddy said:

I've always had a soft spot for bubblecars

Don't know if you watch youtube vids, but one of my favourite builders on there is A4 garage and he did a build series on the smaller Gunze 1/24 BMW Isetta kit. I don't know whether I find his models inspiring or discouraging knowing I'll never reach his standards, but I still love seeing the amazing work he does!

This is the BMW build series;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1-wvd6nVk&list=PLc76ZjlCKXqGcDR2QaMTLuyDGLPHYVGyQ

I love the colour he paints it too!

Keith

Thanks for that Keith, I'll watch it a bit later when I can give the time to it.  I've already watched a couple of Isetta build vids and I'm not sure whether to be discouraged or inspired by them!  I'm certainly learning a whole lot of new techniques so I think I'll go for the latter.  I know my best efforts aren't going to approach the standard I routinely see both here and in these videos but already my results are improving massively as a result of them, so I'll simply enjoy the build and see how close I can get to them!

• Like 1

I have subscribed to A4 Garage as well.

I agree, I am somewhere between inspired and intimidated by his awesome build skills.

I will be trying some of the simpler tricks he utilises.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

A bit of a result from the Letchworth show today, one Monogram Shelby 427 street cobra.

A sticker on the rather nice box said: Complete and started.

The engine halfs were glued together, rear suspension glued in and the body sanded smooth of all its mould seams. The rest is untouched plastic.

The price? £5.00. I didn't attempt any knocking down on that.

• Like 6

Going down in scale, I recently bought these Kibri 1/87 „THW“ kits. Think they might just be a reboxing of the original kits I used to build when I was considerable younger and both the kits and vehicles were new 😉 

iLPqZfJ.jpg

X8k7uqH.jpg

Though likely not known to many outside of Germany, THW stands for „Technisches Hilfswerk“ (in english „Federal Agency for Technical Relief“) and is one of the cornerstones in the German civil defence/disaster preparedness organization, with more the 80.000 volunteers. In fact, I recently became a volunteer myself and indeed as a reserve we still have an old Mercedes Benz „Kipper“ in the fleet :) 

Here however our new MAN TGS tipper, with the old MB in the background. 

600B5tC.jpg

And our almost brand new CAT wheel loader, for which we also have a low loader trailer. 

CJ9TuzY.jpg

• Like 8

I make no apology for a purely nostalgic buy , at a good price off e Bay . In good condition with an original  £14.99 price sticker , this was the first model kit I attempted back in 1985.... Its still in my display cabinet !

2022-11-03_06-26-12

Gary . 

• Like 13

Not really a kit, but just to say thanks for (I think it was) @galaxyg for his recommendation of Indycals. Ordered a set last Wednesday and they turned up today - can't complain at 9 days for production and delivery across the Atlantic. :)

Unfortunately it will be next year before I get to use them, but they look very promising on the sheet.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Spiny said:

Not really a kit, but just to say thanks for (I think it was) @galaxyg for his recommendation of Indycals. Ordered a set last Wednesday and they turned up today - can't complain at 9 days for production and delivery across the Atlantic. :)

Unfortunately it will be next year before I get to use them, but they look very promising on the sheet.

I used Indycals for a set of decals for a 1:32 Matchbox Porsche 935, the service and decals are very good, but they need cutting carefully as the carrier film is not pre-cut.

• Like 2

I feel like a big kid today.  Not only was this gifted by Mrs N for my birthday (courtesy of KingKit) a week or so ago...

spacer.png

...but the long-awaited Lamborghini Marzal kit has just arrived from Tenerife!

spacer.png

As far as I can see it's complete, unstarted and undamaged.  The box is open but all internal packaging is intact.  :happy:

• Like 13

Spotmodel’s distributor told them last week they weren’t able to supply the Next Gen Camaro. I’d ordered and paid for it in July, so I considered it already spent money; Spotmodel offered a refund but I decided to try a different Salvino they had in stock.  Arrived in 5 days from Spain, so no doubt I’ll use SM again!

52486505010_2867f8b226_b.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

Spotmodel’s distributor told them last week they weren’t able to supply the Next Gen Camaro. I’d ordered and paid for it in July, so I considered it already spent money; Spotmodel offered a refund but I decided to try a different Salvino they had in stock.  Arrived in 5 days from Spain, so no doubt I’ll use SM again!

52486505010_2867f8b226_b.jpg

and the packaging of Spot Model is always a joy to look at...

• Like 3

During a 2 week holiday in Singapore and Bangkok, the following made their way into my luggage. The 3 on the left from Singapore and the 3 on the right from Bangkok's Tamiya shop. The R32 and the 300ZX were only £10 each and those two I bought mainly to use parts and engines for other projects - I may try get the r32 Engine into the R33 build. The Wise Sports Crown Royal had been on my Grail list for a very long time  - it's an obscure variant of a a fairly obscure kit and out of production a long time. And then there it was. The Orthia had also been on my "buy it if I see it, but not likely to see it", and the shop had 4 of them!

spacer.png

• Like 12

On 10/11/2022 at 09:11, Sabrejet said:

Well this little beauty arrived yesterday, hot out of the mould from somewhere in France:

Hopefully the GT4 version will be available in the New Year. :)

Until I scrolled down to the pics, I was expecting it to be the 'classic' A110.  As a teenager (it was a Xmas present from my father, along with a spray can of the correct mix Alpine Blue - I think when I was 16?), I built a 1:43 resin A110, which is one of the two oldest built kits that I still have (the other is a Tamiya Volvo 850 estate BTCC & I can't remember which was first!) and which I managed not to destroy in my attempts to built them.

Please do post up a build thread for this - it looks amazing, especially for 1:43!

(I'm really wishing that there will be a 1:24 iinjection kit of one too, as it's pretty much the only modern car that I really like.)

• Like 1