What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

As promised, here are pics of the second buy from the clearance

"I went again on day three because I read on Facebook that there had been a restock. Again, crazy prices with 25% off everything since it was the last day. I bought even more kits for about 60 euros. I didn’t think to take a picture of that pile, but I’ll do it later today. I’m a happy modeller! In total I got 18 kits for 122 euros. "

7 euros (£6) each except the Italeri Dumptruck that was 13 euros (£11).

y4mxhrLmSdu_1v_YUUOfYHWi_ByOtqk0prH7nu0p

y4mBF8e8ZEDISS_3P1bH3D-Tuz-WGyUHolZ8L2l_

• Like 10

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

@Dunderklumpen that VW Karmann Ghia is a great find, even more so at the price you paid!

I think so too! My plan was to check Scalemates as I was at the "shop", but when I saw how many fellow modellers there were, my main focus shifted to "This looks nice, I would like to build that one". I'm fond of Tamiya-kits, so most of them are Tammy. When I got home I entered all of them into my stash at Scalemates, and just then I realized I probably had some really good models. Lucky me! 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Dunderklumpen said:

I think so too! My plan was to check Scalemates as I was at the "shop", but when I saw how many fellow modellers there were, my main focus shifted to "This looks nice, I would like to build that one". I'm fond of Tamiya-kits, so most of them are Tammy. When I got home I entered all of them into my stash at Scalemates, and just then I realized I probably had some really good models. Lucky me! 

I'd have been the same, in fact with the KG kit I'd have grabbed it so quickly that there would probably have been a sonic boom!

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

No, I didn't buy this one.😲😀

spacer.png

That needs a stug to give it a good flattening mate 👍 

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Dunderklumpen said:

7 euros (£6) each except the Italeri Dumptruck that was 13 euros (£11).

€13 for the dump truck, that's crazy! I've been on the lookout for it, but they're over 100 on ebay and such. The VW is a very good find indeed.

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

€13 for the dump truck, that's crazy! I've been on the lookout for it, but they're over 100 on ebay and such. The VW is a very good find indeed.

Crazy low price for me, but absolutely ridiculous prices on Ebay. I'm almost afraid to tell you, but when I bought this one they had one or two more up for sale...

I'm looking forward to going over all kits and instructions once the summer is over and deciding some sort of build order. 

6 minutes ago, Dunderklumpen said:

I'm almost afraid to tell you, but when I bought this one they had one or two more up for sale...

Ahhh... too bad I wasn't in the neighbourhood 😄

• Haha 2

Recently got this kit from a department store close to my work. Like the Revell Porsche 911 Carrera kit I recently bought, also this one has an imperfection on the windscreen clear part. Will have to write Revell customer service, I’m sure they will send me a FOC replacement part again. If I can work out the decals myself, I was thinking of building it as a Dubai Police supercar. 

FqDpfLa.jpg

And yet another Stuttgart’er added to the stash! On the side of the box Tamiya is suggesting to do this in their TS-47 Chrome yellow, think this would actually work well. Remember seeing one in yellow in Dubai some years ago (possible speed yellow?), which looked pretty sharp to me. 

IT0cQwt.jpg

• Like 11

On 6/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, Dunderklumpen said:

As promised, here are pics of the second buy from the clearance

I built the Tamiya BMW K100 back in the day. I didn't do it justice but it's a nice kit.

• Thanks 1

Not perhaps bought by me but as Father's Day was yesterday, whilst my wife and I were returning from Portugal our youngest son left this in the lounge with a card...

photo-vi.jpg

And whilst away I saw this and bought it for further inspiration already having a few VW kits on the shelf..

photo2-vi.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, PatW said:

Not perhaps bought by me

Keeping that theme going it was my birthday last week so I got the Revell Mustang 302 boss and the revell Porsche 911 coupe. Well I was supposed to get the 911 but they sent out a jaguar e type by mistake 🙄along with the receipt saying they had sent out a Porsche 911 😆

Nick

Good choice from you son Pat btw. The GT4 is a nice kit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I have one of these nearing the head of the stash. For anyone thinking of buying it, it's one of those Tamiya kits where you open the box and think "is that all there is?". Then, the more you look at it you realise they've done a very good job of packaging the parts on the sprue - I think this one is going to be more than initially meets the eye. While I haven't started mine yet, if anyone likes the subject I would encourage you to jump straight in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Yes another rally car I saw a lot of in my days as a rally marshal, also with emodels.

• Thanks 1

This is a duplicate of a kit that I already have in the stash.

y4mYNnxCofXqHIoKRmeOTcg3ARnpLIAFAg1xuGtu

It was a reasonable price and I want the wheels for my Revell Mercedes-Benz 560SEC as they are a much nicer rendition of these simple, classic Mercedes alloys.  I will probably get some aftermarket wheels for this so that I don't waste the kit.  Unless I make a mess of my other SL, in which case it will be useful for spares.

y4m2mg8wrEy4LkDJ73Fo5oWs6OLlG1BQVD84NpuI

The reason it was cheap is the decals look pretty worn out, but I could manage without them, you can probably spray the sun strip for the windscreen and just depict a car with leather seats.

y4msHW6zAunIV_2fOQO3wGEcwi5vf8Cmx8o_9T0s

The dashboard decal looks like it might be OK, which is the most important thing.

• Like 8

I just bought the Camaro Fifty kit from AMT:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Model-Kits/Cars-Trucks-Motorcycles/2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-Fifty-Model-Kit/p/80827307?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2MWVBhCQARIsAIjbwoNpMqqfe0mN4G2RlrLDE-xr__Kf0TiS2clb8hO7lfCM_18DI9gx5BkaAs8OEALw_wcB

I am going to paint it lime green with a matte black hood. I am trying to decide if I should go rattle-can enamel or airbrushed enamel for the paint.  Feel free to give me your opinions on what painting method I should consider.  Cheers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Wilkins said:

I just bought the Camaro Fifty kit from AMT:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Model-Kits/Cars-Trucks-Motorcycles/2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-Fifty-Model-Kit/p/80827307?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2MWVBhCQARIsAIjbwoNpMqqfe0mN4G2RlrLDE-xr__Kf0TiS2clb8hO7lfCM_18DI9gx5BkaAs8OEALw_wcB

I am going to paint it lime green with a matte black hood. I am trying to decide if I should go rattle-can enamel or airbrushed enamel for the paint.  Feel free to give me your opinions on what painting method I should consider.  Cheers.

Link doesn't work, unfortunately.  Hobby Lobby don't seem to want non-US visitors to their site.

I haven't painted a body with enamel in 30-odd years.  I use either normal auto paint or Tamiya TS rattle cans (always primed first, not over bare plastic).  When I can be bothered to airbrush, I've used Zero paints, Tamiya acrylics or decanted auto paint. 

16 hours ago, johnlambert said:

The reason it was cheap is the decals look pretty worn out, but I could manage without them

You could try scanning them to reprint copies yourself on decal paper. 

Nice kit, by the way. 

• Thanks 1